List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I spoke to Josh briefly at Wednesdays training there is no doubt he is leaving, but I dont think its a decision that has come easy for him. I could see the emotion on his face when I mentioned a couple of things. It is a business decision for both Josh and our club that is not ideal for either party I would think. We need to remember these kids arent robots and he leaving a club and his mates he has been with since he was 18yo wont be easy.

The club played the same game with Gresham last year, but the difference with Josh is I believe there is no way we would let him go if we had other ways to rapidly improve our list holes. Please dont blame Josh for wanting the best for his family.

He is an outstanding young man and I wish him all the best with his future, he will be missed at the Saints.
As long as its band one

I spoke to Josh briefly at Wednesdays training there is no doubt he is leaving, but I dont think its a decision that has come easy for him. I could see the emotion on his face when I mentioned a couple of things. It is a business decision for both Josh and our club that is not ideal for either party I would think. We need to remember these kids arent robots and he leaving a club and his mates he has been with since he was 18yo wont be easy.

The club played the same game with Gresham last year, but the difference with Josh is I believe there is no way we would let him go if we had other ways to rapidly improve our list holes. Please dont blame Josh for wanting the best for his family.

He is an outstanding young man and I wish him all the best with his future, he will be missed at the Saints.
Yeah, it is only football. Good luck young man.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wish him all the luck, no animosity at him at all.

The bolded feels important.

To be clear im not saying we will or wont get band 1 and in spite of my previous post i think this administration is more cluey than many previous ones BUT.

Given our history and the fact the AFL isnt really clear about what triggers it (theres no set criteria we can all hang our hat on) its staggering you and others are so cocksure it will happen.
Because I’ve literally had what I posted in here since June be spot on with the salary figures now out in the media.

We will move if we need just to push the offer at WORST.

I got mine directly from those in the weeds of it all. They aren’t stupid. They are ready to do the dance.

In a few weeks the talk in the media will go from band 2 to band 1 and the Hawk fans and other supporters will be perfectly fine because the hawks paid what they needed to pay to get the player.

And as for the other posts in here alluding the club went to the media with this. It was Battles agent.

The “increased Stkilda offer” is his agents threat. The threat doesn’t stand up if we are leaking it and he is off to Hawthorn without a care in the world.

Battle wants to leave. But it’s been with a really conflicted heavy conscious about. That I believe at times has caused him to backflip both ways.

Ultimately. He will get an offer starting with a 9 and set his family up for life and play for the hawks.

Because I’ve literally had what I posted in here since June be spot on with the salary figures now out in the media.

We will move if we need just to push the offer at WORST.

I got mine directly from those in the weeds of it all. They aren’t stupid. They are ready to do the dance.

In a few weeks the talk in the media will go from band 2 to band 1 and the Hawk fans and other supporters will be perfectly fine because the hawks paid what they needed to pay to get the player.

And as for the other posts in here alluding the club went to the media with this. It was Battles agent.

The “increased Stkilda offer” is his threat. The threat doesn’t stand up if we are leaking it and he is off to Hawthorn without a care in the world.

Battle wants to leave. But it’s been with a really conflicted heavy conscious about. That I believe at times has caused him to backflip both ways.

Ultimately. He will get an offer starting with a 9 and set his family up for life and play for the hawks.
The threat doesnt stand up at all because hes a UFA mate. If he wants to go and hes happy to take less cash we can offer what we like.

Your "ITK" shit doesnt count for anything, its also getting really old. If i had a dollar for everytime you say "as i said" when its utterly meaningless id pay Josh to stay myself.

There are no set goalposts, what you or i think should trigger band 1 counts for SFA. We could do everything right and the AFL might still decide its not band 1, hence my comment that it makes no sense youre all so sure it WILL be band 1. By all rights and from everything weve read it seems like it SHOULD be band 1 but you cant point to a matrix and tick the boxes.

That's nice

If he goes I hope his career is a complete failure and he regrets his decision to leave for the rest of his life.

The threat doesnt stand up at all because hes a UFA mate. If he wants to go and hes happy to take less cash we can offer what we like.

Your "ITK" shit doesnt count for anything, its also getting really old. If i had a dollar for everytime you say "as i said" when its utterly meaningless id pay Josh to stay myself.

There are no set goalposts, what you or i think should trigger band 1 counts for SFA. We could do everything right and the AFL might still decide it’s not band 1, hence my comment that it makes no sense youre all so sure it WILL be band 1. By all rights and from everything weve read it seems like it SHOULD be band 1 but you cant point to a matrix and tick the boxes.
You’re the one quoting me and trying to engage with me.

You don’t like “my shit and it’s getting old”. Hit ignore.

What sort of useless response is this?

You’re the one quoting me and trying to engage with me.

You don’t like “my shit and it’s getting old”. Hit ignore.

What sort of useless response is this?
Well in this specific instance you dont know anything. Even if youre dick waving "im sitting with people ITK" stuff is true it doesnt matter, no one actually knows what specifics trigger band 1, the AFL is deliberately and purposefully ambiguous about it.

More broadly you use it as some sort of ****ing checkmate on a discussion and its cringey and pointless.

Do as you please just know how it looks.

Well in this specific instance you dont know anything. Even if youre dick waving "im sitting with people ITK" stuff is true it doesnt matter, no one actually knows what specifics trigger band 1, the AFL is deliberately and purposefully ambiguous about it.

