List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

This f***en club.

Trade in Dylan Sheil, letting Battle walk for something other than band1.

And you all still want to give your money to this train wreck?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It may be a train wreck, but it’s our train wreck. Go Saints.

Just up the offer by 50k to hit 900k
It’s that and Battle vs pick 30 odd which he’s better value than
Fck Hawthorn if they want him they pay
50k in the scheme won’t break our cap
But DO NOT get the fascination with Dylan Shiel whatsoever- smug over oiled broken down poor kicking midfield whose only trick was meant to be clearance and not convinced he can still do that
I was very very confident in the club’s decision and direction….these calls make you start to question…
All I will say folks is let's keep our powder dry until we know all the facts and see exactly what the final outcome is.

If things end up as several on here have proposed.....then by all means head for the nuclear fallout bunkers.

The bomb blast will be huge.

I'd offer my 10c worth but the tea leaves have been very murky for some time.

Christ how are the melts.

The Club will be very aware of what they need to do, and who they need to speak to, in order to receive Tier 1 compo.

Exactly how they worked through the Gresham situation last year.

Have a little faith, these Operators know how to play the game!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
You do realise that it's the club who has worded up the media to start reporting that it won't be band 1 to prepare the fanbase for when it compo is announced. That's the game the operators are playing right now.

It's also very different to the Gresham situation since we cant threaten to match to get better compo. If Battle has decided to leave, we are at the mercy of whatever Hawthorn has agreed to pay him.

Christ how are the melts.

The Club will be very aware of what they need to do, and who they need to speak to, in order to receive Tier 1 compo.

Exactly how they worked through the Gresham situation last year.

Have a little faith, these Operators know how to play the game!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile ap

It's all certainly turned into a bit of a dilemma TB.

As mentioned above,let's see how it all pans out before going into cosmic meltdown.

All I want to know is who on here is handing out the Flak jackets.

The Flak is flying left.....right and centre.

I will offer my 10c worth.....keep your head down !!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
6OuwfDC.gif

I think saints fans anger would not be directed at the club if our offer is more than hawthorns but battle still decides to leave - what is the club meant to do. They have controlled everything they could have ?

On another note - the fairness aspect - say if we offered battle $900 per season and he still left for the hawks at $850, I still think that should trigger band 1, as classic case of the struggling smaller clubs are trying to hold onto their players, and a player goes to a bigger club and not being compensated fairly ?!?

It just doesn’t make sense.

I’m backing our office in though to know what they’re doing.

Our president would lose it going off about FS and academy, to then lose battle to a pick around 29?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think saints fans anger would not be directed at the club if our offer is more than hawthorns but battle still decides to leave - what is the club meant to do. They have controlled everything they could have ?

On another note - the fairness aspect - say if we offered battle $900 per season and he still left for the hawks at $850, I still think that should trigger band 1, as classic case of the struggling smaller clubs are trying to hold onto their players, and a player goes to a bigger club and not being compensated fairly ?!?

Our president would lose it going off about FS and academy, to then lose battle to a pick around 29?!
Been said before but if he leaves for LESS money then weve got some issues.

Its pretty funny to me that so many people are willing to stick their chins out for this club (which i love, dont get me wrong) when we have such a storied history of being absolutely shit.

1 flag in 151 years, more spoons than any other club, a stack of total failures in drafting and development.

If anything Battle going for band 2 would be RIGHT on brand for us.

Hope it doesnt happen and im not losing my mind over it (at least until it does) but people seriously cant see a world where the saints do this? Thats mind boggling to me.

Its pretty funny to me that so many people are willing to stick their chins out for this club (which i love, dont get me wrong) when we have such a storied history of being absolutely shit.

1 flag in 151 years, more spoons than any other club, a stack of total failures in drafting and development.

Hope it doesnt happen and im not losing my mind over it (at least until it does) but people seriously cant see a world where the saints do this? Thats mind boggling to me.

Spot on. Usually a player will take less money to stay. Sounds like he is taking less to leave.

many have said all along it would be an absolute disaster to lose Battle for anything less than band 1.
It hasn't happened yet but in all likelyhood it will. And there is a real possibility of Dylan Shiel being a Saints.
Scott called us the Harlem Globetrotters, the way we lose players and can't compete for the top class players is more like us being the Washington Generals for all in eternity.

There should be a late withdrawal. Whats the point playing a Hawthorn player?
Exactly. Let Arie have the game or even Cordy to see how he goes with Wilkie and Howard. We keep talking about how we are preparing for next year so let’s do that with the players who will be there.

Also, stop wasting time pandering to someone out the door and let’s put that energy into getting Howard’s contract sorted. Only thing that could make this band 2 situation worse would be if we had to replace our full back too.

If battle leaves and we get band 2 i think we are pretty much done. Those type of outcomes are symptoms of much larger problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back