List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

They might be looking at Elliott Himmelberg from Adelaide instead of Mark Keane

Ross was asked about Battle in the press conference. He sounded a bit desperate, as in "Please stay Josh!"

He obviously wants him to stay on but feels like he's gone :(

I think Jack is a loyal kid and he was one of the first kids from Canberra taken by the Giants, a club he would have been developed by from an early age. The Giants put a lot of effort into their academy regions and are growing a strong following in Canberra, where all of Jack's family are based. Believe it or not Sydney if you can afford it is a great place to live and a lot of the kids love the semi tropical beach life style.

Again I would hate to see him leave, but I could understand him wanting to return to the Giants. They are also probably a club who we could arrange a reasonable trade deal with. There only issue might be their salary cap as Jack would be on a reasonable $$$, but perhaps they as a club are in a better position now than what they have been.

The GWS salary cap is bursting at the seams. They look like losing players because of it.

They couldn’t afford Steele unless we paid part of his salary. Imagine the optics of Saints paying another club to take on our Captain and arguably our best player.

ATM GWS has picks 16, 36, 48, 54 and 72. Nothing special.

It would need to be an unbelievable deal for us, and Steele (who is contracted) would also need to agree. Without having great picks GWS would need to offer players as part of the deal.

Can’t see it happening myself. Unless they were gun players.

Just weird to have this floating around 2 weeks ago.

Especially after such speculation the week before last trade period. Don’t you think?

Jack Steele

“Last year there was more than whispers, a number of clubs and players managers told me that the Saints were open to a conversation around Steele.”

“’If you want Jack Steele, give us your best deal’, that sort of stuff. It never happened. I just think it would be a massive call to trade their captain.

“I wonder whether a club will try to pry him out this year. There’s no indication that the Saints want to trade him or that he wants to go, but that doesn’t mean clubs won’t have a crack.”
“There’s no indication that [club] want to trade him or that he wants to go, but that doesn’t mean clubs won’t have a crack.”

How good is that last line - you could create an article for literally any player in the competition based off that rubbish lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameless desperate low brow advertising.
We're not beneath it...DO IT 😎

Start a gofundme to rent a neon sign, we can get it wheeled in, just keep topping up the gofundme to keep it going and depending on how it goes, you can even get a whaky wavy inflatable tube man that points at RSEA from the Nepean side and "mids that way".

And make up a giant one and put it beside the freeway out to Seaford where all the drivers can see it.

I had the above as you wrote this, great minds.

Start a gofundme to rent a neon sign, we can get it wheeled in, just keep topping up the gofundme to keep it going and depending on how it goes, you can even get a whaky wavy inflatable tube man that points at RSEA from the Nepean side and "mids that way".

I had the above as you wrote this, great minds.
Get the Saints players to do Flash mob dances up & down the peninsula ( I'm summoning my inner Matt Finnis...he should've been all over that sort of cheesy marketing gimmick) and upload a single to Spotify...something about Broken hearts, and sick if being let down, sung to some Country and Western drivel with a beefy backbeat (The shite that seems to be selling at the minute) If we scrape the dregs off our dignity enough Laura Kane might throw us a freebie.
You Know It GIF by MOODMAN

ok

we aren't trading king, we aren't getting oliver, we aren't trading roma and we aren't trading our captain

jesus christ lol
Silly season starting earlier than usual.

I think Jack is a loyal kid and he was one of the first kids from Canberra taken by the Giants, a club he would have been developed by from an early age. The Giants put a lot of effort into their academy regions and are growing a strong following in Canberra, where all of Jack's family are based. Believe it or not Sydney if you can afford it is a great place to live and a lot of the kids love the semi tropical beach life style.

Again I would hate to see him leave, but I could understand him wanting to return to the Giants. They are also probably a club who we could arrange a reasonable trade deal with. There only issue might be their salary cap as Jack would be on a reasonable $$$, but perhaps they as a club are in a better position now than what they have been.
Add Nick Haynes to the deal then all of a sudden they have cap space

We get: Haynes, Peatling, Pick 14
GWS get: Steele, pick 48

Can ask for Callaghan instead of pick 14, but is he too outside?

Last edited:
Unfortunately had SEN on when I jumped in the car. Ole mate Dons supporter - parish and Wright for Petracca. Straight face. Ole mate Richmond supporter - trade Rioli to Suns and Baker to Freo and use those picks for Petracca and Dan Houston.

Some of the suggestions in here are similarly one sided whacko.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back