List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

So are we saying it wasn't discussed back January that we wanted to get back into the top end of this draft and SOS & Gubby decided it would be Battle that would be used for this, well before the season had even started

Is the reason Battle changed his mind after the Pies game that he and his management found out/got pissed when they got wind of what was going on, maybe the same reason Steele is pissed because the 2 incompetent fools that are SOS & Gubby tried to flog off the Captain of the club without even speaking to him ?

If Battle leaves for anything less then pick 7 the fools from list management should be marched out the front door

So everyone blaming Battle or wondering why he is leaving there is always 2 sides of a story

Gubby is a dinosaur and SOS seems to upset every place he works

this sums up my worry.

i got worried at the start of the season when Stav was very quick to mention we could have multiple picks in the first round if we let battle go to FA. i remember thinking "wtf why would battle leave". it makes sense now.

i think it's pretty ****ing clear the club has seen Battle as an important piece in their list strategy. not because they want to keep him, because they think its an avenue to the first round. its extremely short sighted. its lazy list management tbh.

what i find disappointing is they're hiding away from this. just own it, if thats the list strategy. don't claim its about money and theyve done everything in their power to retain him. own the list strategy. own the decision. instead they'll hide behind the ambiguity. let the bloke go. then when it all goes **** up, claims it was never their fault.

if we do not become competitive soon, Battle won't be the only one leaving in the current climate. Look at Barrass, he's a ****in leader at WCE and he's not sticking around for their rebuild.

gringo2011 has been saying for months Battle was being pushed and I kept disagreeing with him saying he was being provocative and had an agenda etc.
If what Mowman says is correct, and I know he has had info on Battle before, so I wouldn't doubt his word, I owe gringo2011 an apology.

You were correct all this time. First time for everything ;)

Nothing more needs to be posted on this.

Many on here who have differing views on many things all agree
1. We wanted to keep Josh
2. If he left band 1 would at least make it palatable
3. Anything other than band 1 is a disaster and huge incompetence and if what you posted earlier is true both Gubby and SoS can eff off to somewhere else.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

i strongly disagree on point 1. its very clear now they never wanted to keep him as long as it got them band 1.

but we'll all hide behind it being a financial decision for Josh because then there's no need to take responsibility for anything.

gringo2011 has been saying for months Battle was being pushed and I kept disagreeing with him saying he was being provocative and had an agenda etc.
If what Mowman says is correct, and I know he has had info on Battle before, so I wouldn't doubt his word, I owe gringo2011 an apology.

You were correct all this time. First time for everything ;)
Worth pointing out is also exactly what Stavs saying he’s just trying to sugarcoat it that the club wasn’t pushing him out.

Everyone is agreeing on what happened and how, Stavs just doing his usual shil shit.

So are we saying it wasn't discussed back January that we wanted to get back into the top end of this draft and SOS & Gubby decided it would be Battle that would be used for this, well before the season had even started

Is the reason Battle changed his mind after the Pies game that he and his management found out/got pissed when they got wind of what was going on, maybe the same reason Steele is pissed because the 2 incompetent fools that are SOS & Gubby tried to flog off the Captain of the club without even speaking to him ?

If Battle leaves for anything less then pick 7 the fools from list management should be marched out the front door

So everyone blaming Battle or wondering why he is leaving there is always 2 sides of a story

Gubby is a dinosaur and SOS seems to upset every place he works

Welcome back Mowman, though shit news you bring.

I can only hope we haven't shot ourselves in the foot. Thought there seems to be some similarities between this year and the move over a decade ago to let Bj walk. I hope it's not a case of us thinking we are smarter than we are.

I'm sure he will regret it like Ben McEvoy does. He has a better chance of playing in a premiership at the hawks don't you think?

I still can't believe we lost Ben to the Hawks. A future captain.
That was a shocker kyrgios.

