Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll go on a limb and say there is absolutely no chance we can get Kozzie and Warner. It doesnt make any sense once you take more than a quick look at the numbers

Assuming you are going with one of them ?
TBH I don’t think it would be an optimal mix with all three including Shai. Either of K or W with Shai kicks off our premiership years.

Assuming you are going with one of them ?
TBH I don’t think it would be an optimal mix with all three including Shai. Either of K or W with Shai kicks off our premiership years.
My preference has always been Kozzie plus one of those two. I think Bolton and Warner actually have a lot of overlap as players and as bizarre as it is, getting both isnt the best use of capital. I'd actually prefer Kozzie over Warner if I could choose

My preference has always been Kozzie plus one of those two. I think Bolton and Warner actually have a lot of overlap as players and as bizarre as it is, getting both isnt the best use of capital. I'd actually prefer Kozzie over Warner if I could choose

That’s fair enough. My best deal was always Shai (1) then Chad but I wouldn’t be disappointed with Kozzie.
Our forward line next year is undoubtedly the best we will have ever had and I reckon it’s going to be very difficult for defences to counter. We just need to get the quality of entries right and that’s where Shai and Chad significantly improve us.
Can’t wait for next season.

Last edited:
His state league form has always been excellent. That's how he tricks teams into giving him a shot.

State league form and AFL potential don't have a perfect correlation otherwise we wouldn't see guys in their mid-20s win Sandovers and get overlooked for in the draft for guys of a similar age and output at state league level.
He is tricky isn't he

Sorry to intrude again folks, but I agree with Snuffy, Pickett would cost less in terms of trade/draft capital I believe (despite being contracted for an extra year) but he definitely would fill a more important need for you, becoming less reliant on your key forwards like Amiss, Treacy and at times Jackson, and he brings an exciting x factor to his game, takes a great spekky every 2nd game and imo what is really underrated qualify about him is that he is an extremely tough/bruising player (granted his hot head has resulted in some lengthy suspensions which is not ideal) but I do feel like your young core/group could use some of his grunt and attack on the footy.
In some ways it could be mutually beneficial to WA footy as a whole if the Eagles get Warner and Freo Kozi Pickett.

I do like this new modern edge of Freo having high ambitions and going hard and ruthless to get the trade targets you want

Am sincerely keen to see how you perform in 2025 !

People are seriously, ridiculously over exaggerating this big time. Part of the reason Port are useless in finals is because they consistently play blokes like Evans and Narkle in finals.

GWS are no different with O'Halloran and Lachie Keefe.

Just because you play in a finals team, doesn't mean you're a good player.

Narkle is meh, if we take him, so be it, but he is bang on average at absolute best
Actually his season at Port was below average for a mid forward unless there is something else missing?

Screenshot_20241022_134608_Chrome.jpg

People are seriously, ridiculously over exaggerating this big time. Part of the reason Port are useless in finals is because they consistently play blokes like Evans and Narkle in finals.

GWS are no different with O'Halloran and Lachie Keefe.

Just because you play in a finals team, doesn't mean you're a good player.

Narkle is meh, if we take him, so be it, but he is bang on average at absolute best
Someone on here actually gets it.

Port's bottom six wasn't that much better than that of the bottom three teams on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back