Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Future 4ths also have no value now

Everyone knows 4th + rounders move up in the draft after all the bids nowadays and starting this season the F4 has no points value

It might just be me but I feel like clubs always traded away F4s like they were nothing but 4th rounders for the current year where clubs knew what was happening with their current draft hand were more valuable.

This year in what is perhaps is a lead up to next year’s rules we didn’t see any fringe/old/dud players traded for **** all. Also seems to be a lot of SSP rumours this year which to me makes me think that the National Draft might be long but the Rookie Draft a borderline non-event.

My thoughts are if players are worth nothing why not just trade pick 100+ and get it done. Surely a club isn’t going to argue too much over a player who’s already been told they’re getting delisted for example. Can’t help but think fringe players like being delisted as it gives them an additional passage to move again if if needed (e.g. Joel Hamling). Players aren’t technically delisted until list lodgement - they’re just told what’s happening at list lodgement earlier.

Probably decided Sharp, Wagner and to a lesser extent, McDonald have been great pick-ups and see a lot of value in it. Mature, ready to go players for dirt cheap that you can recycle quickly of needed.

Will probably see more prioritisation of the draft as the core group ages.
Similar to Sharp, Carroll fits in totally fine age wise at only 21 so if he hits he can still be here for a while to come

Similar to Sharp, Carroll fits in totally fine age wise at only 21 so if he hits he can still be here for a while to come
I assume there's not really any chance with him tbh given i don't see how they would do it with list spots as they are

I could be off the mark here but I’ve previously said that I think Freddy could play a wing role successfully if we are pushing players around with 4 talls plus Switta and Shai.
He’s being coached into the role he’s playing which can make him look great or shite on any given day as I don’t think he’s a great reader of the play - of which his current role demands initiative to succeed when playing decent opposition.
A wing role would be simpler for him to play imo, and while I like his set shots for goal, I think his marking as a 6 footer is pretty strong and would give another option with his pace up the ground for 30m kicks picking the zone apart, which we lack depth in.
I think him and Sharp on the wings (depending on where Noddy ends up) is an option or a rotation off the bench.

If we do take in Narkle I’m wondering if they are thinking a change of roles - maybe a distributor off half back? We’ve really only got Clarke and Wagner in that role with Ryan more a third man up / interceptor and Walker more lock down defender.
Chappy maybe as well but there’s always talk of him moving up the field.
Narkle’s footskills are up to it i think, maybe not quite quick / aerobically fit enough ?
On saying this, with Port losing Houston you’d think they would have tried that move first I guess if he showed any promise there🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back