List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why you are being panned for this. I have been an unashamed Hugo fan since first laying eyes on him in the pre-season, but I think it's a realistic opinion to have at this stage of his career, even if not everyone agrees. If he develops into a gun high half-forward who can roll through the middle in the Moore/Daniels mould, that's a perfectly good outcome and fills a key role that has been highlighted by our forward connection issues. We probably had Henry earmarked for it but Garcia shows a bit more composure ball in hand IMO.

Hopefully he does end up as a full-time mid and I am one of those that believe he will, but for a guy who has played four full games of AFL, your guess is as good as mine. I think we can all at least agree that he should never wear the sub vest again.
I think his absolute 1wood is in centre clearances/clearances. Either tackles or gets it. Those first few steps are delicious.

Funny how everyone agrees Hugo will be playing Half Forward next year after all the outrage
What an unqualified motherhood statement!! Who's everyone?

I don't agree with that at all.

I could say "everyone agrees that Garcia will rack up bulk midfield minutes next year" and it would mean just as much as your statement - three fifths of five eighths of **** all......

Sorry, that’s such a crock.
Many kids, including my own, went to private schools, and that is such a generalisation.
Character and personalities differ, and that’s got nothing to do with where someone went to school.

Expecting to be the solo saviour in a success-starved club from the day he walked into it, would place enormous pressure on anyone’s shoulders, let alone one who doesn’t appear to have any figjam about him.
Nar private school kids are soft as shite. It's a known fact.

Let’s wait and see where he gets played next year
You understand how development works , yes ?

Literally every player Ross has played has started at either half forward/half back. Sydney do it with all their young players.

Heck look at Heeny it took him 10 years to play on ball and now he might win the Brownlow.

King is not psychologically built for the glamour forward role. Hugo is a flint hard, ambitious kid who knows he's only as good as the work he puts in. It's like the primped bayside private school boy versus the western suburbs kid who knows he would be working a shit job if his footy doesn't take off. Doubt he takes anything for granted and will thrive with a game built on work ethic.

You might as well be describing Caminiti vs King here as well.

You understand how development works , yes ?

Literally every player Ross has played has started at either half forward/half back. Sydney do it with all their young players.

Heck look at Heeny it took him 10 years to play on ball and now he might win the Brownlow.

Now he might get the most votes but not win the Brownlow.

Had a thorough look over at the Curtis Taylor thread on the North board and the take aways were .....

That he can cover a lot of distance ... runs hard ... but barely gets above 20 possessions ... is a very good mark with a bit if x factor and has an eye for goal ... he is very suited up to play permanently forward but rarely did .... has good vision but tends to go for thr millionaire kick rather than the smarter option .... but has the skills to pull it off... but not always

Has a tendency to fumble and also not keep his feet in a contest .... this was the biggest gripe amongst North supporters ..... also that he would have an excellent game only to follow it up with a nothing game .... so consistency issues ... always promised to break out ... but never did

Has not put on any muscle since he was drafted ... skinny rake ..... doesn't look like he has stepped inside a gym ..... so was too easily brushed aside when laying a tackle .... and wasnt a super fast either

Some North supporters thought he was worth persevering with ... compared him a bit to Wood ... others not so much and are happy to move him out
Seems like a reasonable moneyball shot, and inconsistency isn't exactly a criticism playing there. It's been hard yakka for all the players at Norff and it looks like persisting for a while so a change of scenery might reinvigorate a few of them.. as DH said, if Maso gives a thumbs up it's good enough. Hopefully he's mates with LDU too.

A couple of 3rd rounders for this guy and Peatling seems like good business to me. Chuck in Tomlinson for nothing too.
Not glamorous by any means, but fits where we're at.

Had a thorough look over at the Curtis Taylor thread on the North board and the take aways were .....

That he can cover a lot of distance ... runs hard ... but barely gets above 20 possessions ... is a very good mark with a bit if x factor and has an eye for goal ... he is very suited up to play permanently forward but rarely did .... has good vision but tends to go for thr millionaire kick rather than the smarter option .... but has the skills to pull it off... but not always

Has a tendency to fumble and also not keep his feet in a contest .... this was the biggest gripe amongst North supporters ..... also that he would have an excellent game only to follow it up with a nothing game .... so consistency issues ... always promised to break out ... but never did

Has not put on any muscle since he was drafted ... skinny rake ..... doesn't look like he has stepped inside a gym ..... so was too easily brushed aside when laying a tackle .... and wasnt a super fast either

Some North supporters thought he was worth persevering with ... compared him a bit to Wood ... others not so much and are happy to move him out

He reminds me of Jack Higgins type in a shit side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timbo plays like a KPPand generally marks like one. I think Curtis will be more a classy / showboat type HFF. I’m not sure whose role he would be taking to be honest. Philippou plays even more mid minutes? Henry plays more mid and wing minutes? Wilson more wing?

Think he probably takes Hugo's high half forward role.

He’s gone from saying he’s too small to play mid and probably has to be loved to a half forward, to saying he’ll probably be run through half forward.
The pivot broke even Kobe’s ankles.

Only St Kilda fans can bemoan 15 years of taking HBFs, trying to turn them into mids....then when we get a mid call for him to be turned into a HF.

Sorry, that’s such a crock.
Many kids, including my own, went to private schools, and that is such a generalisation.
Character and personalities differ, and that’s got nothing to do with where someone went to school.

Expecting to be the solo saviour in a success-starved club from the day he walked into it, would place enormous pressure on anyone’s shoulders, let alone one who doesn’t appear to have any figjam about him.

I was only half serious. My son went to a PS and he's as hard as a cat's head. Still a lazy spoiled brat too though.

Seems like a reasonable moneyball shot, and inconsistency isn't exactly a criticism playing there. It's been hard yakka for all the players at Norff and it looks like persisting for a while so a change of scenery might reinvigorate a few of them.. as DH said, if Maso gives a thumbs up it's good enough. Hopefully he's mates with LDU too.

A couple of 3rd rounders for this guy and Peatling seems like good business to me. Chuck in Tomlinson for nothing too.

I wonder how ****ed Sam Day's body is. I remember he went back for a game at Goldy and looked amazing. GC delisted him I think.

The only benefit of going to a private school is the easier accessibility of drugs. Everything else is 99% the same. Yeah I said it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Drugs are everywhere, you just get better quality at a good school.

So very similar to half our current squad…….get him in.

The knock on Taylor at U18s was his lack of consistency. Expected to go top 20 and slid to the 40s

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back