List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne have been trying to offload him for the past 6 months.

If it was a nothing pick and you were a believer that we weren’t far off top 4 and challenging.

You have to do it.
Partly the reason I have held off posting on here, is a good mate of mine is a former long term AFL player.

Punting addiction, coupled with a sniff habit is genuinely par for the course. It’s absolutely rife (as it was for him). I mean these young blokes can’t drink, have a massive disposable income and have heaps of time on their hands.

if clarrys body is fine (albeit a bit fat), he is willing to do the work and costs nothing other than coin then the club will be 100% looking at it.

The off field culture piece is so overrated. Sure some of them tow the company line, but if a bloke is willing to work hard, play as a strong team mate, then what he does outside of that is largely irrelevant to his team mates, despite what the journos (with their own habits) report.

Imagine the horror of waking up in the morning and realising that you were Tom Morris and the path you have chosen in life is entirely futile
Was watching a clip on YouTube of Nathan Buckley breaking down the grand final on SEN

Tom Morris was also on screen and spent the majority of the video picking his nose.

No I’m not joking.

Max
Steele
Sincs
Hill
Dougal
Ro
Crouch
Gresh
Billings
Ross/Membrey

Literally half that list are a flat out no.

Only like 4 clear yes and the rest are very questionable.

I am baffled to see the insane logic (ie we had10 guys in 2023 on 700k+) being applied to refute the bleeding obvious- our club screwed up bigtime in 2022 if it's not band 1.

If it wasn't our fault- this would have happened to heaps of other clubs in the last 12 years of free agency.

It hasn't.
This is the first time a guy like battle has ever qualified as an unrestricted freeagent

Literally half that list are a flat out no.

Only like 4 clear yes and the rest are very questionable.

I am baffled to see the insane logic (ie we had10 guys in 2023 on 700k+) being applied to refute the bleeding obvious- our club screwed up bigtime in 2022 if it's not band 1.

If it wasn't our fault- this would have happened to heaps of other clubs in the last 12 years of free agency.

It hasn't.
This is the first time a guy like battle has ever qualified as an unrestricted freeagent
Just an FYI - GWS and Perryman are in the same boat, with similar $$$ getting thrown around.

F/S and Academies can stay IMO.
The only thing I would adjust is the stupid points. Make it quite simple. To match any bid the pick you give up has to be within 7-10 picks of the initial bid.
The points system was the largest stupid thing that they could ever have thought up.
There's many ways to make it equitable but it's obvious the league doesn't want it to be because they just don't have the balls to say they are going to directly support the northern clubs.
IMO the best way is to:
1. Change the rate order of points consumption and,
2. Only allow access after you've taken your 1st pick of the draft.
This basically means that the cost of access is in direct relationship to your finishing position and operates within the market mechanism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's many ways to make it equitable but it's obvious the league doesn't want it to be because they just don't have the balls to say they are going to directly support the northern clubs.
IMO the best way is to:
1. Change the rate order of points consumption and,
2. Only allow access after you've taken your 1st pick of the draft.
This basically means that the cost of access is in direct relationship to your finishing position and operates within the market mechanism.
See that could work quite easily as well.
I look at the having to be within a certain number of picks as meaning that they would have to potentially give up players to get those higher picks. This idea of using 10 3rd and 4th round picks to equal a top 10 is just absurd.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back