List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall is actually one of our best midfielders. We'll only get worse if we take him out of the midfield, unless we get better midfielders.

I think this statement is more a problem than something to celebrate. You actually don't want Marshall distributing the ball, he is an ordinary field kick, slow with handball and does not "see" plays. I don't think losing some of Marshall's midfield possessions hurt us that much.

I think this statement is more a problem than something to celebrate. You actually don't want Marshall distributing the ball, he is an ordinary field kick, slow with handball and does not "see" plays. I don't think losing some of Marshall's midfield possessions hurt us that much.

He could tidy his kicking up, but it is his contested marking that is huge and that makes a difference around the ground and in defence. Thats why he is considered one of the best ruckman in the competition.

Last edited:

Macrae has indicated he wants to come. The Dogs haven’t given up retaining him. Don’t think Geelong are a genuine chance. They have other fish to fry.

Club is looking at other options in the vein of Houston. A name they will explore is Adam Cerra.

They like Soldo more than Reeves.

I’m not sure of where this sits in the current scheme of things but Crouch is currently getting opinions as to how managing his knee would go and potential long term impact.

Similar to Rooey.

You would think Carlton would have to make some cap space if they are to bring in Houston. Cerra as mentioned has had a shocking year with hamstring injuries but half the side at Carlton were missing with soft tissue injuries this year. There was something very wrong with their sports science crew.

With the inclusion of the Camporeale twins Carlton probably think they have sufficient midfield depth, so if we can extract Cerra without selling the farm trade wise he would be a solid inclusion.

Hopefully Crouch and the club make a decision before the trade/draft periods are completed.

Last edited:
Cap is going up by 25%.
And we need to meet the minimum 95% cap spend somehow.

700k a year of monopoly money we are forced to spend for macrae is totally fine if it means he comes across for stuff all trade cost
Yep, can’t imagine how on earth we could possibly use $2m. Cap is going up in 2027 iirc. We are not that dearth of talent that we can’t scrape our way to 95%.

Just throw it around like confetti like Hannebery. We aren’t getting 2020era Macrae.

Pull contracts forward, proactive extensions of kids, earmarked for a gazillion for a Fa next year.

Clark has been at St Kilda for 7 seasons.

Also, we all know we are not trying to replace Marshall but Campbell, right? We just need a VAR back-up mature ruckman. We get Soldo, he plays at Sandy unless Marshall is unavailable.
And cost? This is a guy that can’t get a game at two clubs now. I’m fine as the new Campbell, but if it’s a second or third, then Blimey.

Haven't turned my nose up.

Just saying I wouldn't pay more than a 2nd rounder.

People thinking we will give Carlton a 1st round pick for Cerra to help them get Houston... No way. They can have our 2nd rounder.

As for Seb - The stats comparison I made was Seb from 2022 to Cerra now. Following a few soft tissue injuries we have delisted Seb. Not even keeping him as depth. He's gone.

Cerra already has a history of soft tissue injuries... Again, not turning my nose up but the idea that Cerra is a gun mid just doesn't stack up.

You would think Carlton would have to make some cap space if they are to bring in Houston. Cerra as mentioned has had a shocking year with hamstring injuries but half the side at Carlton were missing with soft tissue injuries this year. There was something very wrong with their sports science crew.

With the inclusion of the Camporeale twins Carlton probably think they have sufficient midfield depth, so if we can extract Cerra without selling the farm trade wise he would be a solid inclusion.

Hopefully Crouch and the club make a decision before the trade/draft periods are completed.
Thats what exploring this “opportunity” will provide I guess.

Is the cost worth it?

I felt like Carlton overpaid Freo for him.
But simultaneously I watched a few of their games last year and thought he was very good - especially when the game was on the line.

Either way.

Let’s see what happens. I prefer this to Houston. Atleast Cerra is a mid.

Thats what exploring this “opportunity” will provide I guess.

Is the cost worth it?

I felt like Carlton overpaid Freo for him.
But simultaneously I watched a few of their games last year and thought he was very good - especially when the game was on the line.

Either way.

Let’s see what happens. I prefer this to Houston. Atleast Cerra is a mid.
And an upgrade on Peatling

The brass are prepared to give pick 8 for Dan Houston, like it or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under contract , i just hope the Dogs want him off their books and don't have delusional ideas about what they want back.
They gave us a mid second round pick for a 28 year old who lead their 2021 goal kicking.
Surely they would take a lot less for a 30yo on a big contract.
They'll need to free up money for a few blokes like Bont and Darcy

Hamstrings are underrated in how they can derail a career, I'd be seriously worried on Cerra.

It's not ideal but I guess thats why he is having a medical firstly. Hopefully the club are astute enough to knock him back if there any questions regarding him getting back to full fitness. Some players can, some it ruins their careers time will tell I guess, but I hope the club do there full due diligence before doing any deals.

It's not ideal but I guess thats why he is having a medical firstly. Hopefully the club are astute enough to knock him back if there any questions regarding him getting back to full fitness. Some players can, some it ruins their careers time will tell I guess, but I hope the club do there full due diligence before doing any deals.
If it gets to that point he will have a medical.

Lots of water to go under the bridge.

Not saying it will happen, but I'm warming to the idea of Houston for pick 8, especially if we get Macrae.

If Houston is a gun kick, it adds something. Every year I say the same thing... we need to bring better kicks/users into this side.

Take the best mid we can with pick 7. Add Macrae to the mids... see Pou and Windy improve. Works for me.

If it gets to that point he will have a medical.

Lots of water to go under the bridge.
Carlton supporting son in law has been bagging him out for two years B grader when fit, they overpaid badly. Is there any chance at all that this club can stick to a plan and actually take both picks to the draft.

Why would Soldo go from being a backup at Port to a backup at St Kilda?

Any half decent ruck coming over would be doing so on the expectation that they are splitting time with RoMa ala Ryder.

Otherwise keep drafting kids until Marshall's close to retirement and then trade for a ready made option if the kids havent come on.
Except Soldo isn't backup, he's third string

Port played Visentini over him during the season. His role will be improved with us

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back