List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae three to run and they seem to want to keep him.

Bruce was out the door and we needed to get 5 in the door.

We got 32 and 51 for Bruce

32 for Jones and 76

51 on Byrnes

32 and 51 for Bruce is better than what we are offering for Macrae
Bruce at that stage was moe valuable than Macrae now, given the circumstances, not kore valuable to us but more valuable in general. We all know key fwds don't grow on trees. Bruce was kicking bags even with crap delivery and a poor saints team. If he was in his peak now at the saints he would have kicked 60 last year

I would absolutely do a trade where we traded out 8, 27 and F1 and traded-in 3 and 20.

Effective paying a F1 for jumping from 8 to 3 and 27 to 20.

It gives us a draft hand of 3, 7, 20 and 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All good this year, but may have regrets next year . It sux paying the credit card back after quick trip to bali

Bruce at that stage was moe valuable than Macrae now, given the circumstances, not kore valuable to us but more valuable in general. We all know key fwds don't grow on trees. Bruce was kicking bags even with crap delivery and a poor saints team. If he was in his peak now at the saints he would have kicked 60 last year
He is retired and we still get good football our of Jones and Byrne. We won that trade IMO

Macrae three to run and they seem to want to keep him.

Bruce was out the door and we needed to get 5 in the door.

We got 32 and 51 for Bruce

32 for Jones and 76

51 on Byrnes

32 and 51 for Bruce is better than what we are offering for Macrae
A 27 year old key they were desperate for and offered 3 years on good money it was well below market. I can still remember David king having a field day with what a steal it was for the dogs.

I’m just not that excited by McRae to be honest, I really can’t see how he’s worth more than we’ve offered. Pick 27 on the other hand should with any luck land us a very good young player. I’m firmly in the camp of just sit tight and take our first 3 picks to the draft, grab our academy boys and peckett and walk away with a smile on our faces.

Too many people watching draft day on foxtel and getting worked up 🤣🤣.

are we facilitating this or

Apparently we have picks that can potentially break the deadlock for Tigers and Eagles. It has been reported we have been approached to be a third party.

Tigers and Eagles also have picks that we may have an eye on. And we seem prepared to trade-out our F1 and Tigers are looking to move some of this year’s picks into next year (to spread the risk).

If we are involved to help both clubs broker a deal then we are entitled to get a good deal that suits us. After all, we are helping them.

Apparently we have picks that can potentially break the deadlock for Tigers and Eagles. It has been reported we have been approached to be a third party.

Tigers and Eagles also have picks that we may have an eye on. And we seem prepared to trade-out our F1 and Tigers are looking to move some of this year’s picks into next year (to spread the risk).

If we are involved to help both clubs broker a deal then we are entitled to get a good deal that suits us. After all, we are helping them.

Give: 8, F1, F2/27
Get: 3, 20

?

Draft night: 3, 7, 20

3 - Sam Lalor / Finn O'Sullivan / Jagga Smith / Sid Draper
7 - Josh Smillie (Lock it in regardless of trades)
20 - Xavier Lindsay / Matt Whitlock / Alex Dodson / Jobe Shanahan (so many options at this pick that won't be there at 27)

Last edited:
All good this year, but may have regrets next year . It sux paying the credit card back after quick trip to bali

Next year’s draft is highly compromised. Full of Academy and F/S bids in the top end of the draft.

Bring forward an early pick from next year. We will also have future picks for 2026 and 2027 from next year if we need them for next year.

C'mon #3!

Part of the appeal of trading out our futures for pick 9 this year, was for the added power of having 7,8,9 in a group.

Not sure how I feel about doing the same for a lesser pick like 13.

As it stands, I think I’m still happy with 7,8,27, and keeping our futures.

Only pick 3 (whilst retaining 7) would be fascinating. But there just seems too much yet to happen across the landscape to really get an idea of what’s plausible rn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laura Kane, the AFL and North Melbourne need to be investigated if the proposed deal goes through. You can't be getting compensation for being a basket case over multiple years and then show complete incompetence and negligence in trading away your first round draft picks.
I reckon good on them. They've been down the bottom for long enough, they are trading out of a putrid draft into a very strong one.

The future pick will likely be lower than thirteen but I doubt it will be pick one and every pick after that will slide down the order dramatically.

Back yourself to improve and get a kid in 12 months earlier.

Give: 8, F1, F2/27
Get: 3, 20

?

Draft night: 3, 7, 20
Losing that F1 makes me very uncomfortable. Look at how much trouble Collingwood are having with Houston without a first rounder & the price teams are paying to trade back in. We say we'll just use futures for Callaghan, but 2027 futures are compromised by Tassie and clubs (e.g. Port) want picks now not later.

This is essentially saying (for example's sake) Lindsay + F1 for Smith. Or Travaglia + F1 for Draper, or whatever example you want to use. Is the gap clearly that big? To FOS/Lalor maybe yes but every chance they go 1/2

Last edited:

I'm afraid Richmond are wanting pick 3 and West Coast want to remain in the top 10 (so get our pick 8), if so we'd get a future 1st and a couple of picks in the 20's.
Maybe when the Bolton deal goes through some different options emerge.

Losing that F1 makes me very uncomfortable. Look at how much trouble Collingwood are having with Houston without a first rounder & the price teams are paying paying to trade back in. We say we'll just use futures for Callaghan, but 2027 futures are compromised by Tassie and clubs (e.g. Port) want picks now not later.

This is essentially saying (for example's sake) Lindsay + F1 for Smith. Or Travaglia + F1 for Draper, or whatever example you want to use. Is the gap clearly that big? To FOS/Lalor maybe yes but every chance they go 1/2
That's the only thing that worries me, bringing in recruits next year but if we can get a player to commit I'm sure we will fi d a way.

It's much more complicated with Collingwood as Houston has t committed to them.

Losing that F1 makes me very uncomfortable. Look at how much trouble Collingwood are having with Houston without a first rounder & the price teams are paying paying to trade back in. We say we'll just use futures for Callaghan, but 2027 futures are compromised by Tassie and clubs (e.g. Port) want picks now not later.

I think the tiers are:

1-2
3-7
8-15
16-25

Don't underestimate the jump from 27 to 20, there will be key players not available at 27 that will be at 20 like the Whitlock brothers and Alex Dodson all pretty handy for our list.

Geelong seem to bully clubs via the media into accepting whatever picks they have for players so we can try that out if needed. I also suspect there will be some players traded out next year that net us picks.

Id assume that's us out then.
Who would they want that would make them happy enough to trade out P3 for a range of other picks and player?
Actually it works in the 3 way trade between them us and Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back