List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Set out a very clear plan with time lines and honest conversations. If they have a plan tell the members. It’s hard to judge anything with no KPIs to measure them on. If we are fully rebuilding tell us and tell us why we should trust them. Let players go if you don’t have a vision that has finals in the next few years. It’s not fair on them. If we chase Shield or Parker but want to stay bottom 4 for 3 more years then they are morons. You play kids until they improve. It’s like they flip flop by the week depending on results. They want hope to sell memberships but want to cut hard at the same time by the look of it.
just wondering when the last time we were bottom 4? we are playing the kids

and winning.

the club came out in 2022 and said straight out the plan.

they haven't deviated from that plan. they are hitting the draft. they want three first round picks this year.

they can still top up with veterans to guide these kids though, otherwise we end up like Norf...

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

and winning.

they haven't deviated from that plan. they are hitting the draft. they want three first round picks this year.

they can still top up with veterans to guide these kids though, otherwise we end up like Norf...

What plan? Pick kids at the draft?

Because we were at the bottom of a rebuild buying players with draft capital. LDU is young enough to be around for 7+ years and should instantly fix the midfield. If Pou and Steele hold up and a few others develop or improve we can start chasing guys like Battle again.

Hill was old enough for the same? I don't get the grimace about it. I agree we shoukd yet LDU, he would be perfect.

amd we weren't at the bottom, we had been finishing mid table and just missing finals for the previous 2 seasons. the thing is, though, the club has stated its objective in 2022...not 2019 when they went after those guys. you can't keep going back to that, you may as well use 1940s or
1920s as they have the same relevance

Set out a very clear plan with time lines and honest conversations. If they have a plan tell the members. It’s hard to judge anything with no KPIs to measure them on. If we are fully rebuilding tell us and tell us why we should trust them. Let players go if you don’t have a vision that has finals in the next few years. It’s not fair on them. If we chase Shield or Parker but want to stay bottom 4 for 3 more years then they are morons. You play kids until they improve. It’s like they flip flop by the week depending on results. They want hope to sell memberships but want to cut hard at the same time by the look of it.
And how does sny of that get access to the elite players the top 8 teams get in FS and NGA's.
They have said they want to hit the draft for 5 year and are 3 into it. They want it all done before Tassie comes in.
So how is this done with limitations imposed by the AFL so their booster clubs hoover up the good players? By getting high draft picks and what is our disposal, without the free handouts the AFL gives to others? By trading out players with currency.
I am not against this strategy, it has been forced on us, I am only against the execution.
It is obvious what they are doing. It is practical and based in the reality of the AFL and its corrupt regime.
The club gets pilloried for plans. The road to 2018 or 2020 or whatever it was. The current strategy is outlined, if you look it is obvious.
Up to you if you Luke it or not.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree he is not going any where, but what do the club see that we dont??? They want to give him a ridiculously long and large contract?

IMO Max is the most one dimensional full forward in the competition. He rarely leads up at the ball and when he does he is gassed, then if he doesnt mark the ball he is a liability. Ben does get up the field a bit more and leads more than Max, but both are useless at winning the ball other than marking contests. They are also both useless if a full back gets body on them before the contest, they dont have the body strength or aerobic fitness to get separation. Both are injury prone and IMO are the most over rated footballers in the competition.

As an example I watched the Whitlock's twins game last week. They are both tall gumby kids similiarly to the Kings at that age, but what they both possess is 2nd, 3rd & 4th efforts. They can win the ball off the ground and both can play multiple positions. Max would get lost if he was asked to play in any other position.

For the life of me I dont see how Max is remarkably going to turn things around, but we have no choice but to hope and pray things change.
I agree with this. Perhaps he turns into the dominant forward we’ve all been hoping for, but no way he’s earned a 6 or 7 year high figure contract

Hill was old enough for the same? I don't get the grimace about it. I agree we shoukd yet LDU, he would be perfect.

amd we weren't at the bottom, we had been finishing mid table and just missing finals for the previous 2 seasons. the thing is, though, the club has stated its objective in 2022...not 2019 when they went after those guys. you can't keep going back to that, you may as well use 1940s or
1920s as they have the same relevance

Yep outlined in 2022. We try for FA's or good players but miss out.
We have done well with players like Henry, Caminiti, Sharman and Wilkie, only Wilkie is AA and elite.
We have gone well at the draft since 2021
NWM
Owens
Windhager
Pou
Van Es
Hotton
Keeler
Wilson
Hastie
Garcia
Collard
Shoenmaker

So out of twelve Van Es (injured) Hotton ( injured) and Keeler have yet to get a seniors game and I still have hope for one maybe two of them.

The rest are looking likely seniors players.

Nail the draft with high picks next 2 that is 20 young players with maybe 15 senior players ( maybe more).

A great base to sustain high level competitiveness well into the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One could argue it worked for the Dees.

Went well till the party and gambling culture took over from the Coach on down. Well excepted for a few like Petracca that is.

They also got handouts & and AFL appointed CEO & got Roos who was being funded by head office.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

King I would trade for North's pick 2 if we could get it.
Literally why though. Key forwards are THAT hard to get. We can only get them from the draft because we aren't going to get any good free agents.

Any key forward thats good enough to get to free agency and be half decent ends up getting boatloads of cash. That's because they're so hard to find.

Think about how many early picks have been spent on big men that have just turned out to be duds that just dominated against the under agers because they were bigger than them.

Max has shown the ability to dominate games, kick bags, be one of the top contested marks in the comp & grew up going for the club.

He's had two injury riddled years. Give him a farking break.

How many times have clubs come out to sell “we are flag bound in x years” only to look stupid??
Just so some over depressed member starts to feel good about himself again?
Fck that
Just execute
No issue at all with moving on Battle IF we get band 1 and pick a top line mid
We’ve seen the footy they’ve played when we have a semi competitive midfield backhalf of the year - it’s a no brainer
Is Battle coming from a part of the ground we can possibly cover ? Of course he is he’s a 3rd tall defensive option
We need mids
Stop with the pipe dream “sell visions ….. talk LDU Into coming (he ain’t) the draft is where we will love and die
But I’d prefer the club have a go - than the lame shit we’ve done throughout Richo/Ratten years where we topped up…pretended we were finals ready (when we were nowhere near it).
Right now I’m more confident than ever the club know exactly where we are at
They also know they have no AFL freebies coming our way so these tough decisions are necessary
As Montagna pointed out recently - if you get band 1 for Battle….you do it
If we don’t … it’s a f k up
Got to be in it to win it
Lame “vision statements” won’t cut it

and winning.

Yup it’s pretty clear for some time for those that want see it

Just watching Brisbane V Essendon and if we are contemplating recruiting Sheil then we are the biggest mugs in the league. He is blatantly scared of contact and just totally ineffective with ball in hand. Surely we are joking?
Just read the Injectors gameday thread and they reckon he has been their best for the last month.
If that is their standard, no wondervthey haven't won a final in 7500 days.

He is the biggest squib I have seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back