List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

It has to be remembered Dunstan was known for being slow and a shocking kick which made him a liability , Clark may be slow but his ball use is far superior to what Dunstan's ever was.
Dunstan had the clearance ability but his problem was it made no impact due to his poor disposal , Clark seems to have far more impact when he has the ball in hand.

Clark maybe no super star but he is a handy player and will follow team instructions which by all accounts Dunstan would only do when he felt like it.

Also teams have been sniffing around Clark when coming off contract , where Dunstan was a RFA and hardly any teams wanted him - he ended up at Melbourne mainly due to Richardson and ended up playing 2s mainly , strange how Billings ended up there as well.
Clark has been a very handy addition to the mids since coming back into the team and managing to play a set of games. He has a great ability to be in the right spot to get the quick kick or handball out.
It helps when you can have consistency without having to have your face operated on every third match.
In saying that I'm with The Steadier when he suggests some high altitude Himalaya running. However with Clark I'd be worried he'd see it as an opportunity for some high altitude Charas smoking.

Tom Barrass handed in his trade request .... does this in any way affect Battle's decision?

Interesting which current Hawk defenders get pushed aside

If ever there was a player who could benefit from performance enhancing drugs it would be Clark.

Somehow he just has to get a tank
It is the fact he had little preseason. Dow was the same, Jones slightly better.

All three started to shoe a bit with a block of games. Jones and Clark really started to look like the players we wanted and Dow's last couple of games gives me hope for improvement.
However JVE just showed what will happen if you continue to be injured. Bonner showed what happens when you don't tackle.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m just glad that people are starting to talk about Clark’s tank more than his ****ing biceps, who gives a shit, he’s a quality footballer and goes hard at it, he makes shit happen and has an impact. Needs to work on getting his ToG up, but apart from that I’m loving what he brings.

Sad to see Van Es go, he looked like a really solid prospect on paper.

For some reason I’m irrationally surprised to see Campbell go too, seemed a great clubman, and a decent back up ruck. Hope we have someone lined up.

How Allison ever got a 3 year extension is beyond me, but he kicked a few 5 goal bags in the seconds this year, fwiw. And so goes the Covid draftee, our only other pick that year was Tom Highmore lol.

Bonner had promise, remember when he was bombing in goals from 50 during the pre season? I could see the appeal on paper, but unfortunately he became a whipping boy real quick, and it’s best we look to some younger players.

So is this it for delistings? 4 seems too few for now, guess we shall see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a really sad time of year I think. Saying goodbye to players we all at some stage had so much faith and hope in. Most of their afl dreams done and dusted. One or two may be lucky enough to get the second or third chance.
At least they spent time on a list. Have to be happy and proud of that.
I’m still getting over Justin Plapp

We might be onto a new innovative game plan here: Draft #7 Murphy Reid + #8 Tobie Travalgia.

Stick them both at Half back, who needs mids when you can have 7 Running half-back/Wingers? Sinclair, Bonner, NWM, Hill, Travaglia, Reid, Henry and Wilson
Travalgia is a gun and will play 200 plus for someone, if I had to pick a kid to make it out of this draft he’s it.

Feel free to go back to my immediately previous post to the one you quoted.

My main gripe is we aren't getting mentioned as a suitor. We must fight the small club mentality on all fronts.

Reading Petracca's comments on the Howie Games Podcast, I think he's miles away from playing again. I just want the respect of being mentioned as a possible destination.
So we should offer him 8 million over 4 years and then when he accepts, pull the contract and tell him to **** off.
Then we knocked him back.

Lot of Hunter Clark love. Always injured, hasn’t put on a shred of muscle and still can’t run out a game properly (56 percent game time on the weekend!).

Like him as a player but think he’s been very underwhelming and can’t fathom why he’s been on our list since 2018 and is still unfit. Injuries sure but I can’t remember looking at him and thinking he looks fit.

Hopefully he has a well overdue big off season.
I couldn't agree more.

Does some nice things and sucks people in again but he can also butcher the ball.

Must have a real suburban ressies level of professionalism

St Kilda NGA prospect 195/196 cm kpp. I don’t rate his kicking, nor his game awareness. I’d rather invest the resources and opportunity in Keeler.
He would want to improve and quickly, seems to have less smarts than Allison

Gringo can we stay out of essendons rubbish bins for 5 minutes. If you’re throwing around first round picks there will be some actual quality players available, better still let’s draft our own. Should give josh schache a call while we’re at it he went pick 2. The league is littered with guys who went early and didn’t work out, Bonner and Stephenson were absolute favourites of many on here put them on the list.

Way too early to be pawning your watch for the get out stakes imo.

Hobbs is unlucky to be stuck behind players. Tsatas has talent even though disposal is shit. Next year’s draft looks shit anyway. Get an inside bull and an outside runner for cheap. If either meet their potential you are way ahead.

Lot of Hunter Clark love. Always injured, hasn’t put on a shred of muscle and still can’t run out a game properly (56 percent game time on the weekend!).

Like him as a player but think he’s been very underwhelming and can’t fathom why he’s been on our list since 2018 and is still unfit. Injuries sure but I can’t remember looking at him and thinking he looks fit.

Hopefully he has a well overdue big off season.
He has been played in the middle this year and we can see what he can do.
He had to wait his turn

Last edited:
Hobbs is unlucky to be stuck behind players. Tsatas has talent even though disposal is shit. Next year’s draft looks shit anyway. Get an inside bull and an outside runner for cheap. If either meet their potential you are way ahead.
Big no from me in red gringo I wouldn't want them on the list let alone for a quality pick. Sometimes clubs get it wrong and kids just aren’t afl standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back