More broadly you use it as some sort of ****ing checkmate on a discussion and its cringey and pointless.

Do as you please just know how it looks.
clubs have a fair understanding. It isn’t some completely secret sauce recipe 😂

And as I’ve pointed out. The people I talk to are at the club. Whether you like it or not. I’ve always had fantastic info and insight from our clubs point of view.

So yeah, when I see crap like a lot of your negative slanted views on what the clubs is trying to do. I’ll call it out.

For the first time in a long time. They are doing things at a level the good clubs do.

Battle may announce next week ... and the compensation will not be officially confirmed until the signing period. Going to be a looooooooong 5-6 weeks.
I did this count last night. Sadly. 49 days until the end of FA period.

I have to find something else to do. Anyone able to teach a noob how to play NFL Fantasy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clubs have a fair understanding. It isn’t some completely secret sauce recipe 😂

And as I’ve pointed out. The people I talk to are at the club. Whether you like it or not. I’ve always had fantastic info and insight from our clubs point of view.

So yeah, when I see crap like a lot of your negative slanted views on what the clubs is trying to do. I’ll call it out.

For the first time in a long time. They are doing things at a level the good clubs do.
Alright so specifically what triggers it, how many years and dollars? You cant say can you? So there is a chance, and given what we know of the AFL a decent one, that its not band 1 yeh?

My negative slanted views.

JFC.

I forgot where i was and who i was dealing with.

The HS article just repeats what others have said, but adds that it would be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation. People need to stop with the 'chicken little' statements and trust the club. There is no way they are letting Josh go for that and Hawthorn will come to the party to ensure the salary triggers a first round compensation pick.

Its a very different scenario to Gresham last year, his salary was no where close to triggering the top compensation. Plus the club had correctly come to the conclusion that he was significantly over rated for the $$$ he wanted, which has proven to be absolutley correct with his games at Essendon.
We can’t not let him go. We have no say.

Alright so specifically what triggers it, how many years and dollars? You cant say can you? So there is a chance, and given what we know of the AFL a decent one, that its not band 1 yeh?

My negative slanted views.

JFC.

I forgot where i was and who i was dealing with.
All I’ve said is the club is confident and provided the 4 PUBLIC parts to the formula.

That list the highest value for age is 25.
The newest measure is contract length and maxes out at 5 years.

The last 2 are about salary and guaranteed average. So no I can’t answer that part.

The club can. Hence the above.

How are you so challenged here? 😂

The last 2 are about salary and guaranteed average. So no I can’t answer that part.
So you cant say shit about 50% of the criteria but you are absolutely 100% positive its band one...

And im the challenged one...

I admire your confidence in the least successful professional sporting club in just about the history of sports worldwide. Its foolish but admirable.

Why does it always have to be so effing tight with us. Can’t they just pay him 2 million per year OR $14.61 and leftover cold pizza?

Like watching one of our games, except that excruciating pain is done in 3 hours 😂😂

His daughter might play for the Saints one day. Let them run through the banner if they want to. Could even chair him off.

The guy obvisously loves the club. But this is the modern game, get the big bucks for your family while you can.

Why the hell would we chair off a guy for leaving the club

wtf

That's nice

If he goes I hope his career is a complete failure and he regrets his decision to leave for the rest of his life.
I don’t worry about players after they’ve left st Kilda. This much I’ll say about battle I like him as a player but I think both josh and hawthorn will live to regret this move. I know I’ll now have all the hawks are great and never get anything wrong crew coming for me but imo it’s no great coup. Only makes sense to me if you remove Barrass from the picture.

The HS article just repeats what others have said, but adds that it would be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation. People need to stop with the 'chicken little' statements and trust the club. There is no way they are letting Josh go for that and Hawthorn will come to the party to ensure the salary triggers a first round compensation pick.

Its a very different scenario to Gresham last year, his salary was no where close to triggering the top compensation. Plus the club had correctly come to the conclusion that he was significantly over rated for the $$$ he wanted, which has proven to be absolutley correct with his games at Essendon.

Saints have absolutely zero say in what he leaves for. He could sign a 20 year deal at the hawks for 100k a year.

That's nice

No kidding, if we bump our offer up to band 1 levels, and he still leaves and we miss band 1...

I will be booing him wholeheartedly from my couch here in Japan. He'll have to deal with that.
If we get band 1, I'll be quietly supporting him like I do Longy, Acres, Joyce and others who don't go to Essendon.

It does seem early for him to be a UFA, and if that's a result of poor list mgmt - well that's frustrating and disappointing. But no doubt the AFL will find ways to dud us and then dish out band 1s like candy next season to everyone else.

There are no set goalposts, what you or i think should trigger band 1 counts for SFA. We could do everything right and the AFL might still decide its not band 1, hence my comment that it makes no sense youre all so sure it WILL be band 1. By all rights and from everything weve read it seems like it SHOULD be band 1 but you cant point to a matrix and tick the boxes.
Anyone could post 50 times a day and then say "as I said in June" :tearsofjoy:

If Battle does go then all we as a club can do is make him regret it.

Footy is littered with players who regret leaving thier club. Make him part of it.
I'm sure he will regret it like Ben McEvoy does. He has a better chance of playing in a premiership at the hawks don't you think?

I still can't believe we lost Ben to the Hawks. A future captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back