List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t we learn our lesson re: King/Riewoldt comparisons surely?

Also not really sure why no one thinks half forward isn't a valuable position? And that saying he would be better suited to it is a bad call? and based on a couple of games at the AFL level as sub we are all 100% certain of a kids future in the midfield..

Also, you probably think you are supporting the kid by saying comparisons to Lenny Hayes and Nick Daicos etc. you’re actually not it put unnecessary pressure on or worse yet can inflate their ego to think they’re already at the level. Why do you think Ross steers away from talking up and praising individuals when asked by the media.

You can't psych out Stone Cold Hugo Garcia. Pressure is scared of him. Hugo transcends ego, he operates on a high plain than us mortals. He could stare you down so intensely that your bowels would involuntarily let go.

Also not really sure why no one thinks half forward isn't a valuable position? And that saying he would be better suited to it is a bad call? and based on a couple of games at the AFL level as sub we are all 100% certain of a kids future in the midfield..
Not really interested in such a shallow, redundant argument sorry boss, I deal with enough of those on the daily as is x

I’m not trolling at all.. also being taken out of context here a bit. Try responding to what I’ve actually said instead of straw-manning.

My point is I think Garcia projects as a high-half forward rather than a midfielder due to his attributes and production. Thats also a very important role as we have seen with the rise of GWS and Hawks recently.

Let’s not immediately frame him as a midfielder just because thats what he was drafted as, same idea as Mitch Owens just because he was a mid as a junior doesn’t mean he will be at AFL level.

No one’s calling for Hugo to be delisted he has shown promise of-course but I’m just calling it as I see it .

Cheers, HS
I can see a bit in what you are saying - he has the attributes to play a fleet footed high half forward - Dylan Moore, Alex Neal-Bullen, Tom Papley, Zac Bailey, etc.

I actually think that role is the most underrated role in AFL football - integral to team defence in quickly filling up midfield space and adding numbers back, but then so important to ball movement on the quick break, finding pockets of space and ensuring quick and efficient kicking.

But agree with others, in the end, he is projecting as a really agile, quick, ground ball, contest player - he might be our Draper, Smith, Reid......

King is not psychologically built for the glamour forward role. Hugo is a flint hard, ambitious kid who knows he's only as good as the work he puts in. It's like the primped bayside private school boy versus the western suburbs kid who knows he would be working a shit job if his footy doesn't take off. Doubt he takes anything for granted and will thrive with a game built on work ethic.

I can see a bit in what you are saying - he has the attributes to play a fleet footed high half forward - Dylan Moore, Alex Neal-Bullen, Tom Papley, Zac Bailey, etc.

I actually think that role is the most underrated role in AFL football - integral to team defence in quickly filling up midfield space and adding numbers back, but then so important to ball movement on the quick break, finding pockets of space and ensuring quick and efficient kicking.

But agree with others, in the end, he is projecting as a really agile, quick, ground ball, contest player - he might be our Draper, Smith, Reid......

I think that high half forward is a perfect stepping stone for him but everything about him looks like a future inside mid. Looks like he'd thrive as a two way mid who can win contested possession but stop the opposition taking the ball just as well. Looks like one of the better prospects that we have on our list to me. Ari and Garcia look like the type of late picks that make you get rapid jumps. Both look like they could be above average footballers with potential to be A graders.

1725505740556.png

The Peanut Muppetry like is ELITE!

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree

This kid excites me.

As the season progressed he showed more and more potential.

Reckon he's a smart footballer too. I think he can be a surprisingly big piece of the puzzle.

Really want to see him and Windy kill it over the next few years.
The way those two hunt the man and ball bodes well for our future midfield. Pou adds size and class while Steele can just keep doing his thing.
I think we're good to go if we get this draft right.

If there is truth to that then it's pretty average form. He clearly couldn't face his teammates and be upfront with them which is pretty poor from him. Assuming that comment from that journo is true
Not sure how accurate this report is. Heard he was with the boys Mad Monday, absolutely slaughtered and had to be carried out to the car.

Points on a couple of current talking points

Reckon Mason got three as he is so valuable at the club, wouldn't surprise if he transitions into a coach and becomes our 4th premiership coach ( after Yabby, RTB and Boris ).

Garcia has all the makings of a full time mid. I would temper his AFL form just a tad. He substitutes in late in the 3rd or early 4th. By then the game has opened up, mids are tiring and he has no space.
This is not to critisise his involvement which I think is excellent, great accurate kicks, sharp handballs in close and the most sublime rundown HTB this season. A valuable contributor.
I do think he still needs development, especially physically, however at pick 50 ish I reckon we have got a beauty.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I refuse to have my expectations of Garcia tempered. We haven't had a GOAT around here since the almighty Blake Acres.

I propose Garcia is known henceforth as HUGOAT.

In seriousness the kid is a tracking beautifully. Can see him playing some half forward at AFL level next year until he add a few KGs but ultimately should be a full time mid. He has all the traits. Can do the grunt work with tackling and pressure, win his own ball, good pace and a touch of class and vision with ball in hand. Hope the coaches invest heavily in his development this pre season.

You can't psych out Stone Cold Hugo Garcia. Pressure is scared of him. Hugo transcends ego, he operates on a high plain than us mortals. He could stare you down so intensely that your bowels would involuntarily let go.
At night, Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Hugo Garcia.

I refuse to have my expectations of Garcia tempered. We haven't had a GOAT around here since the almighty Blake Acres.

I propose Garcia is known henceforth as HUGOAT.

In seriousness the kid is a tracking beautifully. Can see him playing some half forward at AFL level next year until he add a few KGs but ultimately should be a full time mid. He has all the traits. Can do the grunt work with tackling and pressure, win his own ball, good pace and a touch of class and vision with ball in hand. Hope the coaches invest heavily in his development this pre season.

HUGOAT! HUGOAT! HUGOAT!

I don't mind us trying a 2nd hand player like Curtis Taylor.
I don't mind us keeping Dow on the list and giving him a good pre-season.
But if we keep Stocker, AND Dow, AND get Curtis Taylor , its like we've got a collection happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back