List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Only those at the club will know, but l definitely want a cocky little shit with attitude problems and more talent than the rest of them put together. If he's comfortable in Victoria then we need to keep him, though he may need some time to grow up.
The kid himself isn’t the issue.

Maybe an unpopular opinion as he will be 29, but if Petracca (or someone similar) was genuinely to become available I would be more than happy to part with our first and whatever else it takes. Hitting this draft might be one too many with Steele/Marshall/Wilkie/Sinclair all the wrong side of 28. Our youth is already in good stead and the "evenness" should make us unafraid to trade our first, even if Battle stays. Time to pay up and have a proper crack at this thing if the opportunity arises.
What exactly does this achieve?

A finals sugar hit before the ass falls out?

Not only that. They would want 2 first rounders.

So pick 5 & future stkilda first.

Or

Pick 5 + pick 6 + Josh Battle leaving

Has Oliver actually been busted taking drugs? Obviously he is a loose unit, but to what extent is hard to know.

I was happy to explore it, but some of the allegations flying around on the Demons board are pretty full on.

Probably exaggerated, but there is a lot of smoke surrounding him. I just though he was incredibly dumb, but if he has a drug issue it's not worth it.
I’d say the premise of any Oliver deal isn’t Oliver himself.

It’s the hypothetical pick attachment and if Oliver comes good - well win win for us.

People need to remember. Our asset is our cap space. We have nothing else unless we want to start burning first rounders for players in the Steele Marshall Wilkie Sinclair age bracket.

Short sighted in my opinion. Others clearly want a finals sugar hit.

Maybe Tom Morronis needs to check with the fans, and the sponsors, and the Board, and the coaches, and Mason Wood and the playing group, and the AFLW team and the trainee receptionist before we go down any Clarrie route and potentially destroy our brand and indeed the very club itself.

Ya just can’t be too careful these days

vcCtHcR.gif

Collard should never had been made to leave Perth in the first place. He was a WC NGA and they should have had the option to match any bid.
Four non indigenous GC NGA's have the rules manipulated so they can stay at home with family.
A vulnerable indigenous player from an NGA is forced to move away from family 4000 klms.
But it's all good because that's is not discrimination and the AFL has an indigenous round.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But keeping a $5m+ investment occupied to help him stay on the straight & narrow is probably smart thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how do you think team mates playing in a rapidly sinking team this year feel about playing a fat, underdone probably undeserving and injured player?
Would probably go down like a lead balloon. They’re certainly heading that way on the ladder.

So how do you think team mates playing in a rapidly sinking team this year feel about playing a fat, underdone probably undeserving and injured player?
Would probably go down like a lead balloon. They’re certainly heading that way on the ladder.

Probably why they’re a mess.

But clubs do crazy things to cover up their mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly does this achieve?

A finals sugar hit before the ass falls out?

Not only that. They would want 2 first rounders.

So pick 5 & future stkilda first.

Or

Pick 5 + pick 6 + Josh Battle leaving

What if the finals sugar hit was a flag sugar hit - is it okay then?

Was looking at coaches votes yesterday out of interest. We have
  • 16 players on the list who have received 10 votes in a game (=1st in comp, with Melbourne)
  • 32 players on the list who have received a vote in any game (1st)
  • 6 players under 22 who have received a vote (1st). Carlton and Essendon have none.

To me, that says that there is a lot of capability and depth right now & the youth is fine. It also suggests that the salary cap might get tight over the coming years and we are already seeing that with Battle. However the "ass" will not fall out if the young guys stick around.

We essentially have the opposite problem to 09/10 in that we have a very strong so-called "bottom six", but lack the star quality at the pointy end. The three guys we do have who are currently AA quality will all be 30+ in a couple of years - if there was ever a time to attract a proper A grader, however impracticable that may be, it is now.

• 16 players on the list who have received 10 votes in a game (=1st in comp, with Melbourne)
  • 6 players under 22 who have received a vote (1st). Carlton and Essendon have none.

To me, that says that there is a lot of capability and depth right now & the youth is fine. It also suggests that the salary cap might get tight over the coming years and we are already seeing that with Battle. However the "ass" will not fall out if the young guys stick around.

We essentially have the opposite problem to 09/10 in that we have a very strong so-called "bottom six", but lack the star quality at the pointy end. The three guys we do have who are currently AA quality will all be 30+ in a couple of years - if there was ever a time to attract a proper A grader, however impracticable that may be, it is now.
I think it says we don’t have a dominant midfield and that when we win we really on players in the periphery.

The good sides have dominant midfielders who keep getting the votes.

Different lens all the same

personal opinion, Petracca isn’t going to win us a flag on his own. We don’t bat deep enough and trading for him would take us out of the first round of this draft and next.

So how do we build out the midfield to support Petracca and Steele?

The ass falls out because as that group falls away due to age. We half baked the youth by not putting enough top end talent into that group.

If this was a free agency scenario. I’d be all in with you here. It’s not. The hypothetical cost would be huge and we lack assets to blow it on a bloke who is 29 at the start of next season.

Your breakdown shows an even contribution.

What it fails to show is that Sydney have 3 in the top 10. The dogs 2. Freo Essendon Carlton Brisbane Collingwood - sides all in or around the finals.

We don’t have a player in the top 20 - of which the clubs in and around finals do.

This is the exact same situation as Marshall a month ago. Morris is taking a player who is frustrated at the team not playing to their potential and exaggerates the shit out of it until they are trade bait.

Goodwin probably wont do it but he should call out Morris being the weasel that he is.

personal opinion, Petracca isn’t going to win us a flag on his own. We don’t bat deep enough and trading for him would take us out of the first round of this draft and next.

So how do we build out the midfield to support Petracca and Steele?

The ass falls out because as that group falls away due to age. We half baked the youth by not putting enough top end talent into that group.

If this was a free agency scenario. I’d be all in with you here. It’s not. The hypothetical cost would be huge and we lack assets to blow it on a bloke who is 29 at the start of next season.

Your breakdown shows an even contribution.

What it fails to show is that Sydney have 3 in the top 10. The dogs 2. Freo Essendon Carlton Brisbane Collingwood - sides all in or around the finals.

We don’t have a player in the top 20 - of which the clubs in and around finals do.

Agreed that he can't do it on his own - we would need to land one of LDU / Brayshaw / Rayner as a free agent next year as well.

The even contribution is what I was trying to point out - the foundation is there but we need guys who are top 10 players (Petracca is one when fit), and they are incredibly hard to pry out. Bont is a UFA next year but I haven't seen it talked about at all.

Anyway sounds like Petracca is going nowhere and it's all moot. Given the state of the draft I think we should still be very prepared to give up pick 5 as part of the right deal e.g. if North think LDU is leaving next year and would like to expedite that process. Probably not the best example but it we can use that pick to improve our list immediately we should do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back