List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

We will get band 1 for Battle

Peatling, Shiel & Tomlinson should be in StKilda colours next yr

Tomlinson is insurance for losing Battle & allow others to continue to develop… plus he wants out as he and Steven May absolutely despise each other

Peace out ✌🏼

Missed this mic drop! See you in a year Rors!

1. He is an old Hawthorn supporter.
2. We were playing horrendous football mid season, I don't blame him for looking around. I stopped going to games, as I would rather eat my own vomit than go and watch us.
3. Gees I'd play for the Hawks, who wouldn't, playing a great game style and players seem to be just loving playing football, unlike we were 10 weeks ago.
4. If we play like this from now on makes the decision that much harder...but reckon the dye is already cast.

Take pick 7 or 8 and just hope we get a goodn.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you watch hawks rnd 1-5..?

Richmond are going to be devastated losing the players the are and as a result will end up with a silly amount of draft picks.

I wonder if they would be interested in Hunter Clark, Ryan Byrnes or Zak Jones. Clubs with so many picks often give up higher picks than normal just to bring in some experience. They may even look at Ben Paton or Jack Hayes as options.

I understand Hayes & Paton might be delisted in any event, but we may be able to drag a 3rd rounder or two for them. There are going to be some absolute diamonds later in this draft and other clubs rubbish picks will be gold IMO.

I have watched a lot of footage this year and Im convinced this is the draft year we should go all out on. The depth is ridiculous compared to so many other years.

As an example there is a kid who is the co-captain of the Northern Knights - Zak Johnson. Not many would have heard of him but he is a 185cms good size kid averaging 26 disposals, 6 marks and can also kick goals. He is Mr Consistent being good at most things but his ball winning and organisation skills are excellent. He is rated in the top 10 for RMC Coates League player award votes, but you will hardly see him mentioned in any phantom drafts. I would liken him to a Josh Dunkley - unassuming rugged and gets the job done. For me he would be a sensational late pick and in other draft years would be a top 25 pick. There are plenty of kids like Zak this year.

Dalrymple has a penchant for WA kids so I wouldnt be surprised if we pulled a smoky out of there this year also.
Can’t trade hunter
Would try for a pick maybe Membry or jones

We know the draft system is rigged, everyone does also know, but in addition, we know as St Kilda, we as a minnow Melbourne club, have other challenges in respect to holding or attracting talent. Of course we should maximize our potential with it, but never assume it is a fair race..and don’t lose games for it!

A top 5 pick has turned into at best Pick 8. Which is what we were saying about this whole shit show with battle.

It was never going to he a top 5 pick because we would win more.
Battle will be a loss and still no word on Howard,
This trade and draft period might throw a few surprises.

Could a few midfielders be on the market , we all know Oliver , Petracca , Viney would love to leave the Ds and guys like LDU restricted free agents next year.

Battle will be a loss and still no word on Howard,
This trade and draft period might throw a few surprises.

Could a few midfielders be on the market , we all know Oliver , Petracca , Viney would love to leave the Ds and guys like LDU restricted free agents next year.
viney just signed an extension and petracca is going no where

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit Parker would play every game at the Saints next year. A fit Shiel could possibly play every game too...... at Sandy.

Shiel would be lucky to leave the rehab room.

Our midfield’s lack of ‘star factor’ is a vexing issue. On the one hand, they don’t wanna but a Holden Belmont if a Premier is available . But holding out for a Statesman could be futile. I think Matt Crouch would have been a Kingswood, at least, with a few extras (like reversing lights and a tow bar) we said no two years ago for that. If we’d have taken him, he just might have helped. In another note, I wonder if Max King could come back as the new Douglas Howard, or is accountable a problem?

Hayes would suit Melb or Nth as they both need a key forward type & for Melb it gives them the change up ruckman for Gawn would only net a 3rd round or a very late 2nd round.
We kinda need that too. I really hope we don't move him on. The fact he was an emergency on the weekend suggests he's not in our bottom 6-10 players. I'd say he's worth a 1yr extension given he's currently fit and could get a full pre-season in.

