List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way north wouldn't match the offer anyway and force a trade. He is worth two first round picks every day of the week and free agency compo would only get them one. May as well have a dip this year I reckon

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
North will be lucky to win more then 4 games next year. Yes, they have some up and coming stars but their playing form is just not improving at all.

Meanwhile its unlikely we will have anything lower then pick 8 next year, unless the entire list does an acl, and likewise the following year.

I just wouldnt be so sure they would match if they were faced with pick 3/4 as compensation is all.

The only issue with Soldo would be dealing with Port, I think he and Rowan could work together. Port paid top currency for his trade last year and they would want to be well compensated if he were to leave. I think RTB showed his hand when he tried Campbell for a couple of games this season, he wants to play Marshall forward as much as he can.

I am with you on this thinking. Be surprised if Saints weren't at least sounding Port/Soldo out.

Marshall had the most clearances for us this year. As unimpressive as we are, moving Marshall out of the middle might make us worse at clearances.
You have to look deeper than the headline stats. He also has the most clangers on the list. Marshall's stock standard disposal is bang it forward on the foot and hope for the best and he is even worse by hand. If Marshall is your number 1 clearance beast then you should read it as a red flag. He is not the guy you want setting up plays.

Most of us think he can be a reasonable KPF. He is a big body, gets to contests, is a good mark and a fairly reliable set shot. IF we were to bring in a good tap ruckman, I think Marshall could more than hold his own up forward and relieving in ruck and I don't think we would lose much in the way of quality clearances.

10th in clearance differential ... we play a low stoppage style. Having said that, all of our deficiency is at centre stoppage. We actually beat our opponents this year at non-centre clearances.

Yep- centre square is a horror show- rest not such an issue.

The issue is that close games are often won/lost out of centre square clearances.
I think we are going to continue to lose lots of the close games we are in (like this year) until we get far better at centre square clearances.

You have to look deeper than the headline stats. He also has the most clangers on the list. Marshall's stock standard disposal is bang it forward on the foot and hope for the best and he is even worse by hand. If Marshall is your number 1 clearance beast then you should read it as a red flag. He is not the guy you want setting up plays.

Most of us think he can be a reasonable KPF. He is a big body, gets to contests, is a good mark and a fairly reliable set shot. IF we were to bring in a good tap ruckman, I think Marshall could more than hold his own up forward and relieving in ruck and I don't think we would lose much in the way of quality clearances.

I think everyone around here believes he was more deserving of an All-Australian squad nod than Darcy Cameron. While I am more bullish about Rowan forward than I was three months ago, most of his goals in that most recent period have come while rucking but drifting forward. Having a ruckman defending you (most have no clue how to defend an opponent) is entirely a different kettle of fish to having a proper seasoned key defender wearing you close most of the time.

We have one of the best three ruckmen in the league IMO. There remains a group of St Kilda supporters who insist we can do better than Marshall. I'm not one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, in the Nation's Capital ATM, the place inspires me.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really? I was there a week ago and it depresses me!! I am about to leave Adelaide, and my over-riding thought here is "it could always be worse, I could be in Canberra!"

Yep marshall steals a lot of opportunities for our mids to get quality clearances when he blindly bangs it on his boot.

Not all of romas blind hacks forward are stolen opportunities for our mids- but plenty are

Is Cripps a liability? Daicos?
Cripps is 5 clangers per game.
Daicos is 4.8
Marshall is 4.9.

Yep marshall steals a lot of opportunities for our mids to get quality clearances when he blindly bangs it on his boot.

Not all of romas blind hacks forward are stolen opportunities for our mids- but plenty are

He's stealing it from our opponents.
We don't have elite clearance mids.

Great, Battle’s a solid third defender, Hawks won’t be disappointed. This may be contentious but frankly, 5/6/7 years at 900k or whatever he’s going for is overs IMO, but makes sense for the hawks, especially if they can cover Barrass too.

For us, I’d rather another top 10 pick given where our list is at. Battle is good for his position but he’s not a unicorn, we can cover him for a chance to properly rebuild on the fly.

I also trust/(hope to god) that this won’t decimate our defence, however if Howard goes too then things could get very interesting.

Anything less then band 1, and well, the melts will be glorious.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back