List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance in hell I’d have thought. He’s 30 and well past his best, what would we do with him he’d just get in the way of owens etc. I guess Essendon might think if we’re stupid enough to take Shiel maybe we’d take both.
Also a poor cultural driver who only plays well in contract years. He’d be a handy pickup for a team right in the window but not for us

Boomers at work talking Stringer to saints.
Something about it on fox footy last night?
Can’t find any news on it and don’t see any chat here
what on earth for?

He's 29 and coming off a major injury and all that.

But Tom Morris suggests it would take two firsts and a player to prise Petracca out of Melbourne.

And if Battle leaves, I would humbly suggest that we would possess the capital to get that done.

Whether we should or not is a different question. But it is not like it is not possible that a Victorian club could satisfy Melbourne and be able to accommodate Petracca's sizeable salary.

But Tom Morris suggests it would take two firsts and a player to prise Petracca out of Melbourne.

And if Battle leaves, I would humbly suggest that we would possess the capital to get that done.

Whether we should or not is a different question. But it is not like it is not possible that a Victorian club could satisfy Melbourne and be able to accommodate Petracca's sizeable salary.
Why would a club not in a premiership window want him and why would he want them is really the question. I’d say most clubs could theatrically afford both the trade capital and his salary given you can trade a future first. Imo it would derail everything we’re trying to do but stranger things have happened. Actually it’s probably a stretch to give up two firsts for a guy that age, a top five pick is plenty imo.

but essendon ARE in their premiership window

Dave Chappelle Smirk GIF

Tom Morris is an idiot. Oliver is on a huge salary and so is Petracca, their sc is stressed as it is, to think anyone would part with two firsts AND a player for someone on a huge salary is ridiculous.

At very best a top 10 first maybe a late first AND THEY pay a portion of his salary.

Otherwise I would just rather take our picks to the draft thanks.

but essendon ARE in their premiership window

Dave Chappelle Smirk GIF

Which window are we going to look through today boys and girls , the round window , the arched window.... Oh look its the teeny tiny Essendon Premiership window. Sorry its so small we can't see anything.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2FRDP for a 30 year old next year?

Unless Petracca is willing to go to Tassie - I don’t see how it can happen on those terms.

My mistake - Petracca will be 29 next January. Melbourne aren't trying to move his salary (unlike Oliver).

My point was also about how the media portray us: our last two months have been good, we were finalists last season, at his best Petracca is exactly the kind we need, we have some excellent youth coming through, and we have the suggested capital. We won't get mentioned.

If we are to be unabashedly for our club and push back against those who wish to diminish us, we need to fight on every front. Let's support the President when he rails against an unfair draft system, and it means we should be at least a little angry when we don't get mentioned as a viable landing place for elite talent.

starts rusty but has some really nice passages from mid way on... definitely warming to him if we have picks around the 7-9 range..

does anyone know if smillie will be playing VFL? don't think we can afford to take two brick shithouses in the same draft

Gee, you’re right. Like two different highlights. First half pretty yuck! Second half had some really lovely moments. I don’t see him being a beast. Similarities with Pou imo

29 years old?
I don't think we should be spending that sort of draft capital on him and I doubt we will tbh.
Completely contradicts our stance on going to the draft and looking to the future.
Dees will make up with him and he'll land up staying. Don't think its one for a major debate personally.

Last edited:
Gee, you’re right. Like two different highlights. First half pretty yuck! Second half had some really lovely moments. I don’t see him being a beast. Similarities with Pou imo
Yeah agreed. Once he got comfortable to the speed of the game he looked very classy and he’s certainly not slow.

Would've fitted well into our team on the weekend then :)

starts rusty but has some really nice passages from mid way on... definitely warming to him if we have picks around the 7-9 range..

does anyone know if smillie will be playing VFL? don't think we can afford to take two brick shithouses in the same draft

Got a bit phillipou about him with his contested marking

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back