We kinda need that too. I really hope we don't move him on. The fact he was an emergency on the weekend suggests he's not in our bottom 6-10 players. I'd say he's worth a 1yr extension given he's currently fit and could get a full pre-season in.
I think the opposite being an Emg means he's not required we didn't have a big target last night & he still couldn't get a game & i would say King & Cama are ahead of him.

Our midfield’s lack of ‘star factor’ is a vexing issue. On the one hand, they don’t wanna but a Holden Belmont if a Premier is available . But holding out for a Statesman could be futile. I think Matt Crouch would have been a Kingswood, at least, with a few extras (like reversing lights and a tow bar) we said no two years ago for that. If we’d have taken him, he just might have helped. In another note, I wonder if Max King could come back as the new Douglas Howard, or is accountable a problem?

Can we get Jake Stringer.

I don't normally post but I feel like after reading some comments I just don't understand some people's negativity with the club.

At the end of the day, as RTB said the club has a responsibility to sponsors and members to go out and compete, if we had finished off the year by losing games, sponsors would be less likely to come to us, or would pay less to sponsor us, likewise members would be less likely to renew their memberships. Leaving us in financial trouble and having to go back to the AFL asking for handouts to support us.

However, I feel a lot of members will be optimistic, and unlike what Damien Barrett has been saying in the media about these wins not meaning anything, the game on the weekend wasn't meaningless. Carlton gave it everything they had to try and make finals, they weren't holding back, and we showed that not only can we compete with a finals team, but we can beat them.

In the first half of the year we were hampered by injuries and lost a lot of close games, in the second half of the year I think we were close to top 4 if not top 4, for wins and losses over that period. We can take that momentum into next year. Yeah, it might suck if we lose Battle, if so, we need to retain Howard, go the draft with 7/8 and take the two best midfielders available, as well all know that our midfield is our weak point. Continue to build around our younger core and for the first time we actually have the coaches in place to develop the list properly.

Under previous management a player like Pou who had form issues and got dropped might never have recovered (Billings) and potentially gone on to have an average career as confidence had been destroyed. However, we finally have the coaches in place to mentor and develop the young kids coming through to get the best out of them.

I would be very interested to know how many games were played by players less than 21/22 years old this year and how that compares to other teams. I feel like we have a very good core of young players coming through, we need to keep adding to them as much as we can, especially with the older brigade of players (Crouch/Ross) potentially retiring or being delisted.

As I said take pick 7/8 to the draft and get the 2 best mids, get an older support type to help the kids if Crouch and Ross do finish up, and another year into the kids should help the mids be better next season. We have seen what King has done in the past with one of the worst midfield in the comp, and we are yet to see what he can do with an average/above average midfield, Sharman has shown a bit recently and hopefully can take that confidence into next season, if we can get a good mid fwd connection then we will go a long way to playing finals next season. RTB always coaches a top 8 defence so I'm not too worried about that, as long as we don't lose both Battle and Howard.

I can see a balance and honestly going into the game i didnt really want us to win, it seemed like jumping Melbourne and the Suns put our drafting more out of our hands.

Like every supporter i rode every bump and baulk in the last 10 minutes desperately wanting us to win.

It might be an ultimately meaningless win to anyone outside the 4 walls of Linton street but if youve played footy at any level you know it wasnt meaningless to the boys singing the song yesterday.

Im as pessimistic as any Saints supporter going (our 150 year history supports that pessimism) but i would also say im as optimistic right now about this team and group as i have been ever before).

Will the comp remember us beating Carlton, probably not but how many other teams wins can any of us remember.

Were more focused on us and what we do than we have been for some time, i back that our picks can develop and our list is being utilized well.

We will get band 1 for Battle
Peatling, Shiel & Tomlinson should be in StKilda colours next yr
Tomlinson is insurance for losing Battle & allow others to continue to develop… plus he wants out as he and Steven May absolutely despise each other

Peace out ✌🏼

Hopefully if we do bring in any players we can trade out of next years draft rather than this eg Peatling round 2-3 2025, Sheil/Parker/McCrae & Tomlinson complete low end picks.

Ive been saying this for several years but at some point we are going to have to either draft or trade in another ruckman. We simply cant expect Marshall to play 23 games in the ruck every season. Heath is progressing (slowly) but surely we need another option rather than Campbell.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back