List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone watch the SANFL final on Sunday?

I see a couple of young blokes were named at FB for both sides, be interesting to see how they went & if any good maybe a cheap late chance?
Will Coomblas for Sturt & George Kendall for Centrals

Surely he deserved a bit more than 2? I don’t understand why the club doesn’t rate him. He’s starting to get his flowers in the media now too

Do we know that's all the club offered him, or is that all that he and his manager agreed to at this point in time? A view to earning a lot more in 2 years?

Disagree actually.
Improvement isn’t always linear.
Season injury to Crouch and many other important first 22 players means finals were always going to be a reach.

Let’s look at the positives:
Once we got players back the game plan clearly clicked.
See W/L since the bye.
Beat 4 top 8 teams. And last year’s premier.
Lost many games very narrowly, well documented.
The green shoots developing - playing Wilson, Garcia, Arie and Hastie
(granted, the latter few just a few games)
Improvement from Pou, Windy, Nas, Sharman and Caminiti. I’d even go so far as to say Jones and Howard have been coached to play differently and have improved.

The list/ game plan is in a better place now than the same time last year.
I’d say that’s moving forward.

We measure success on finals. He's pretty much mirrored Ratts so far. He's played plenty of youth but also has had much better youth to work with. I rate Lyon but he has to move us forward quickly or we are better off starting to phase into someone younger before the older crew start to fall over.

Try to win some finals and hit the competition with the kind of energy that some of the younger up and going coaches have. We don't want the Rodney Eade Bulldogs. We want to start climbing up the ladder and challenging.

Not sure the game plan is definitively better than last year, again mirrors this year. Played some good footy that won us games, had long flat spots that destroyed momentum etc. He gets an injury let off of but he doesn't get it forever.

At the end of the day we can't just accept the long slow rebuild chipping off players to buy him time. He's an employee that has to meet expected targets or piss off. I hope he wins us a flag but if he's not pushing us towards one quickly he's not the right guy.

Do we know that's all the club offered him, or is that all that he and his manager agreed to at this point in time? A view to earning a lot more in 2 years?

If he did I don't mind it. Means he thinks that he can push his value higher through performance.

If he did I don't mind it. Means he thinks that he can push his value higher through performance.
I reckon there’d be a few players his age, and career progression that back themselves in to get slice of some very real pie in 2 years time once the increases start to unfold.

I see a lot for Wilks in his recent improvement in marking and form. He always had the raw talent but he’s getting the body work and craft into his game now.

If they did rate him highly enough though the club could have paid slightly overs now at his lowest market value to bet on him out performing the contract. We all know how much key forwards can command in salary.

Well If what your saying is the case I can’t blame him or his management, he’s come into the AFL the hard way and is behind the earning 8-ball compared to his 200cm full forward colleague. Backing himself in to perform is actually a good sign too.

I just get the sense that they underrated Sharmo and preferred Cama because he was a Ross and SOS find.

I reckon there’d be a few players his age, and career progression that back themselves in to get slice of some very real pie in 2 years time once the increases start to unfold.

Waterman backed himself to sign it and then negotiate when he wanted more.

We measure success on finals. He's pretty much mirrored Ratts so far. He's played plenty of youth but also has had much better youth to work with. I rate Lyon but he has to move us forward quickly or we are better off starting to phase into someone younger before the older crew start to fall over.

Try to win some finals and hit the competition with the kind of energy that some of the younger up and going coaches have. We don't want the Rodney Eade Bulldogs. We want to start climbing up the ladder and challenging.

Not sure the game plan is definitively better than last year, again mirrors this year. Played some good footy that won us games, had long flat spots that destroyed momentum etc. He gets an injury let off of but he doesn't get it forever.

At the end of the day we can't just accept the long slow rebuild chipping off players to buy him time. He's an employee that has to meet expected targets or piss off. I hope he wins us a flag but if he's not pushing us towards one quickly he's not the right guy.
Nothing, and l repeat Nothing, going on atm even remotely compares to what went on under Ratts.
He did literally nothing.

Because you go now with the draft class that appears to be very good, and while we are still guaranteed a good pick/picks.
Who says we don’t rise up the ladder next year?
Why wait?
If we are rising up the ladder then the list isn't that bad.

You seem to think one first a second and a couple of dodgey NGA's is doing that?
Brisbane, the flag favourite, get a top 3 mid for crap picks and keep their first.

