List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate wasting good picks on failed top draft picks. They usually hold some value still (but would you seriously offer a first for one of Essendon’s stuff ups if it wasn’t for their original draft number?), and the buyer often gets shafted.
Agree.

There is such a tendency for clubs to keep their pick in mind when it should genuinely have zero impact on how you assess a player once they are half way through their second season. Just because they whiffed on the pick we don't need to overpay and bail them out.

I love petracca as a player and he would probably instantly be our best midfielder.

We are probably one of the only teams that could realistically put a compelling offer to Melbourne along with north and richmond

But he will be 29 years old who we have on the hook for 5 years at a million a year coming off a devastating injury.
Plus the cost is not something we could even fathom at this stage.

The cost far outweighs the gains

Hard pass from me

We should draft Oliver Lowe just because we need a red head on the list.
A balanced list will sharpen our focus
Hunter clark has, in almost every respect, become luke dunstan mk2.

No tank, speed or spread- can only play ~50-60% time on ground.
But maddenly gets the pill ~20 times in half a game.

Not worth trading at this point- but FMD, can't we send him to the himalayas or something for 6 months to magically improve his aerobic capacity??!!
Hunter Clark operating in a phone box...he is elite...if he plays the whole year next year watch out...Hunter takes Crouch's spot.

Keep an eye out for Jacob Konstanty From Sydney to the Saints. Can't break into the Sydney side and desperatley wants to play. Bit of a bolter in his draft year taken by former Sydney recruiter Simon Dalrymple.

Defensive Forward 177cm
Draft#20,2022 National Draft
Recruited FromDrouin (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Finished the NAB League season ranked second for tackles (81), while impressing with his relentless work-rate and tackle pressure inside 50.
Butler replacement .... was dogged by injuries in his debut season

We have a respectful trading history with Swans ... and he is Victorian ... could well happen

We might be onto a new innovative game plan here: Draft #7 Murphy Reid + #8 Tobie Travalgia.

Stick them both at Half back, who needs mids when you can have 7 Running half-back/Wingers? Sinclair, Bonner, NWM, Hill, Travaglia, Reid, Henry and Wilson

Forgetting Angus Hastie in that listing as he's also a rebound defender type off the flank. We'd be getting our stock of HBF back for sure.

I wouldn’t touch Petracca.
He’s too old
Had a terrible injury
Paid too much
Contacts too long
Would cost way too much in trade capital
Sounds like he’s toxic

Him only wanting to go big club for big crowd might send a tiny message to the afl though.
Their greed driven preferential treatment given to the big clubs through favourable draws and marquee games is making them bigger while the rest are just making up numbers.
Yep old man Petractor can go back to ploughing a field with the dream ons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Soldo would cost us. I'd love to let Roma off the leash and have a solid tap ruckman in the guts. He also tackles well and can hit the scoreboard.
The only query would be his injury, but by all accounts it was a flare up of an old injury and he had surgery to repair his meniscus.
Worth throwing our hat in the ring I reckon. Port seem happy with Sweet and they Visentini coming through.

Anyone share this article for us?

http://bit.ly/475abKE

ack Steele speaks on St Kilda’s season, Josh Battle’s future amid Hawthorn interest​

St Kilda captain Jack Steele has weighed in on Josh Battle’s $850,000 call on his future, conceding the defender will leave a significant hole if he departs for Hawthorn.
Jay ClarkJay Clark
follow

@ClarkyHeraldSun

2 min read
August 27, 2024 - 4:00PM

0 comments

254794de1006a7b7a703deb8b859ddec

00:52
Are Saints better off trading Battle?

AFL: Leigh Montagna and David King believe the Saints may benefit in the long run from trading Josh Battle and receiving a high compensation pick.

AFL

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
follow
St Kilda captain Jack Steele hopes the club’s late-season purple patch can help set the foundation to rise up the ladder next year.
The Saints won five out of the last six games when Jack Higgins’ miraculous last minute snap pipped Carlton in an epic finish at Marvel Stadium on Sunday.
The club will now await a decision from star defender Josh Battle as he weighs up a blockbuster offer from Hawthorn with Steele saying he was still hopeful the intercepting backman would still stay at Moorabbin.
Steele, who went to Carlton wrecking ball Patrick Cripps late on Sunday, said the Saints’ strong late-season form showed the team had great character and a bright future.
Top Performers
Jack Higgins
goals

Jack Sinclair
disposals

Callum Wilkie
marks

Jack Steele
tackles

“At our best, we are pretty good,” Steele said.
“As we have shown in the last six weeks, we can match it with the best, so I’m glad we won so we could build on the confidence and the belief going into the break.
“We are still going to need to get to work in the off-season and Ross (Lyon) made that really clear.
“I think we are as capable as anyone, and you look at the competition and how close it is and how quickly things can change.
“We are in a great position as a group.”
Josh Battle after St Kilda’s win over Carlton, which could be his last match for the club. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

Josh Battle after St Kilda’s win over Carlton, which could be his last match for the club. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

The Saints will have pick seven in the draft and will hope Battle’s departure, if he leaves, would trigger pick eight as free agency compensation, giving the Saints a pair of top picks to add to their midfield stocks.
The Hawks’ offer is believed to be in the vicinity of $850,000 a year across six seasons.
But Steele, who joined the Saints the same time as Battle in late 2016, said his teammate seemed genuinely torn, and could yet stay.
“Absolutely, (I think he is) still weighing it up,” Steele said.
“He loves the club, and he has been a part of this club as long as I have, so I know if he did leave he would be pretty sad about it.
“So, I’m hoping he doesn’t (depart). I hope he stays.
“He is a valuable asset to us and what we are trying to do as a team. Hopefully it swings our way but we will wait and see.
“We love him, he is a star.”

Hunter clark has, in almost every respect, become luke dunstan mk2.

No tank, speed or spread- can only play ~50-60% time on ground.
But maddenly gets the pill ~20 times in half a game.

Not worth trading at this point- but FMD, can't we send him to the himalayas or something for 6 months to magically improve his aerobic capacity??!!
He tends to kick it where he wants it to go though doesn't he?

I wonder what Soldo would cost us. I'd love to let Roma off the leash and have a solid tap ruckman in the guts. He also tackles well and can hit the scoreboard.
The only query would be his injury, but by all accounts it was a flare up of an old injury and he had surgery to repair his meniscus.
Worth throwing our hat in the ring I reckon. Port seem happy with Sweet and they Visentini coming through.

Tigers traded Soldo and pick 50 for Port Adelaide’s picks 41 & 49.

Effectively a mid third rounder.

Worth a thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back