List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Things are starting to get wild on this forum.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

my idea was obviously far fetched and from the Dodoro play book but lets break it down shall we;

Essendon Captain
3 x AA (most think he should have been this year too)
4 x club B&F
contracted for another 3 years
5th line of betting with sports bet for the Brownlow if you want to go down this line

So yeah, to be asking for the world? why not. We hold absolutely all the cards...

Lets just all agree that this will not be happening and you will instead end up with Jake Stringer for a future 3rd
I agree there is no way a deal can’t be done

He is worth way more to you than his actual value.

I agree there is no way a deal can’t be done

He is worth way more to you than his actual value.
forget the numerical draft pick value he may command, he is the one bloke who is actually (trying to) set standards. move him on and we may as well fold

This Merrett talk is absolutely ridiculous. If there’s any truth to it then St Kilda supporters should storm Moorabbin asking for Silvagni’s head. Let’s throw away two years of draft picks for a 29yo. Yes he’s a great player but this kind of move will destroy what is already an extremely thin list. Whether we like it or not the only way to set up for any type of future success is to hit the draft hard and bring in some gun young mids to add to what we already have.
I’ve been a vocal critic of Silvagni since his days at GWS, if this is true then it’s me just about done with this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its feels to me that Merrett is doing a Trac.
He is making some noise about moving clubs because he is unhappy with the going ons at Essendon.
I guess this news will hopefully get Essendon to make some real change.
Possibly the other way around, Merret is unhappy with the changes happening at the hanger and likes things exactly as they have been. See his complaints about Stringer, Hind and Laverde. He's jacking up because he didn't get what he wanted, his party boys all around him.

Really hard to see how Merrett deal would happen. But maybe the dons do engage in it and use the proceeds to arm themselves for a crack at Harley?

Its feels to me that Merrett is doing a Trac.
He is making some noise about moving clubs because he is unhappy with the going ons at Essendon.
I guess this news will hopefully get Essendon to make some real change.

Hopefully? I for one want them to be a basket case forever.

Possibly the other way around, Merret is unhappy with the changes happening at the hanger and likes things exactly as they have been. See his complaints about Stringer, Hind and Laverde. He's jacking up because he didn't get what he wanted, his party boys all around him.
Merret had the chance to move 2yrs ago when he wasn't happy , now it's to late , he signed on again and his value now is too much for a 29yr old - would be good to have but really is a short term fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back