List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey is nearing the end and we aren't contending for a flag in the next 2 years.

I think that in Ross Lyon's gameplan, any forward that can stay on the move, lead, push up to the wings and back, has a role to play. I see similarities between Armstrong and Jeremy Cameron. Or he might be the next Spencer White :laughing:

Membrey has been a super reliable "club man" (let's not call them GOP's?) totally different to White who like McCartin had huge upside potential that was never reached (for very different reasons).

I would bank on having someone like Tim in our team for the next year or so over some speculative late pick any day of the week.

Why do we need a forward?
King
Sharman
Caminiti
Owens
Higgins
Butler
Marshall going forward (Soldo ruck)
Mids going forward etc

We have needed mids for a decade, are we going down the wrong path again? Don't think so, listen to Lyon all through the season.
I never said we needed a forward, the poster I quoted did. I was arguing the point for IF we did want one, but I don’t believe so

Just a bit of idle talk since the trade period is still boring, but I reckon (anecdotally) it's much easier to trade in a premium KPF than a premium mid so our draft focus should be mids and more mids.

Top 3 in this year's goal kickers all playing for their second or third club; in the last few years there's been blockbuster trades like Lynch and Buddy (ok that was a while ago) then some lesser but still very handy moves like Dixon, Brown.

How many A grade mids change clubs at their peak and then go on to dominate for 4+ years? Danger springs to mind but I can't think of too many others.

Why do we need a forward?
King
Sharman
Caminiti
Owens
Higgins
Butler
Marshall going forward (Soldo ruck)
Mids going forward etc

We have needed mids for a decade, are we going down the wrong path again? Don't think so, listen to Lyon all through the season.

Premiership window you need to be top 6 for defence and offence.

We'll always be top 6 defence in a Lyon coached team.

Fwd line isn't working and something needs to change so we can get into the top 6.

Perhaps the midfield is the reason? Perhaps not. Not sure.

Also, just because we signed up King to a megadeal it doesn't mean he'll be with us till 2032.

If we end up with Pick 9 aswell then I'd be definitely taking Armstrong. Can't rely on Max King to stay fit and healthy and lead for the ball and not get pushed of the ball.

So Armstrong + 2 mids for me (1 of them being Xavier Lindsay) and the other I'm not sure.
Take your king potshots to the right thread bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is the mentality we are dealing with when discussing trades with the Injector Einstein's. Would rather lose a first round draft pick than trade.

They wonder why they haven't won a final in two decades.

View attachment 2136010
They were, are, and will forever remain, unrelieved scum that deserve to be wiped off the planet for the betterment of the species.

Root and branch.

Premiership window you need to be top 6 for defence and offence.

We'll always be top 6 defence in a Lyon coached team.

Fwd line isn't working and something needs to change so we can get into the top 6.

Perhaps the midfield is the reason? Perhaps not. Not sure.

Also, just because we signed up King to a megadeal it doesn't mean he'll be with us till 2032.

Forward line isn't working? WTF? Didn't you see the last 2 months of the season? It was not the forward line but the midfield. Once Jones Clark and Dow actually got some blocks of games, the only team to get a hold of us was Brisbane, we won six out of 8 including Sydney, Geelong, Carlton and got beaten by Port by 2 points (right at the start of that 8 game block.)

We regularly scored in excess of 100 points. All this once our best midfield was available (a midfield in the bottom 6 in the league even at full strength).

Absolutely we need to improve our midfield, we have some soldiers, a better than average in Steele, a couple of kids in Windy, Wilson and Pou, and a past it AA being traded in.

So yes lets go and get forwards. And have no idea what king has to do with anything except he is a 50 goal a year player just about to come into his prime.

If we get pick 9. Would we be against taking trainor? Or are we a bit worried about his concussion issues
How many concussions has Trainor had? I've only seen confirmation of the one.

We're all obviously still burnt from Paddy, but in reality there would have been heaps of players in the past that got a concussion during their junior career that wouldn't have been picked up on due to there being less awareness of it that went onto having long careers.

If he's had a few, particularly close together I would be hesitant.

If he's had issues which have lasted an extended period of time after the concussion I would pass.

If we get pick 9. Would we be against taking trainor? Or are we a bit worried about his concussion issues

That’s the thing with these forums and these threads.

Most of us now know that Trainor has had some concussion issues. We’ve read about it and/or heard about it.

But none of us really know the details of those concussions (number, causes, severity, future risks etc).

Fortunately those who need to make important decisions for our club will be all over it.

I can't imagine you are allowed to dump your next pick after a bid comes in.
If that was the case why would any club trade out of the first round before a bid comes in, it simply makes no sense.
There will always be someone willing to take a first-round pick so trading it out wouldn't be difficult on the night.

I personally think we should offer our F1 to Freo for 10.
Forget Essendon Freo need future FRDPs to go after Warner they would probably do a straight swap.

As Cal Twomey said on Gettable today, if the Bolton deal doesn’t go through then Freo’s pick 11 is very much up for grabs.

We should make a play for it.

That might make the Bombers twitch a bit if there is competition in the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're all obviously still burnt from Paddy, but in reality there would have been heaps of players in the past that got a concussion during their junior career that wouldn't have been picked up on due to there being less awareness of it that went onto having long careers.

If he's had issues which have lasted an extended period of time after the concussion I would pass.
I might be making this up but I think I heard somewhere it’s at least his 3rd. Had one earlier in the year? and one last year?

It’s definitely not his first, and it’s definitely an issue since it ruled him out for several weeks

Two this year.

I can't recall a club ever trading a pick out while they are on the clock to match a bid.

Clubs who have been in the same situation that Essendon now find themselves in have moved their 1st rounder on well in advance of the draft. This is probably because being on the clock & trying to do a pick swap throws the bargaining power firmly in the hands of the other club.

And you also have the potential of the deal falling over & time running out to make the matching decision.

Too many variables for a club to risk not getting a deal done.
It happened with our very own Liam Henry. But iirc they did change it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back