One of our gold plated F ups losing "big boy"

this sums up my worry.

i got worried at the start of the season when Stav was very quick to mention we could have multiple picks in the first round if we let battle go to FA. i remember thinking "wtf why would battle leave". it makes sense now.

i think it's pretty ****ing clear the club has seen Battle as an important piece in their list strategy. not because they want to keep him, because they think its an avenue to the first round. its extremely short sighted. its lazy list management tbh.

what i find disappointing is they're hiding away from this. just own it, if thats the list strategy. don't claim its about money and theyve done everything in their power to retain him. own the list strategy. own the decision. instead they'll hide behind the ambiguity. let the bloke go. then when it all goes **** up, claims it was never their fault.

if we do not become competitive soon, Battle won't be the only one leaving in the current climate. Look at Barrass, he's a ****in leader at WCE and he's not sticking around for their rebuild.

Feel there is something more to it. Feel like Lyon was extremely keen to keep Battle. Maybe once he found out he had been shopped, a good offer was then made directed by him (a very good offer was put to him by Round 2).
Seems trust in the club (not Lyon whom he has a very good relationship) has been broken.

We dont get band 1, heads should roll. Starting with the List Manager and his old mate.

I’m not a mod but **** I’m a tough campaigner.
Come on boys back off a bit.

This thread is to discuss Trades. Please refrain from off-topic banter in this thread, and remember that personal attacks are not acceptable here or anywhere else. Temporary reply bans will be applied.

i strongly disagree on point 1. its very clear now they never wanted to keep him as long as it got them band 1.

but we'll all hide behind it being a financial decision for Josh because then there's no need to take responsibility for anything.
We, as in the posters here on bigfooty, not the club.

Maybe I should get off for a while, seems my posts are more confusing than usual :D

Why are you so desperate for ITK status lol

Literally anyone could say "Back in December I told you player x would be shopped"

No one is going to fact check it, no one cares and on top of that, it's just 100% BS
It was a private conversation that Mowman referenced- I just gave clarity

The problem we have with Battle is we want to have our cake and eat it too.

On one hand we say he isn't worth a band one contract.

On the other we demand band one compensation.

If we thought he was worth band one compensation we should have offered a band one contract from the start.
spot on, that's before you look at the massive list management hole its going to create.

its terrible list management

Feel there is something more to it. Feel like Lyon was extremely keen to keep Battle. Maybe once he found out he had been shopped, a good offer was then made directed by him (a very good offer was put to him by Round 2).
Seems trust in the club (not Lyon whom he has a very good relationship) has been broken.

We dont get band 1, heads should roll. Starting with the List Manager and his old mate.

i think Ross is knee deep into any list management decisions. he's effectively running the entire football program. the CEO is only involved in the business side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now also this purely hypothetical. If we say the Saints do get Pick 6, or 7 as compo.

Do we send that to the Roos with Dougal. And try to get LDU? If he hasn't signed with them yet! They need defenders we need elite Mids.

Now before everyone goes in to melt down saying that we will have no defence. That's Lyon's specialty, system over personal.

Arie will be ready to go Rd 1 next year, showed plenty when he played. Gone back to the 2s to work on a few things.

Let's not worry about what we can't control, let's worry about what we can!

Now also this purely hypothetical. If we say the Saints do get Pick 6, or 7 as compo.

Do we send that to the Roos with Dougal. And try to get LDU? If he hasn't signed with them yet! They need defenders we need elite Mids.
I wouldn't think so. If we have 6 and 7 we should go for the best available mids in the draft.

During the trade period, zero in on a Macrae, an Parker or (swallows sick in back of throat) Sheil (ugh).
We cover the kids with experienced mids as the likes of Pou, Windy, Wilson etc get better and we blood the two young midfielders.
One LDU for 6,7 and Howard is way way too much for not enough. I dont want to lose Howard after we lose Battle.
Effectively we lose Battle, Howard and our first for LDU.

We will get band 1 for Battle

Peatling, Shiel & Tomlinson should be in StKilda colours next yr

Tomlinson is insurance for losing Battle & allow others to continue to develop… plus he wants out as he and Steven May absolutely despise each other

Peace out ✌🏼

Tomlinson is insurance for losing Battle & allow others to continue to develop… plus he wants out as he and Steven May absolutely despise each other

Peace out ✌🏼
Thanks
**** Tassie 😉

I’m not a mod but **** I’m a tough campaigner.
Come on boys back off a bit.

