List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

*hypothetical

IF battle signed on,
Would people trade out next years future first for a pick in the top 10 this year to snag two midfielders and a faster year of development ?
Future firsts have to be untouchable. We were a miracle kick away from finishing 14th and there’s no guarantee of finishing any higher next year. An injury to Steele or Sinclair and we’re in all sorts.

It is the fact he had little preseason. Dow was the same, Jones slightly better.

All three started to shoe a bit with a block of games. Jones and Clark really started to look like the players we wanted and Dow's last couple of games gives me hope for improvement.
However JVE just showed what will happen if you continue to be injured. Bonner showed what happens when you don't tackle.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bonner was odds on to get another contract 4 weeks ago, Jones almost certainly delisted. Both had form reversals and swapped places for that spot.

For some reason I was dreaming about AFL trades last night and Petracca went to the dogs to play alongside Bontempelli.

When I woke up this morning it came back to me, and I thought...damn, maybe that's not such a crazy idea.
Dogs have a surplus of forwards that the Dees need- could do Naughton for Trac with some pick exchanges as needed.
Trac and Bont are about the same age, and would pretty much guarantee top 4 for the next 2-3 years.

Then we could try to squeeze a surplus mid from the Dogs. Win win win!

On the Clark TOG, we do all realise its a zero sum game, right? If he's on more, someone else is off more?

Most of our inside mids apart from Steele (84% TOG) are pretty low TOG for the team anyway.
As long as the other mids can handle the load, I also dont see the issue with Clark having a lower TOG.

While it would be nice to have him out there more, he does seem tome the most of his minutes so that might just be what is needed to get the best out of him.

For some reason I was dreaming about AFL trades last night and Petracca went to the dogs to play alongside Bontempelli.

When I woke up this morning it came back to me, and I thought...damn, maybe that's not such a crazy idea.
Dogs have a surplus of forwards that the Dees need- could do Naughton for Trac with some pick exchanges as needed.
Trac and Bont are about the same age, and would pretty much guarantee top 4 for the next 2-3 years.

I could 100% see that happening.

I hadn't thought of this, and the Dogs are about to get picks from Geelong for Bailey Smith.

But their crowds have a lower ceiling than ours. So if Petracca has really drunk the "big club" Kool Aid, he puts a line through them for the same reason he puts a line through us.

Also, I reckon Naughton would struggle at Melbourne. It's the elephant in the room for any deal: the Dees are done. Stick a fork in 'em. Why would any contracted key forward want to go there to be beset upon by three key defenders for a team on the slide?

There'd have to be some doubt over whether Petracca will come back the same player. Not getting any younger, lose a little power/pace and all of a sudden you no longer have your main point of difference. Different examples I know but look at Clay Clay this year. Doesn't take much to come back to the pack.

Personally I can't see any club willing to pay up what Melbourne will want. Interesting then to see what they do.

But their crowds have a lower ceiling than ours. So if Petracca has really drunk the "big club" Kool Aid, he puts a line through them for the same reason he puts a line through us.

Petracca is huge on social media through his personal and cooking brands, Instagram, Tik-Tok ... well over 1 million followers overall.

He is a brand in himself.

If he goes to a Carlton or Collingwood or even Sydney ... his personal brand will explode exponentially.

Whats playing out now in the media is probably the reason why Trout and co. balked when we interviewed him for the position of number 1 draft pick. Everything beginning to make a bit more sense.

Anyone think we might try to trade up if/when Battle does leave? Two picks, plus next years first to get creative with. I’d like to bring next years forward and keep the new wave coming in the door ASAP
I would be in for trading our future first into this year. But not sure if we have any takers

I hadn't thought of this, and the Dogs are about to get picks from Geelong for Bailey Smith.

Also, I reckon Naughton would struggle at Melbourne. It's the elephant in the room for any deal: the Dees are done. Stick a fork in 'em. Why would any contracted key forward want to go there to be beset upon by three key defenders for a team on the slide?
Fritsch and V.R would be decent enough company for a good forward, with Pickett running around. Dogs could tell Naughton that he'll be pushed out or pushed back if he stays to motivate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca is huge on social media through his personal and cooking brands, Instagram, Tik-Tok ... well over 1 million followers overall.

He is a brand in himself.

If he goes to a Carlton or Collingwood or even Sydney ... his personal brand will explode exponentially.

Whats playing out now in the media is probably the reason why Trout and co. balked when we interviewed him for the position of number 1 draft pick. Everything beginning to make a bit more sense.
He makes me sick seeing him inhale his food , its like a hoover on full bore ,
I dont think the bloke wants to play anymore , one thing is for sure he is wringing every drop out of his injury media wise

And no I'm not taking it lightly how bad he was hurt, just sayin he was going on about how he could have died ect

I'm not against this. Hit them with the Ayahuasca, and then as the season commences have them Microdosing truffles in order to enhance creativity, keep ones lucidity and focus, and keep the cortisol levels balanced.
Calm, composed, motivated, self assured, and capable minds will win many's the game.
Our losses, when they eventuate, will be an enriching philosophical learning experience for both player and fan alike.
Psychedelics have definitely helped me support StKilda

Bonner was odds on to get another contract 4 weeks ago, Jones almost certainly delisted. Both had form reversals and swapped places for that spot.

Jones showed some real resilience and willingness to be coached, probably some of the best football I have seen him play.

Cudos to him, deserves another contract.

2020 was four years ago, and since then Hunter has had serious injuries and been off the field for a long time- he is talented, but time marches on.
Indeed it does and yes I hope he gets back to peak fitness. Yes that year had shortened quarters but it was the same for everyone yet clark was still top of the list for us. There’s no mention anywhere from his junior days about a lack of pace or tank and we’ve seen when fit he has one. We’ve also seen when he’s fit he’s a better than handy player. I’d like to see him playing 75% plus and getting 30 touches but that may not be how Lyon wants to use him.

Played well under Ratts, and now regained some of that form
Right. So to be clear, you want to make sure that everyone understands that RTB played no part in Jones form resurgence in the back part of the season..........

The agenda gets old really quick.......

Clearly he didn't have a lot of competition either , some are doing 17kms per game so that's a fair drop off
Plenty of good endurance guys in that team, covert the game time to full quarters and he’s covering plenty of ground.

1724804101930.png
Wilson is as good as I’ve seen and even he’s on 16.1, I think you’ll find anything over 15 is elite. Anyway the kid can play and is brave as well as skilful, I hope he has a big off-season then maybe we can forget about the size of his guns. Nick blakey looks like he could sliver up a drainpipe but I’d gladly have him at the saints.

Right. So to be clear, you want to make sure that everyone understands that RTB played no part in Jones form resurgence in the back part of the season..........

The agenda gets old really quick.......
I said nothing about Ratten having a part in this, just stating that in that time he played well. If you have the will to do well and improve yourself and want to keep playing senior AFL footy, then there's every chance you will, and Jones is a actually a talented player and you don't lose talent. Whatever Lyon does is his business.

I'm not against this. Hit them with the Ayahuasca, and then as the season commences have them Microdosing truffles in order to enhance creativity, keep ones lucidity and focus, and keep the cortisol levels balanced.
Calm, composed, motivated, self assured, and capable minds will win many's the game.
Our losses, when they eventuate, will be an enriching philosophical learning experience for both player and fan alike.

You should come up here to the Northern Rivers. Would fit right in. Bring some toxin sourced from a toad gland to gain instant cred.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back