List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Third tall. Battle replacement
He had issues with pericarditis, but has been given the all clear. I would think he'd be viewed as the potential Battle replacement. A likely prospect until his health problems set him back. It's a yes from me, as long as he's very cheap.

Worth a punt, especially when compared to Tomlinson and Laverde.

He had issues with pericarditis, but has been given the all clear. I would think he'd be viewed as the potential Battle replacement. A likely prospect until his health problems set him back. It's a yes from me, as long as he's very cheap.

Yeah at 21 he's young ay, and has been racking it up at VFL level. Contracted to 2025 though so may not be easy to nab, although with Battle and Barrass coming in his opportunities will be gone.

Hope we don't draft a tall back. Our recent ones haven't been up to it: Van Es, Adams, Highmore, Clavarino.

They were all from past recruitment teams, their failure is not a reason to over look one now. You are a bit harsh on Van Es he broke his ankle and had resulting complications that caused his delisting. He was projecting like he had a future he was just really unlucky.

MoleMassive mole
meet GIF

I’ve watched a bit of Essendon/Laverde this year and I absolutely don’t rate him in any regard. I can only assume the Bombers have shite depth because he seemed noticeably below the level. Sentiments echoed by Bombers fans whenever I amused myself reading their board. Late season I think the Lions Dons game final round commentators were discussing whether Laverde could save his career. FWIW the one person backing him was Dermie but said he had to be moved out of the backline, said he had the physical attributes in theory but was a poor judge of the ball in flight and often loses 1-on-1’s. Just a hard No from me!

I guess the question is, " Is Laverde as bad as Cordy". Or "Is Tomlinson as bad as Cordy" . If the answer is "Yes" forget about them and try to get Alleer.

Our interest in him was mentioned by a Hawks fan sometime ago. If we got him and one of Tomlinson or Laverde plus whoever we draft our tall defender depth would be sorted.

You’d probably only want one of the three, at least Serong has some upside.

But if we pick Trainor in the draft, would prefer experienced Tomlinson for two seasons.
I reckon with a permanent spot, he will get back to his dependable GWS days. Was 4th in line at Melbourne fc., behind some very good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Younger version of Battle? Tallish utility type that’s adaptable but not really great at anything yet.
Drafted as a key forward who has found a home down back in Hawthorns VFL side.

If this is accurate - has had some big games in a Battle like role. Sometimes playing as a genuine key back.

1725170075236.png

He’s usually playing on the best forward one on one. Third tall interceptors are getting much less exposed. Barrass is an A grade defender. Stats are handy but any one that goes and watches them play would realise stats are handy but not the full story. Sam Taylor is probably the best tall back in the league but his stats make him look average.

It’s still 1 in 3 though. That’s not great, even allowing for the way the ball is going in there.

I don’t think he is as good as an accountable backman. He gets exposed in that area. But he is very good when peeling away and chopping the ball off.

Battle is not dissimilar there. Too short for the talls but too tall for the smalls. But good when peeling away. I’m wondering whether they have got 2 of the same type.

Last edited:
Drafted as a key forward who has found a home down back in Hawthorns VFL side.

If this is accurate - has had some big games in a Battle like role. Sometimes playing as a genuine key back.

View attachment 2098096

What would he cost in a trade. Was drafted at pick 53 in 2021.

He would assume that he won’t get a chance at Hawthorn with Battle going there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back