List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to imagine that Mason Wood delisted in 2020 by a bottom side would engender such respect and reverence from the St.Kilda faithful a few seasons later.
The guy wins best club man a couple of years ago, seems to take the kids under his wing and even into his home, have heard he goes out of his way to video review with the kids, and this is before we even talk about his contribution on the field.
Wood may never be an AA but teams and clubs are built around character and it would seem Wood has it in buckloads.

Can't think of a player from another club so embraced by Saints fans, especially a DFA. Maybe Roberton, but really not close.

I always thought Wood was a good fit for us when at the Roos. Happy he has gone so well and the club also recognises his worth with a 3 year contract.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Paddy about the only other one in recent memory that was embraced so thourougly

And our Hail Mary kicks to the forward line doesn’t help. Feel like we have a better game plan now.
Ha ha - yep, matinee playing in the forward line with that delivery. No surprise that Hammer, Cooper and Higgins started playing out of their skin when ball movement became slicker. There’s no real causation with King for me, but he does need to get on his bike next year rather than getting the ball dropped on his head.

Media said the boys were all going to Bali too. Haven’t seen one there, they’re all in Europe.
Regardless, seeya Josh
A guy messaged me the other day, he's in Bali and bumped into a bunch of the boys, along with a fair contingent of North players apparently. They're definitely in Bali, at least some of them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That VFL game against Richmond was a potential look into his future. 34 touches, 3 goals, 12 tackles and 162 fantasy points. I don't think he even started on the ground. He's played 11 VFL games ranked over 100 fantasy points in 7 of them, 3 more in the 90s. His worst out put was 83.

Looks an absolute blue chip prospect. And yes he's a brutal tackling machine who is the same height as Lenny Hayes.
He was played as a small forward in a few as well if my memory serves me correctly. Not to mention the few where he was either the unused or barely used sub.

He is a gun, I scoffed a bit when reports came out that we were surprised he was still on the board when we got him - but they were absolutely correct.

A guy messaged me the other day, he's in Bali and bumped into a bunch of the boys, along with a fair contingent of North players apparently. They're definitely in Bali, at least some of them!
Yeah there is Bali. I work with Gus McClellans sister. They were there but had a social media black out because……, well, it was a footy trip

I’m not trolling at all.. also being taken out of context here a bit. Try responding to what I’ve actually said instead of straw-manning.

My point is I think Garcia projects as a high-half forward rather than a midfielder due to his attributes and production. Thats also a very important role as we have seen with the rise of GWS and Hawks recently.

Let’s not immediately frame him as a midfielder just because thats what he was drafted as, same idea as Mitch Owens just because he was a mid as a junior doesn’t mean he will be at AFL level.

No one’s calling for Hugo to be delisted he has shown promise of-course but I’m just calling it as I see it .

Cheers, HS

I’m not trolling at all.. also being taken out of context here a bit. Try responding to what I’ve actually said instead of straw-manning.

My point is I think Garcia projects as a high-half forward rather than a midfielder due to his attributes and production. Thats also a very important role as we have seen with the rise of GWS and Hawks recently.

Let’s not immediately frame him as a midfielder just because thats what he was drafted as, same idea as Mitch Owens just because he was a mid as a junior doesn’t mean he will be at AFL level.

No one’s calling for Hugo to be delisted he has shown promise of-course but I’m just calling it as I see it .

Cheers, HS

He's come on for a quarter as a midfielder. ( 15% and 27% TOG ), He's had 4 and 5 contested possessions. 6 and 10 disposals.
Of course you can't just extrapolate those stats, and he may need a better tank to run games out, but if he can do that for a quarter as a mid, what do you think he can't do as a mid?

Also, you probably think you are supporting the kid by saying comparisons to Lenny Hayes and Nick Daicos etc. you’re actually not it put unnecessary pressure on or worse yet can inflate their ego to think they’re already at the level. Why do you think Ross steers away from talking up and praising individuals when asked by the media.

The Reeves rumours are interesting. There is no doubt he is a good tap ruckman but what else does he offer, I think Max heath would be a better contested mark. Its exactly why Meek has gone past him at Hawthorn he is very good aroud the ground. Perhaps the club (RTB) think they can work with him ala Sandilands and turn him into something - skeptical?

The up shot is the club obviously think Marshall can add more playing a dual role with King forward.

His numbers are never that impressive and for his size he doesn't dominate. He's realistically another Tom Campbell with possibly some more development left in him.

Also, you probably think you are supporting the kid by saying comparisons to Lenny Hayes and Nick Daicos etc. you’re actually not it put unnecessary pressure on or worse yet can inflate their ego to think they’re already at the level. Why do you think Ross steers away from talking up and praising individuals when asked by the media.

That would have to the worst and most uneducated player assessment I have read on this forum. But at least you say what you believe I guess... However you can bookmark that Garcia will be a midfield star, there is nothing more certain and he will completely obliterate any doubts you have on him.

5208B4C6-E9F9-4705-9A56-72147891E5BB.jpeg

Paddy about the only other one in recent memory that was embraced so thourougly

Ryder came as a fully formed gun that we got the last drops out of. Mason had a career of disappointment at North. Somehow we managed to turn a guy who was a whipping boy KP forward into one of the best wings in the comp. The way Mason contributes so much outside footy and has embraced the club and team mates makes it a pretty rare and engaging story. He's like a cultural ambassador, dietician, fitness and lifestyle guru and father figure for a heap of young players. He's as valuable off field as on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back