List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we targetting GCs 13 so we can include that in a deal with WC?

Maybe

Stk Out: 8, F1

Stk In: 3, GC F3 (for Macroix)

WC Out: 3, F2

WC In: 8, 13

GC Out: 13, F3

GC In: Stk F1, WC F2

Seems to maybe favour WC? Dunno. I personally would love for us to have a shot at the top 3. Draper/Lalor and Smilie/Langford would see me cream my jeans. **** next year's draft, get the talent as early as you can
According to that list, Saints would have 3 & 7, WC 8 & 13. Definately, we would be the winner in this draft, which is a strong one. It's the F1 for next year which lessons it, in a weaker draft though. Yeah tough one to call.

Not interested in fake culture wins. Premierships are what matter, ask Melbourne who have won one on the back of high end picks while we have been ‘building culture’.

Threatening the bid at 5 + late picks is what got it done, not really worried about giving up future 2nds/3rds on the off chance they might become a good player in a compromised draft.

We are operating arrogant not willing to budge on deals. Great way to stay stuck in irrelevancy.

We should have 5, 6 and 9 this year and we don’t because we aren’t willing to make the tough calls instead we’d rather instant gratification.

Cue the ‘deary me’s

Everyone knows I tend to lean towards pessimistic views when it comes to us. But let's see what all of the other deals bring us and others.

I desperately wanted pick 9, but Melbourne had more to give to a team with an Academy player. I'm sure we tried but Melbourne trumped us. They seem to get themselves in good positions to so pick swaps, it's very annoying. Dees with 5 & 9 after a recent flag annoys me, I used to take pleasure in the fact they had a longer drought than us - now they just annoy me.

Anyway, point is, the off-season isn't over yet, hopefully we can somehow use our F1 & 27 to move 8 up into the top 3 with a teens pick for change.

Be this angry if we stuff it up in the end, but not yet.

According to that list, Saints would have 3 & 7, WC 8 & 13. Definately, we would be the winner in this draft, which is a strong one. It's the F1 for next year which lessons it, in a weaker draft though. Yeah tough one to call.
So we paid a future first and second and we don’t gain any extra picks but improve 8 to 3?

We would need something back.

Maybe

Seems to maybe favour WC? Dunno. I personally would love for us to have a shot at the top 3. Draper/Lalor and Smilie/Langford would see me cream my jeans. **** next year's draft, get the talent as early as you can

Dear God. I hope we aren’t doing that. Absolutely diabolical.

Effectively, in net terms, burning a future first for a 5 pick upgrade this year. The future third from Gold Coast (in a compromised draft) is a junk pick.

As far as DVI points are concerned (which can be a fraught metric) this year we are trading-out 2,763 points (giving up the 13 from GC) and trading-in 2,234 points. We lose big time there.

We need to increase our access to first round picks. Not fritter them away.

West Coast are the distressed seller. Let them pay the price rather than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if we are interested in 3 and 13, is there anyway we turn 7 and 8 into 3 and 13 and is it worth it?

Or is 13 being brought in to help pay for pick 3?
I think most clubs chasing pick 13 (and other first rounders this year) is because next years draft is inferior and heavily compromised. It makes sense to move next years premium picks to this year. Hopefully we have an open mind and are also considering using 13, if we get it, to move up the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an afternoon of news

1. Glad we arent pursuing Soldo anymore. The price was too high, especially with any doubts over that knee. No idea what we are going to do for ruck back-up now but thats better than being locked into 3 years with Soldo.

2. Dogs will eventually give out on Macrae. They dont want to pay that contract even if they say they will. If not, again, we have to just walk away and find Steele help elsewhere.

3. I will vomit if it's 7+8 for 3. Take the 2 top 10 picks and get two guns.

4. The other pick swaps being discussed seem fine but I'm okay with us just being conservative, taking our already strong hand to the draft and then having a first rounder next year. Some of these swaps suggestions sound like trades for the sake of it instead of things in our best interest.

Yeah well, his list states we will get an F3 in the deal?
It’s very different to trade a future first in to this draft and get yourself an additional pick - even if you need a second rounder.

So like they hypothetical 7,8,9 deal.

3 and 13 and having used 7,8,F1,F2 is ****ing horrific

Maybe

We'd need more back than F3. 8 & F1 for 3 and a late first/early second then we are in business

Nah in that hypothetical West Coast supply the F2. We also gain Gold Coasts F3
My point still stands.

7,8,F1 are all gone and we have 3 and 13.

That’s a horrible deal. We haven’t created an additional pick. There isn’t a clear tier between group of prospects in the top 8 where we are currently placed.

Dogs will be holding out on the Macrae deal until Smith is over the line in a deal that is his actual worth and not the fumes Geelong has been offering so far.

They know that Macrae is worth the third rounder and will absolutely want his entire 800k a year off the books pronto but they need to show not to be pushovers for their more important deals.

Relax peeps.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back