This thread is to discuss Trades. Please refrain from off-topic banter in this thread, and remember that personal attacks are not acceptable here or anywhere else. Temporary reply bans will be applied.
Who are you directing that at?

I wouldn't think so. If we have 6 and 7 we should go for the best available mids in the draft.

During the trade period, zero in on a Macrae, an Parker or (swallows sick in back of throat) Sheil (ugh).
We cover the kids with experienced mids as the likes of Pou, Windy, Wilson etc get better and we blood the two young midfielders.
One LDU for 6,7 and Howard is way way too much for not enough. I dont want to lose Howard after we lose Battle.
Effectively we lose Battle, Howard and our first for LDU.
LDU is a jet, exactly what we need. Other clubs have given up more for players of less ability then LDU. I would like to think we also get back a 2nd rounder as well!

Peace out ✌🏼

Makes more sense. Add Sheil for a couple of years to fill the Crouch role, Peatling another ready to go mid, and Tomlinson to fill the Battle role until Shoenmaker, Van Es or Cole are ready. Take 4 kids (2 first round picks) at the draft, plus the NGA's and Peckett and the list suddenly has some midfield talent to drive us forward. If we bring in Peatling, Olli Hotton might be in trouble to retain his spot on the list though.

Steven May seems to have issues with a lot of his team mates he must be a complete spanker. I played with his dad in Darwin and he was a quiet lovely bloke, but he did get the old white line fever when he played though.

Haha 😜 yeah not totally directed at you bull. I can see where you’re coming from. Calm down please.
I’ve been called a spineless campaigner, stupid moron amongst other stuff but sure, I’ll calm down shall I?

I dont personally like it but yeh, if weve done it and we get the outcome so be it.

My issue is Stav fluffing the club up as some beacon of righteousness that we absolutely DIDNT push him out when by his own admission we planned this in ****ing December.

Just as I have been chair at a club before, this is not a general indication of a push, as in plan =/=push. Granted we didn't have the whole free agency stuff but it was more "yeah soz mate more money over there" sort of off seasons but you know...

If you know player A is 'thinking about it" and you've allocated B-G, yo would be utterly remiss to go "yeah no need to do anything about that until later" and then potentially watch them go "thanks but no thanks". That's shit business. You make plans and you have discussions that "here's where we sit, happy to chat about things, just you know just as you can't wait forever neither can we" and plan potential things.

When you're talking much much larger money frankly, there's just more i's to dot and t's to cross in the when, what and how. So a push to me would be "hey Batts, we previously had 800k, we now decided on 550 as you're wishy washy and lost directors 3-5, kindly tell us if you wish to take it or GTFO please."

You know, frank discussion of terms and where one stands.

You I would think. And Stav and anyone else having a personal insult party. It adds sfa to the forum. As someone else posted, we have a mod dishing out personal attacks and back and forth personal jibes. FFS give it a rest
Report anything you don’t like.

I’m not dishing out personal attacks I’m discussing the battle situation and pointing out hypocrisy.

If the boards moderators have issue with it I’ll accept their decision.

Just as I have been chair at a club before, this is not a general indication of a push, as in plan =/=push. Granted we didn't have the whole free agency stuff but it was more "yeah soz mate more money over there" sort of off seasons but you know...

If you know player A is 'thinking about it" and you've allocated B-G, yo would be utterly remiss to go "yeah no need to do anything about that until later" and then potentially watch them go "thanks but no thanks". That's shit business. You make plans and you have discussions that "here's where we sit, happy to chat about things, just you know just as you can't wait forever neither can we" and plan potential things.

When you're talking much much larger money frankly, there's just more i's to dot and t's to cross in the when, what and how. So a push to me would be "hey Batts, we previously had 800k, we now decided on 550 as you're wishy washy and lost directors 3-5, kindly tell us if you wish to take it or GTFO please."

You know, frank discussion of terms and where one stands.
What you’ve just described isn’t at all what Mow and Stav are saying happened though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back