List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

James Peatling would have to be seriously considering his options this offseason.

Hasn’t gone anywhere near the midfield this afternoon now that Coniglio and Kelly are back. He’s been one of the Giants best the last month.

Not saying it’s us, but if a club offered him three years and promised midfield time, he’d be silly to not consider it.
I’d rather Josh Faye, would free up Sincs.

We have Hastie, we don't need another half back. Fahey also isn't leaving the Giants, he's grown up playing in their academy
Steele was an academy player, as was Henry. It's difficult but not impossible

Yep on reflection you are right, GCS will trade it out and use later picks to match the Lombard bid. I wonder if we can get involved in that pick swap? You can garuantee with Lyon being a part of the List Management Team they have discussed it and have worked out where they want to finish pick wise. Either way it was nicer to beat the Pussies.
Very doubtful that we could get involved. I'd say Richmond would already be planning who to draft with that Suns pick.

One would hope it's a mid and a tall, but that's wishful thinking.

Naz, Pou, Wilson, Owens, King, Hammer, Henry, Cooper, Garcia, Windy is a good core that have all shown something at the level. We need to nail one more draft to add a few midfielders to the list above. If Ari, Keeler, Collard can show they belong at the level that's a massive bonus.

Don't like the idea of trading a future first at all. Targeting Peatling is smart, he wouldn't cost that much and has shown a bit. I maintain that we should throw a contract at Sheldrick and Humphreys and see if we can tempt them out.

Very doubtful that we could get involved. I'd say Richmond would already be planning who to draft with that Suns pick.

One would hope it's a mid and a tall, but that's wishful thinking.
Jagga Smith,Finn O'Sullivan have already trialled with Richmond VFL
Harvey Langford will play with them today and Murphy Reid was denied by AFL in having a run with them
Is that any guide to who they are interested in

Jagga Smith,Finn O'Sullivan have already trialled with Richmond VFL
Harvey Langford will play with them today and Murphy Reid was denied by AFL in having a run with them
Is that any guide to who they are interested in
Or, with any luck, are figuring out which mid to pair with Trainor or maybe even Armstrong.

Imagine a draft with Armstrong and Trainor taken in the top 5! If only....

We probably start favourites against the blues, I doubt Melbourne beat Collingwood and I’m not sure the Suns will even beat Richmond let alone pile on enough percentage to beat ours. Every chance we end finishing 12th - the wins are great but that is not a good result, especially if it’s the 2 picks because Battle has left.

On Battle, I’ve heard the Hawks only want one of Battle/Barass and supposedly Barass is a done deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele was an academy player, as was Henry. It's difficult but not impossible
Yes but Jack Steele wasn't getting opportunity. Completely different scenarios. Fahey has been injured and the Giants have Cumming and Perryman both likely to leave which opens up a spot for him when he returns. Giants really like him - I know him and his dad

I’m hearing Curtis taylor will be a saint in 2025

Well I'll enjoy the instant gratification because I am not a fan of cutting my nose off to spite my face. Though I'll long forget this game over the coming years. Lets hope the reminder of it is not constantly watching No.4 carve it up and winning a Brownlow / Premiership before we do ( because Gold Coast definitely need more elite top end talent )
I never forgot the 2008 game v the eventual premiers, Hawthorn where we were 28 points down at halftime to storm back and win by 16 points.
That game was the catalyst for us making top 4 that year and a bees dick away from two flags.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never forgot the 2008 game v the eventual premiers, Hawthorn where we were 28 points down at halftime to storm back and win by 16 points.
That game was the catalyst for us making top 4 that year and a bees dick away from two flags.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't there a famous run down tackle in that game too...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back