List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel has just about been Essendon’s best player the last month, if we land him for a third rounder or less it’s going to be a good get, in the sense that we don’t lose much and he’s easily making our 23 with our midfield. Clearly Parker would be good also but he might have a few suitors including Sydney, after his recent form. 1 year deals preferably. But I’d say to get them over you have to offer more than others.
Parker has had fewer injuries than Shiel I think and I’d take him anyway for leadership etc. coming from an excellent club.
Still a bit wary of taking on injured players after Hanners though and Shiel doesn’t do it for me.

I'd hope we are right into Brent Daniels, restricted free agent next year although GWS are apparently keen to lock him away. Unbelievably good game today & would fill a massive need. Just a very smart footballer who never wastes a possession.

Battle on Jeremy Cameron but people think he's only a third tall

Well I'll enjoy the instant gratification because I am not a fan of cutting my nose off to spite my face. Though I'll long forget this game over the coming years. Lets hope the reminder of it is not constantly watching No.4 carve it up and winning a Brownlow / Premiership before we do ( because Gold Coast definitely need more elite top end talent )

Well I'll enjoy the instant gratification because I am not a fan of cutting my nose off to spite my face. Though I'll long forget this game over the coming years. Lets hope the reminder of it is not constantly watching No.4 carve it up and winning a Brownlow / Premiership before we do ( because Gold Coast definitely need more elite top end talent )
Jesus man read the room

we never had number 4. Adelaide have that

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going above GC makes stuff all difference. That pick will get eaten up by the Leo Lombard pick. Rather get the wins and a winning at all costs culture. And with the first 10 picks so even if again it doesn't matter where we finish from here.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude guys but just letting you know I’ve heard that you guys are really into Jai Serong from us, he can certainly play and will be a great pickup for you guys.

Ironically we would be looking at him as a replacement CHB to fill the Battle role. He has mostly been playing as a HBF but given his height and marking I reckon the Saints will attempt to have him play at CHB.

Just on the Steele hypotheticals… has a club ever traded its captain before?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You have to go back a long way. Nothing that I can recall in the modern era.

Garry Sidebottom was captain of St Kilda in 1980 and was traded to Geelong in 1981.

Mark Williams was captain of Collingwood in 1986 and was traded to the Brisbane Bears in 1987.

Jeff Hogg was captain of Richmond in 1993 and was traded to Fitzroy in 1994.

Wayne Carey was captain of North in 2001 when he was exposed as being in an affair with Anthony Stevens’ wife. He was traded to Adelaide the next year.

Ryan Griffen was captain of the WB in 2014 and was traded to GWS in 2015 as part of the Tom Boyd trade. He would be the last one I think.

Going above GC makes stuff all difference. That pick will get eaten up by the Leo Lombard pick. Rather get the wins and a winning at all costs culture. And with the first 10 picks so even if again it doesn't matter where we finish from here.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gold Coast will most likely trade that pick away for later picks if they think that the Lombard pick will come before then. And if not, they will hold onto it and use it to take a player, then also being able to get Lombard with later picks.

Gold Coast will most likely trade that pick away for later picks if they think that the Lombard pick will come before then. And if not, they will hold onto it and use it to take a player, then also being able to get Lombard with later picks.

Yep on reflection you are right, GCS will trade it out and use later picks to match the Lombard bid. I wonder if we can get involved in that pick swap? You can garuantee with Lyon being a part of the List Management Team they have discussed it and have worked out where they want to finish pick wise. Either way it was nicer to beat the Pussies.

Shiel has just about been Essendon’s best player the last month, if we land him for a third rounder or less it’s going to be a good get, in the sense that we don’t lose much and he’s easily making our 23 with our midfield. Clearly Parker would be good also but he might have a few suitors including Sydney, after his recent form. 1 year deals preferably. But I’d say to get them over you have to offer more than others.
Last year's draft:

Hugo Garcia pick 50
Archie Roberts pick 54
Calsher Dear pick 56
Harvey Thomas pick 59
Arie Schoenmaker pick 62
Lawson Humphries pick 63

Imagine trading any of these blokes for the privilege of nursing Dylan Shiel through rehab for a couple of years.

I just did some trolling on the Hawthorn site and they are very confident of picking up Battle and Barrass. It obviously looks like we are prepared to let Josh go if we are garaunteed the first round compo. Seems we are looking for a a cheap replacement also eg Jai SerongI gather he unofficially becomes part of the deal.

I just did some trolling on the Hawthorn site and they are very confident of picking up Battle and Barrass. It obviously looks like we are prepared to let Josh go if we are garaunteed the first round compo. Seems we are looking for a a cheap replacement also eg Jai SerongI gather he unofficially becomes part of the deal.
Jai is a spud. Not worth trading for

I believe Jimmy Webster has signed on, from Ross Lyon presser.

Jai is a spud. Not worth trading for

Haven't seen a lot of him, but his VFL stats in a strong side look promising. He is only 21 yo Battle didnt come good until 3 years ago. It seems the Hawks are prepared to let him go so time will tell I guess.

Oh great news.
What a plan, we can get any players that are good, and ship them to the Hawks and replace them by players they have obviously decided aren't good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back