List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of good endurance guys in that team, covert the game time to full quarters and he’s covering plenty of ground.

View attachment 2094379
Wilson is as good as I’ve seen and even he’s on 16.1, I think you’ll find anything over 15 is elite. Anyway the kid can play and is brave as well as skilful, I hope he has a bit off-season then maybe we can forget about the size of his guns. Nick blakey looks like he could sliver up a drainpipe but I’d gladly have him at the saints.
No idea why you raised Darcy , I was talking about your post with 2020 stats
If you want to post the same stats for Hunter as you did for Darcy that would be useful as a reference

Shorter quarters in 2020
I still can’t work out for the life of me what the shorter quarters were meant to achieve?
Gee the authorities floundered during Covid.
When is Ben King coming?

Bonner was odds on to get another contract 4 weeks ago, Jones almost certainly delisted. Both had form reversals and swapped places for that spot.
Lyon did say players were playing for their spots so I guess you never know but I think Bonner had his papers stamped no matter what Jones did.

No idea why you raised Darcy , I was talking about your post with 2020 stats
If you want to post the same stats for Hunter as you did for Darcy that would be useful as a reference
Simply Darcy is elite and he’s not running 17 klms even as a wingman, a position that puts far less stress on the body. It might well be Clark was being used differently back in 2020. Anyway I rate him and hope he has a big year in 2025.

Another guy who’s had a lot of injury issues but can play when he’s fit.
People are quick to forget the mental health issues he had which necessitated a fair bit of in-season time away from the club.

We quite rightly know little about what happened but that certainly must be factored in along with his more widely known soft tissue injuries.

Whatever has happened over the last few years he seems to be in a much better place, and the footy he is playing at the moment is quite exhilarating at times.

Simply Darcy is elite and he’s not running 17 klms even as a wingman, a position that puts far less stress on the body. It might well be Clark was being used differently back in 2020. Anyway I rate him and hope he has a big year in 2025.
Why do you keep bring Darcy into what I was saying , never mind

Apparently into Dan Houston. Not sure how we get that done

We should be using all our valuables on midfielders. He's a very good player, but he's not a midfielder, and we have NAS and Sincs playing his role at an elite standard already.
Not enough good sides have more then 2, injuries form or moving of players around the ground, maybe NAS might even venture into the mid field & we have Webster who is 31 next season.

Apparently into Dan Houston. Not sure how we get that done
Yeah, we have to stay the course. Hopefully we’re just being nuisance value. Yep, he’s very good, but he’s already 27 and will cost big time. We just have to wait a year or two for FA and in the mean time build up the attraction by drafting guns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell are you talking about? Where’s your screenshots to back that up?

You’re the boot sinker and I’m the one who loves them all, or at least that’s what you always infer.
I don’t like bagging our players.

Jones tries hard however most of the time that effort is spent running around like a headless chook. A headless chook will at least run around looking for his head. Jones still has his head, despite attempts by Cotchin to remove it in 2020, and therefore his running around seems to lack the chicken’s sense of purpose, application and focus.

Sometimes he does something that makes you go “wow, that’s impressive”. More often however he does things that make you go “wow, that’s crap!”

He does try; he’s just not very good (at least at this stage of his career). I actually don’t think he’s ever got back to the better form he showed prior to his rather lengthy mental health break in 2022.

Zac will be 30 at the start of next season.

I wish him well but hope the club and the player can part ways in a fashion that is beneficial to both parties.

Look familiar Doc

Like some more ?

What the hell are you talking about? Where’s your screenshots to back that up?

You’re the boot sinker and I’m the one who loves them all, or at least that’s what you always infer.
Jones provides one big advantage for St Kilda over the likes of Poo, Garcia etc.

He enables us to make one of our compulsory list changes at the end of the season without losing someone of value

I think that's enough

I don’t like bagging our players.

