List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been completely out manoeuvred this trade period.

Hope the ‘culture building’ win against Carlton was worth it - it’s now cost us 5, 6 and 9 in a super draft.

Melbourne have successfully broken their drought, tanked again, scooped up our picks and will bounce making us and Essendon look like fools. All while Clayton Oliver is at the Pokies.

Calm down champ, no trades have gone through yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For the record my deceased brain stands by the fact that hypothetically speaking our F1 + 27 was the best deal for Essendon, I just didn't consider both that Essendon would think that poorly of Melbourne's chances in 2025 and that Melbourne would part with pick 40 as well
Seems overs but it is two teams that are in a bind.

1. Essendon let that monumental muppet have his hail mary and select duds at a huge draft cost leaving them bare this year. They had to trade their only capital to get their NGA and salvage a F1 in a hugely compromised draft next year
2. Melbourne are threadbare on mids, Petracca may not come back as dynamic as before, and Oliver is a millstone around their necks. they will draft mids with 5 and 9. We will be keeping that in mind if we decide to go back to 13 and will have to be very much in our favour.
3. #13 dont know. We aren't desperate, Pies are, North possibly more desperate and with Melbourne almost certain to select two mids with 5 and 9, we will really need a good deal as we dont want to go back and miss the two we want at 7 & 8. So I dont know if we do this.
4. I would be looking at Richmond and WCE more with the Baker deal as some one on twitter posted earlier.

We have been completely out manoeuvred this trade period.

Hope the ‘culture building’ win against Carlton was worth it - it’s now cost us 5, 6 and 9 in a super draft.

Melbourne have successfully broken their drought, tanked again, scooped up our picks and will bounce making us and Essendon look like fools. All while Clayton Oliver is at the Pokies.
Melbourne just gave up a ton for pick 9. We have 7 and 8 and still have a future 1st.

As has been said we should be holding all the cards in this pick swap. It shouldn’t be a fair deal it should be massively weighted to our advantage or no deal.
We don’t need it to be fair though.
If teams are after our picks to unlock deals, has to be in our favour.
We have 2 top ten picks, don’t need it to be fair.
Yes. This.
Everyday and twice on Sundays.

I get stuck at the in laws for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon and trade period blows up.

So I've caught up...

Melbourne just find a way when it comes to pick swaps, the extras they offered was something we didn't have to offer unfortunately. I saw those late picks last week and thought they'd go to Suns or Lions for points, shame they went for 9.

So did North actually offer F1 for Pick 9? I'm sending pick 8 onwards for that F1.

I'm not sure how we get involved with a trade with West Coast. Pick 3, 7 and a later first/early second by the end of the trade period would be a dream result. How does it happen? 8, F1? 8 for North's F1, ontraded with our F1 for 3 & a teens pick?

Not getting Soldo was no doubt two part, both cost and injury concerns no doubt. I always felt the cost would have to be overs, glad we've pulled out.

To keep 7, 8 & 27 with Macrae wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd be lying if I said I'm comfortable with missing a chance at moving up for these guys who we've been obsessed about for months on end.

Not interested in fake culture wins. Premierships are what matter, ask Melbourne who have won one on the back of high end picks while we have been ‘building culture’.

Threatening the bid at 5 + late picks is what got it done, not really worried about giving up future 2nds/3rds on the off chance they might become a good player in a compromised draft.

We are operating arrogant not willing to budge on deals. Great way to stay stuck in irrelevancy.

We should have 5, 6 and 9 this year and we don’t because we aren’t willing to make the tough calls instead we’d rather instant gratification.

Cue the ‘deary me’s

Put the devils elbow down mate, you’re off ya head.

Not interested in fake culture wins. Premierships are what matter, ask Melbourne who have won one on the back of high end picks while we have been ‘building culture’.

Threatening the bid at 5 + late picks is what got it done, not really worried about giving up future 2nds/3rds on the off chance they might become a good player in a compromised draft.

We are operating arrogant not willing to budge on deals. Great way to stay stuck in irrelevancy.

We should have 5, 6 and 9 this year and we don’t because we aren’t willing to make the tough calls instead we’d rather instant gratification.

Cue the ‘deary me’s

Oh Calsher dear

Are we targetting GCs 13 so we can include that in a deal with WC?

Maybe

Stk Out: 8, F1

Stk In: 3, GC F3 (for Macroix)

WC Out: 3, F2

WC In: 8, 13

GC Out: 13, F3

GC In: Stk F1, WC F2

Seems to maybe favour WC? Dunno. I personally would love for us to have a shot at the top 3. Draper/Lalor and Smilie/Langford would see me cream my jeans. **** next year's draft, get the talent as early as you can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect it means Morris is full of shit. He didn’t fully think through this made up story.
Wouldn’t be the first time either.

Has Roma been traded out yet? 🙄

I think people are underestimating the severity of trading a future 1st away. We have a strong hand already and if bomb out next year and had of traded that pick we would be ****ed. Strong draft yes but not necessarily worth it.
If we bomb out next year, things are far more dire than not having a first round pick

I think people are underestimating the severity of trading a future 1st away. We have a strong hand already and if bomb out next year and had of traded that pick we would be ****ed. Strong draft yes but not necessarily worth it.
Still think we are chance of trading our future 1st out for more picks this year

Melbourne will get back into next years first round when they trade a junkie to Geelong.

St Kilda exploiting Wester Bulldogs’ salary crunch over Jack Macrae, cool interest in Ivan Soldo​

The Western Bulldogs need Jack Macrae’s salary off their book, and St Kilda knows it. JON RALPH unpacks how they could exploit it, plus why the Saints have pulled the pin on Ivan Soldo.
Jon RalphJon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

2 min read
October 13, 2024 - 3:15PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/kzdZb#share-tools
3c77605609827c3ae81713a36b4bdd022220fe2f.jpg

AFL: Leigh Montagna breaks down St Kilda's chase of Jack Macrae, and why a Blue could be a better option.
St Kilda will hope the Western Bulldogs’ desperation to get Jackson Macrae’s salary off their books will see them accepting a late future pick as the Saints cool their interest on ruckman Ivan Soldo.
Triple All Australian Macrae finished only 20th in the Western Bulldogs best-and-fairest after being handed the subs vest four times and is due a significant wage above $800,000 for the next two years of a contract with three seasons remaining.
The Bulldogs are bemused that it took over three weeks for the Saints to make any contact about Macrae after he declared his interest to move from Whitten Oval to Moorabbin.
Jack Macrae. Photo by Michael Klein

Jack Macrae. Photo by Michael Klein
But the Saints have a walkaway point in the potential trade, simply unwilling to impact a 2024 draft hand that is currently at picks seven, eight, 27 and 47.
They are hoping the Dogs will accept a future third or fourth-rounder for the 30-year-old who they pushed to high half forward for much of the year when he was in the senior side.
Given he is due over $2 million in salary obligations, the Saints are happy to absorb that salary but unwilling to give up a pick of any substance.
They will make their midfield a priority with picks seven and eight so are keen on Macrae as midfield depth but not at the expense of their draft hand
Remember when we gave them Bruce, swings and roundabouts

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back