Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad's the go. Now we have Bolton, he meets a higher need. In any case, it would be a shame to be squeezing Sam Sturt out of the side after a breakout year.

Chad's the go. Now we have Bolton, he meets a higher need. In any case, it would be a shame to be squeezing Sam Sturt out of the side after a breakout year.

I don’t believe Sam is going to be squeezed out . It will be someone else and likely, Switta. It could mean Freddy is given a different role.
Wouldn’t Chad be spending most of his time on ball ? …… just think about it having Young and Warner doing on ball time and then drift into forward 50. It would be relentless.

I don’t believe Sam is going to be squeezed out . It will be someone else and likely, Switta. It could mean Freddy is given a different role.
Wouldn’t Chad be spending most of his time on ball ? …… just think about it having Young and Warner doing on ball time and then drift into forward 50. It would be relentless.
While having this discussion, I really believe Sturt should be the one that loses his spot in that situation. The extra pressure from Switta will make a much bigger difference in that situation. Can only have so many goal kickers in a team - as weird as that is Freo...

While having this discussion, I really believe Sturt should be the one that loses his spot in that situation. The extra pressure from Switta will make a much bigger difference in that situation. Can only have so many goal kickers in a team - as weird as that is Freo...
This is how I see it

Treacy, Amiss, Jackson
Sturt as 4th tall
Bolton as mid/forward
Switta
Forward pocket -Berry if we get him

I guess Frederick could play instead of Sturt, but I like Sturt and his pressure is actually pretty good.

Sorry, I meant if we brought Pickett in.

If you are looking just at pressure, then it would be Freddy or one of the KPFs under the gun. Sturt is not great for tackles, but to my surprise he was actually 6th (based on average) in the side for pressure acts from best 22 players and in this particular stat was ahead of all main forwards except Switta (who is 2nd overall, perhaps boosted by midfield minutes).

I think Sturt was playing injured last year as well which limited his fitness (repeat efforts), speed and sideways movement. If he gets over the niggle he was carrying in his knee, he could take it up a notch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts on Carroi. I haven't seen him play much. We probably have more need for a quickish wing than anything else. Remember him as being a wing in his juniors
He's alright without being great and could play virtually anywhere in the midfield including the wing. He's still young enough to improve a fair bit too.

Seems to be becoming the norm that kind of sh**
out of contract players move via DFA and SSP when in the past you just traded a future 4th rounder for them. I remember too many out of contract players moving for super cheap the trade that moved but I could easily be overlooking someone. The Free agency status for life probably is why it's happening more.

Trouble will be if only one club gets the option. Unless another team agrees to do the same.

Agree. I think they'd choose WC as well, with the higher probability of winning and probably 50/50 over who has the biggest crowd. The AFL would probably push them that way as well ... can't be seen to be giving Freo a leg up.

Maybe North will look to sell 2 games with Tasmania coming in, they aren't needed down there for too much longer and will wind that up. Their pathetic crowds and results at Blundstone in 2024 couldn't get any worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back