List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes mate he is a gun but how many running players do you want? Someone has to actually win the ball themselves
Looks like we’ll have two first rounders I’d be happy he hear his named called with one of them, quality is quality. Also if and it’s only an if peatling winds up with us he’ll go straight into the midfield.

*hypothetical

IF battle signed on,
Would people trade out next years future first for a pick in the top 10 this year to snag two midfielders and a faster year of development ?

It would take more than that.
Future picks are worth less than current picks, then there's the uncertainty of what pick it is.

Lot of Hunter Clark love. Always injured, hasn’t put on a shred of muscle and still can’t run out a game properly (56 percent game time on the weekend!).

Like him as a player but think he’s been very underwhelming and can’t fathom why he’s been on our list since 2018 and is still unfit. Injuries sure but I can’t remember looking at him and thinking he looks fit.

Hopefully he has a well overdue big off season.
Good luck with that, he will look and have the same fitness levels next year , 100%

Owens and Stocker need to keep away from the gym and just run to get fit and drop some kg's so they can run games out better and get to more contests, Hunter needs to both but since he looks like a biaffrin the least he can do is get fit.
I'm sure all of them need to work on some part of their game including Mr Edd (aka Max ) but the three I mentioned can make a big difference if they can lift the bar

Clark has been a very handy addition to the mids since coming back into the team and managing to play a set of games. He has a great ability to be in the right spot to get the quick kick or handball out.
It helps when you can have consistency without having to have your face operated on every third match.
In saying that I'm with The Steadier when he suggests some high altitude Himalaya running. However with Clark I'd be worried he'd see it as an opportunity for some high altitude Charas smoking.
Flower gets such a bad rap from the conservative nongs on here....smoking's bad yes...oil, gummies Lolly pops, cake, muffins brownies, caramels and cookies are the go!
A big couple of Ayahuasca sessions in the off season by the team and the coaches will help sharpen their focus...they visualize the promised land and the steps to get there will be seen and imprinted in their pyhscie 🥰

Last edited:
List changes discussion can go here, please

just trying to stop this thread being a catch all

Clark has been a very handy addition to the mids since coming back into the team and managing to play a set of games. He has a great ability to be in the right spot to get the quick kick or handball out.
It helps when you can have consistency without having to have your face operated on every third match.
In saying that I'm with The Steadier when he suggests some high altitude Himalaya running. However with Clark I'd be worried he'd see it as an opportunity for some high altitude Charas smoking.
Yep
Hea the guy at the ground sometimes you wonder what he’s done
You get home watch the replay..and see how many deft touches bottom of a pack he gets a hand on to get it going our way …he’s a bit of a freak at it actually…I’m confident when there’s a bottom of the pack scrap…he drags it saints way often
It’s like sometimes when he is tackled or cornered for a kick….has this weird ability to get foot to ball our way ….not often rag dolled
He’s clearly a nature loving naturalist type dude who I’d think off field might be a touch weird …likes sunbathing nude in the woods sorta thing but meh …keep getting it going our way Hunter and you can do what you want…(in legal limits of course…)

Give them our second round (Adelaide’s pick) for both Tsatas and Hobbs, then it might be worth it. Depending on our recruiter’s view of their potential, what’s holding them back at bombers..

Hobbs is one position inside mid. Gets played outside of his best role or as a sub. He dominates at VFL level given his natural spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, we did play some very boring footy mid way through the year, and then some exciting footy in the last 4-5 weeks.
We were boring because the only way we could stay in a game was to lock it down. Our midfield injuries were huge - Crouch, Clark, Jones, Henry, Windy etc and Pou was not ready to be a midfielder.

Our exciting form kind of coincided with our injured players like Wood, Jones and Clark getting back and having a few weeks to get back into form and some good games from Pou on his return..

I don't think its rocket science.

I'd be reluctant given that we have Dow and Stocker in a similar situation.
We could hold onto dozens of other peoples failed drafts and get nowhere.

Both have talent. Scott is playing an older squad trying to get wins. They have been ignoring development for optics.

If you are going to target anyone from the 2022 draft, i'd go for Humphrey. Far superior proposition to Tsatas and Hobbs. Would cost more but there is an A grader in there that hasn't come out yet.

Didn’t he sign on long term?

So Sam Edmund reporting Tomlinson maybe to Saints as UFA.
We would need to trade for him so if Battle leaves we don't lose the compo pick.

Maybe a late second or our old chestnut a future second should be more than the compo Melbourne would get andwe still get the Battle compo.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We would be absolutely idiotic to pay a second round pick for him.

As much as we stuffed up with drafting McCartin, you can see where we were coming from a little bit.

Petracca is a massive flog. Albeit, very good at football.

He and Oliver are sinking the Dees.
The Petracca saga is going to go on for ages, maybe even get legal.
You could understand his angst at the club initially, but he’s coming across as pretty precious now.

Can just hear Richo now…the situation is “very disappointing” 🙄

Anyone paying a second for a bloke in his 30s with a history of injuries who has averaged about 10 games a year for the last 4 has lost their minds.
He and Oliver are sinking the Dees.
The Petracca saga is going to go on for ages, maybe even get legal.
You could understand his angst at the club initially, but he’s coming across as pretty precious now.

Can just hear Richo now…the situation is “very disappointing” 🙄
“G’day Demons fans…”. Oh god he was painful.

A balanced list will sharpen our focus

Hunter Clark operating in a phone box...he is elite...if he plays the whole year next year watch out...Hunter takes Crouch's spot.

I agree- he is like a slippery eel in the clinches.

The problem is that a footy oval is over 2000 square metres.

A phonebox is what- about 2 squares?

Crouch could run all day extracting the pill- hunter only being capable of playing half a game (and being gassed for large parts of that 50%)- means we are down half a bench rotation every week.

Over the course of a season- that's a LOT of extra running his midfield teammates need to do to cover him.
Especially in an endurance taxing gameplan like ross the boss plays.

To offset that- we need clark to be an absolute star, not a meat and potatoes extractor like crouch.

The eagles had a similar problem with nic nat- he couldn't play more than ~50% time on ground.
But they took that on the chin- because the star stuff he did in that 50%, made up for that extra ~30% he was sitting on the pine.

In summary- if clark is able to star in his 50% time on ground- that's fine.
But being a meat and potatoes extractor AND only 50% TOG... yeah nah- trade him and give his mid minutes to windy etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back