List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

When Tassie join in 2028, our entire list will be out of contract as it stands (according to Footywire). Every other club has at least one player contracted until 2028 or beyond. Sydney and Melbourne have nine each.

The talk of a King extension fizzled as soon as it appeared. Similar to Battle earlier in the year.

Sure hope we know what we are doing.

When Tassie join in 2028, our entire list will be out of contract as it stands (according to Footywire). Every other club has at least one player contracted until 2028 or beyond. Sydney and Melbourne have nine each.

The talk of a King extension fizzled as soon as it appeared. Similar to Battle earlier in the year.

Sure hope we know what we are doing.
Fantastic news.
That coupled with 20 OOC, Battle leaving for pick 30, and us getting Sheil, sets us up beautifully.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm convinced Battle will only stay at St Kilda for over a mil a year. I'm basing this theory on absolutely nothing factual whatsoever, but man oh man am I outraged. Stupid bloody St Kilda.
It’s a by-product of being a disappointed Saints supporter for many years. Some might call it PTSD.

Just up the offer by 50k to hit 900k
It’s that and Battle vs pick 30 odd which he’s better value than
Fck Hawthorn if they want him they pay
50k in the scheme won’t break our cap
But DO NOT get the fascination with Dylan Shiel whatsoever- smug over oiled broken down poor kicking midfield whose only trick was meant to be clearance and not convinced he can still do that
I was very very confident in the club’s decision and direction….these calls make you start to question…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Battle situation has gone on far too long, it’s making people go crazy.

So the entire time he’s been linked with Hawthorn, the consensus from the media has been Band 1. The AFL announced that contract length comes into the calculation now also, so 6 years helps us greatly in that respect.

So by that logic, if he’s no longer Band 1.. Hawks have changed their initial offer, or Ralph doesn’t know and is just speculating. Probably reads big footy and loves all the melts saying the club is stuffed if we get band 2, please.

We have to have the most depressing and pessimistic fan base in the whole AFL, you wouldn’t know we had an amazing win on the weekend.

Yes I did.

But the club is confident it’s band 1. No clue what Dilena apparently said.

There are multiple triggers.

Battle will max points on contract length.
Battle will max or get as close to on Age
If it’s 850 guaranteed a season - that’s cusp of band 1/2.

And that deal from Hawthorn will move higher once there season finishes.

It’s been the same story from them since the start of June.

They have felt Battle will ultimately want to go.
They won’t overpay to retain.
If he goes as they expect. They will get band 1.

and as evident by Gresham last year. It isn’t so secret sauce lucky dip. They have a fair idea of the frame work as I mentioned above.

You said we were matching Gresham if he didn’t trigger band one all year

It’s started, and it’s glorious.
Simpsons Melting GIF

My girlfriend just walked into the room wearing a tiny negligee. I said what do you want... she said no baby, tonight it's all about what YOU want... I said I haven't got time for that nonsense right now... battle!.... Band 1!... it's all going to hellllllll
🤣 Dude...prioritise better.

Just up the offer by 50k to hit 900k
It’s that and Battle vs pick 30 odd which he’s better value than
Fck Hawthorn if they want him they pay
50k in the scheme won’t break our cap
But DO NOT get the fascination with Dylan Shiel whatsoever- smug over oiled broken down poor kicking midfield whose only trick was meant to be clearance and not convinced he can still do that
I was very very confident in the club’s decision and direction….these calls make you start to question…
It's not that simple. 50k isnt necessarily going to change his mind or impact what Hawthorns offer is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back