Jones tries hard however most of the time that effort is spent running around like a headless chook. A headless chook will at least run around looking for his head. Jones still has his head, despite attempts by Cotchin to remove it in 2020, and therefore his running around seems to lack the chicken’s sense of purpose, application and focus.

Sometimes he does something that makes you go “wow, that’s impressive”. More often however he does things that make you go “wow, that’s crap!”

He does try; he’s just not very good (at least at this stage of his career). I actually don’t think he’s ever got back to the better form he showed prior to his rather lengthy mental health break in 2022.

Zac will be 30 at the start of next season.

I wish him well but hope the club and the player can part ways in a fashion that is beneficial to both parties.

Look familiar Doc

Like some more ?
that's not exactly sinking the boots into him

“St Kilda will not pursue contracted Bombers midfielder Dylan Shiel in this year’s trade period with the club taking a long-term approach to their list build, according to sources familiar with the Saints’ approach.

Although their midfield has been the source of frustration at times in 2024, with opponents getting hold of them at centre clearances and stoppages in some games, they are determined to use draft picks to bring in and develop talent.

The Saints already have emerging players such as Darcy Wilson, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Mitch Owens, Marcus Windhager and Mattaes Phillipou.

They had pick five in their hands until Jack Higgins’ miracle goal against the Blues moved them two spots up the ladder, meaning they have pick seven (or eight), depending on where the bid for Lions’ father-son Levi Ashcroft lands, in this year’s draft.

They are also waiting on Josh Battle to tell them whether he wants to continue with the club or accept an offer to join the Hawks, with the 25-year-old to take a break before finalising his decision.

If Battle leaves, the club could have two top-10 picks in a strong draft, depending on the level of compensation they receive, which would give them flexibility to potentially chase a player or add two quality youngsters to their emerging list via the draft.

In the process, the Saints have been busy, extending small forward Dan Butler for two seasons, with Jimmy Webster also expected to remain. Dougal Howard was open to a move but looks likely to stay with St Kilda.

The Saints are comfortable with Tim Membrey exploring his options as an unrestricted free agent, with the 30-year-old recapturing his ability to consistently score late in the season with 14 goals in the final six matches.

St Kilda on Tuesday delisted Tom Campbell, Riley Bonner, Matthew Allison and James Van Es.”

The Age - https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...mons-remains-a-long-shot-20240826-p5k5eu.html
I don’t understand letting Membrey walk (if it happens). He’s FA and probably won’t get a deal that brings in compensation (it stops at end of second IIRC). I could understand if he was to being in a third rounder at worst, but nothing? Am I missing something?

Yeah, we have to stay the course. Hopefully we’re just being nuisance value. Yep, he’s very good, but he’s already 27 and will cost big time. We just have to wait a year or two for FA and in the mean time build up the attraction by drafting guns.
Say Battle leaves we get pick 8
Use 7 and 8 on midfielders
Use F1 and pick 24 on Houston
Next year FA get LDU

That's 3 midfielders in 2 years and Houston.

I'd be ok with that

Plenty of good endurance guys in that team, covert the game time to full quarters and he’s covering plenty of ground.

View attachment 2094379
Wilson is as good as I’ve seen and even he’s on 16.1, I think you’ll find anything over 15 is elite. Anyway the kid can play and is brave as well as skilful, I hope he has a big off-season then maybe we can forget about the size of his guns. Nick blakey looks like he could sliver up a drainpipe but I’d gladly have him at the saints.
Media love to say “he can run” and miss every other exciting trait he has - leap, marking, finds the goals, smart. I still cannot believe he came with a second rounder.

I don’t understand letting Membrey walk (if it happens). He’s FA and probably won’t get a deal that brings in compensation (it stops at end of second IIRC). I could understand if he was to being in a third rounder at worst, but nothing? Am I missing something?
I doubt Membrey goes anywhere. The club will be open with him that his position isnt guaranteed with the young kids up and coming and just like this year he may find himself in the reserves. He is a RFA so can walk anywhere if he wants to but will almost certainly be year by year if he stays.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back