The flag favourite is already ahead of us re drafting position this year.

To get better we need high quality players.

We have been hitting the draft since 21 and will do so this year and next.
2021 we got Naz and we're lucky to get 2 good but not elite NGA's. Adams a bust
2022 looks like a bust except Pou. Draft night most people were saying we have drafted really well.
2023 looks really good, all look like they can make it.
So there is eight youngsters who will probably for the basis going forward.
2024, we will have two top ten.
Let me give you our last three firsts
NAZ pick 13
Pou pick 10
Wilson pick 18
Imagine what they can do with two top tens, a second and whatever else we have.

So it's not just one first rounder propelling us up the ladder, it's the drafts from the previous three years, plus 24 plus 25, before Tassie compromises it.

People tell us to look forward 5 years, but seemingly keep the same line up that has us constantly mediocre.
Unless we get elite new blood into the club we die.
Due to AFL corruption there are no alternatives to us shopping capital.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
How many of those are put of contract next year. NAS is, Pou? Wilson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mac Andrew that good?
Admittedly haven't seen much of him but watching him in the Bombers game prior to slotting the winner he was bang average and looked out of his depth.

Is Mac Andrew that good?
Admittedly haven't seen much of him but watching him in the Bombers game prior to slotting the winner he was bang average and looked out of his depth.
Some of his games in defence were unbelievably good. Athleticism for days but he also has a real appetite for the contest and takes the game on. Reads the play well too. I don't think he looked as natural when they swung him up forward but he's still only 20, who knows where he ends up playing his best footy.

Incidentally his brother Riak has a state combine invite after being overlooked last year. Not sure if he is still Melbourne NGA eligible or not. Played some good games against decent opposition this year. Maybe worth pursuing if we think we can do what Carlton did with the Hollands brothers and become Mac's preferred destination (money aside). Hopefully have better luck than trying to reunite the Kings.

So it’s not a claim for damages under contract, it’s an appeal for rectification of those, or at least recognition, on a forward basis. That takes media strategy. I have been part of these at state government, or victim you may say… ;) ours could be a LOT better if we chose that way forward.

Fair point but it’s different in government because they’re scared of the Herald Sun putting them on the front page, and ultimately there’s always more money to throw at a political problem to make it go away. (Open question whether that’s good governance!) And it’s not zero sum, me getting compo doesn’t affect the resources available to you.

Whereas in the AFL world, if we get compo then others don’t - hence why all our supporters seem to hate North. So it’s much more adversarial, if we push then the big clubs argue against it, the media support them, and the AFL has an easy decision.

Sharman just turned 24.
He would have requested 2 years max so he's coming out of contract as he hits free agent status.

Very common.

Either that or Cairnsman is actually SOS?

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Since when did a lockdown full back have to "get near it"??

If you genuinely think Cole won't make it because he didn't accumulate a few more disposals then you really need to study what type of player he is
Obviously you choose to read and absorb what you want , I said he may make it but at this stage is miles off it .

Where did I say he wont make it ? I suggest you read the post next time before handing out your expert advise

Exactly, players like Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie will be like Stuv, Armo etc and play out a whole career with no vision for a flag in their time. We move so slowly that clubs like Collingwood and Dogs have won flags rebuilt and challenged again in the time that we still haven’t finished the one started in 2011. Stavro seems to think we aren’t going to challenge until our under 21s are older players.

If I was a manager I would not be sending players to us. We have low ambition.

Collingwood: Moore, Daicos x 2, Quaynor (NGA)
Doggies: Darcy, Ugle-Hagan, Croft

No accident they were able to rebuild on the fly.

There's very little more important to the integrity of the league and any chance of our success than killing the Father-Son rule and the academies, digging them up, and killing them a second time. The rules are so egregious we need to go full Oliver Cromwell on their backsides.

whats happened to the new thread that dealt with the actual goings on,re delistings trade requests etc?

i had given these other personal opinion threads away to stick with the facts,now its gone

Obviously you choose to read and absorb what you want , I said he may make it but at this stage is miles off it .

Where did I say he wont make it ? I suggest you read the post next time before handing out your expert advise
Akaifu actually said he would take time too. It was just your pretty silly observation about a kid in defence coming in and playing VFL for the day that rankled him.
"Advice", by the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back