List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah.
We're not total idiots.

If we have interest in signing him- it would clearly be as a salary dump where we get him and something good like a 2nd rounder in a deep draft etc.

That's the attraction presumably over him vs say parker (who may not be available to us in any event- so it's not like we'd be necessarily choosing shiel over parker)
Old mate Rors swung in with projections of Sheil, Peatling and Tomlinson.
As you say, Sheil would have to be a salary dump to make sense which offsets the moderate cost of Peatling whilst Tommo covers for Battle and comes for free.
The net long term gains from that scenario are the Battle compo and Peatling.
The short term losses are some spare salary cap and the output differential between Batts and Tommo.
Assumptions are that Ari takes Tommo's place within 2-3 seasons.

Similar to the Dow, Henry, Collard, V's Gresh, Billings, Coff scenario, it shows investment in the now, short term and long term futures albeit a bitter pill to swallow for supporters.

Maybe Rors was taking the piss, and it could still go **** up over the course of time. But at least they're trying.

Not only this ,but what is the cost going to be .I am sure Essendope are going to want our first rounder for him.
We have seen what it is like dealing with the injectors,just wasted time and energy that could be used more productively.
Surely even they aren’t that stupid. He’s 32, constantly injured and wouldn’t be worth a first on his form even at 25yo. They could pay the whole lot and I’d still pass.

Yeah.
We're not total idiots.

If we have interest in signing him- it would clearly be as a salary dump where we get him and something good like a 2nd rounder in a deep draft etc.

That's the attraction presumably over him vs say parker (who may not be available to us in any event- so it's not like we'd be necessarily choosing shiel over parker)
If they still have some buffer even after 2m on a few spuds last year, then they don’t need a salary dump. At least, that’s the way the media were talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re going to lose revenue when people give up because they feel like they were strung along.
I don't think the average supporter takes it that way. Most will stick fat though many may become ambivalent. Some will be as you say. Many more will reconnect if things go well.

I appreciate there's a degree of gambling on the club's side, coz if they don't get it right it'll be another generation of players down the drain.
But l do think the current strategy is the best long term option. I might be wrong, but having the largest group of talented youth in something like the last 20 years is what I'll continue to hang my hat on for now.
I'm not sure that Lyon is the guy to take us to the promised land either. I see him/them as building a platform to give us a chance, that's all.

Essendon ain’t going to give us a draft pick for a salary dump for Shiel. They will be wanting a second/third rounder.
It's just posturing. As if we'd pay a 2ndRDP for a million dollar spud with 1-2 years left in him.
(Queue the Hanners comments)
SOS is a hardarse, it won't happen.

He’s whinging about the system instead of working within it. The academy bidding needed fixing and hopefully that’s done now. Time get the list managers, coaches and footy department in one place, Set a definitive outline of a plan moving forward and sell it to us. He keeps making a dick of himself putting his head up so has retreated. Time to grow a pair and stand up.
No he doesn’t. Some of this change is probably due to him.

And how could you possibly know he’s “retreated”? Good for him for putting his head up - we need someone to stand up for the club, unless you prefer we keep being treated like the leagues basket case.
Maybe he does his best work behind the scenes unlike a blustering person like a McGuire.

Honestly, sometimes you just state absolute random things as fact.

As you say, Sheil would have to be a salary dump to make sense which offsets the moderate cost of Peatling whilst Tommo covers for Battle and comes for free.
The short term losses are some spare salary cap and the output differential between Batts and Tommo.

Similar to the Dow, Henry, Collard, V's Gresh, Billings, Coff scenario, it shows investment in the now, short term and long term futures albeit a bitter pill to swallow for supporters.

Maybe Rors was taking the piss, and it could still go **** up over the course of time. But at least they're trying.
I don’t think Dildos self pride will allow him to pay someone to take Shield.
It would be a total acknowledgment of failure.

Sheil is part of the deal involving Gresh last year. this will bite us on the bum
Bonner Dow Sheil & Tomlinson is comical on top of losing Battle

How many players have we gone through till we found Battle ? will spend the next 5 - 8 years trying to replace him

Sheil is part of the deal involving Gresh last year. this will bite us on the bum
Bonner Dow Sheil & Tomlinson is comical on top of losing Battle

How many players have we gone through till we found Battle ? will spend the next 5 - 8 years trying to replace him
Don't mind losing Gresham. Should have traded Clark when he had value. Should have traded billings when he had value. All three are not part of the engine room or spine.

Battle different story. We are over engineering an outcome here because we cbf doing the hard work to get better. Transactional. Like getting a top 5 pick suddenly gets us an elite mid and pushes us to a flag. It's the old messiah complex with a coach or star player just in a different form.

Hawthorn meanwhile have rebuilt their midfield from nothing and in a fraction of the time.

Our culture is terrible.

I'm not going to lie I don't watch Norf very much (basically only when we play them), but is LDU really worth that much?
TBH, he’s a very good fit for our midfield (so is Reid). Has that explosive, break-away pace from stoppage that we desperately need and would complement Steele, Windy, Stocker, Clark, Dow etc. Is most effective when he is first receive out of a stoppage.
Is a good kick (not great), kicked 11 goals. Averages 28 disposals (14k, 14hb).

Depends on the price I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back