List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You say Cole is a long shot, what other key defenders are you taking?

Tauru is the only one I’d consider but he’s more a third tall and he’ll probably be gone before our picks anyway

Surely we don’t want another concussion-prone player in Trainor

All the other key defenders are in the second round; Whitlock, O’Farrell, Mraz etc

Cal Twomey rates Cole around 40, which will be the second round this year
I said if we get pick 9, I'd want all three going on mids.

If we don't get pick 9, our next pick would be current 27. So those defenders who are valued around the second round pick sounds about right.

I like it, quite different to the template. I think Ough is a bit high especially if we take Smillie

Mine is:

1. FOS (RICH)
2. Ashcroft (BRIS)
3. Lalor (RICH)
4. Draper (WCE)
5. Jagga (ADEL)
6. Reid/Armstrong (MELB)
7. Tauru (NM)
8. Lombard (GC)
9. Smillie (STK)
10. Kako (ESS)
11. Langford/Lindsay (STK)
12. Travaglia (STK)
Semantics for what you are trying to show.

But Kako would come before any of our picks.

I still think we can work out a 2 or 3 part trade with Essendon and GWS.

I can't be bothered working out the specifics. But the trades would involve pick 9, our F1, Shiel & Stringer (to GWS), 15, 16 after Kako bid and late picks for our academy/fs boys.

Obviously a bit to nut out there, but the 3 clubs have enough going on between each other to make these trades work.
Saint-Sheil is back on :cool:

I suppose it depends on where they see Hammer playing down the track. If he's a long-term defender, then Armstrong is well worth a look. If he's forward then Tauru has to be considered.

If we snag the 3 early picks then you'd think that a tall definitely comes into play.
I would have thought if they're going for a key they'd go for a key back with the loss of Battle and Wilkie getting on.
I'd prefer they just draft fast mids with good cp numbers. They won't all work out and we need to draft a mid star which has eluded us for a while. Steele is good but he's not a Bont, LDU, Cripps. Rozze. And we can't rely on FA either. If we're to compete with Bri we need to draft A grade mids.

I think the dogs are in a bit of a pickle.
They can either get the better pick on offer (25) from the Roos for Daniel and keep Macrae on his 800k p.a or trade him and his salary out to us for a lesser pick (45ish)
I don’t think they want to lose both otherwise their depth is cooked.

Interesting to see which they value more; the higher pick or removing the high salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hayes is on the move which seems likely at this point I can see Membrey staying on. We need the depth even if he isnt promised to play many games and Id rather keep a clubman like Membrey.

If we end up with Pick 9 aswell then I'd be definitely taking Armstrong. Can't rely on Max King to stay fit and healthy and lead for the ball and not get pushed of the ball.

So Armstrong + 2 mids for me (1 of them being Xavier Lindsay) and the other I'm not sure.

If we end up with Pick 9 aswell then I'd be definitely taking Armstrong. Can't rely on Max King to stay fit and healthy and lead for the ball and not get pushed of the ball.

So Armstrong + 2 mids for me (1 of them being Xavier Lindsay) and the other I'm not sure.
Then keep Membrey. Armstrong and Sharman isn’t a very optimal combo imo

Apologies..didnt realise he was a DFA
Go Away GIF

Then keep Membrey. Armstrong and Sharman isn’t a very optimal combo imo
Membrey is nearing the end and we aren't contending for a flag in the next 2 years.

I think that in Ross Lyon's gameplan, any forward that can stay on the move, lead, push up to the wings and back, has a role to play. I see similarities between Armstrong and Jeremy Cameron. Or he might be the next Spencer White :laughing:

Membrey is nearing the end and we aren't contending for a flag in the next 2 years.

I think that in Ross Lyon's gameplan, any forward that can stay on the move, lead, push up to the wings and back, has a role to play. I see similarities between Armstrong and Jeremy Cameron. Or he might be the next Spencer White :laughing:
You want a backup forward to King

Is it worth using a top 10 pick for this over getting top end midfield talent, which is our biggest issue?

I’m fine with using a second rounder to address the issue, there’s plenty of key forwards in that range ie. Faull, Sims, Gerreyn and even Stumpf who’s pushing up draft boards

Just don’t think a backup key forward is worth that level of expense

Is it worth using a top 10 pick for this over getting top end midfield talent, which is our biggest issue?

I’m fine with using a second rounder to address the issue, there’s plenty of key forwards in that range ie. Faull, Sims, Gerreyn and even Stumpf who’s pushing up draft boards

Why do we need a forward?
King
Sharman
Caminiti
Owens
Higgins
Butler
Marshall going forward (Soldo ruck)
Mids going forward etc

We have needed mids for a decade, are we going down the wrong path again? Don't think so, listen to Lyon all through the season.

If we had 7 8 9 and took 2 mids.

I would 100% take a tall. Be it Tauru or Armstrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back