List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

OK then how about a farewell at the ground?
Not sure. Maybe because it wasn’t our home game?
Pretty sure they’ll do something at our first home game next season.
Was unfortunate. Would probably have played him as the sub or something if he was fit.
I doubt they just said, yeah stuff that.

On the other hand, think I may have heard that he wants to play on elsewhere? If that did eventuate, would he still get a farewell? It appears Membrey has suitors elsewhere too. If he left for another club, I don’t think they’d do the whole farewell thing would they?

Battle was refused the run through the banner - which was the weirdest request I’ve ever heard.

Not sure. Maybe because it wasn’t our home game?
Pretty sure they’ll do something at our first home game next season.
Was unfortunate. Would probably have played him as the sub or something if he was fit.
I doubt they just said, yeah stuff that.

On the other hand, think I may have heard that he wants to play on elsewhere? If that did eventuate, would he still get a farewell? It appears Membrey has suitors elsewhere too. If he left for another club, I don’t think they’d do the whole farewell thing would they?

Battle was refused the run through the banner - which was the weirdest request I’ve ever heard.

Given the news regarding "Mrs Mitchell" and recruiting, maybe it wasn't Josh that wanted to leave.

Given the news regarding "Mrs Mitchell" and recruiting, maybe it wasn't Josh that wanted to leave.

Certainly sounds like it, doesn’t it?
Ah well, we will survive with pick 8.
Moving on.

Blindingly obvious that many on here haven’t watched Dan Houston play. He’s a star and I know everyone falls in love with the draft every year but picks are way overvalued in general. Pick 8 for Houston would be a bargain in a vacuum, which is why Port would probably never do it anyway.

Yes he’s a half back, but why not move him or NAS up the ground? Why not try and contend while Sinclair, Steele, Wilkie and Marshall are still around?

Blindingly obvious that many on here haven’t watched Dan Houston play. He’s a star and I know everyone falls in love with the draft every year but picks are way overvalued in general. Pick 8 for Houston would be a bargain in a vacuum, which is why Port would probably never do it anyway.

Yes he’s a half back, but why not move him or NAS up the ground? Why not try and contend while Sinclair, Steele, Wilkie and Marshall are still around?
Pick 8 and next year second round pick should do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer us to get Serong rather than Brayshaw but we probably won't get either.

I remember there was a rumour years ago that we might get Fyfe, we are more of a chance of getting him now that he's cooked.

Brayshaw I can see being more of a (slight) chance considering family connections and a big money long term contract would certainly be on his mind considering his bro had a career cut short.

Having said that, Jai Serong looks cherry ripe, contract until next year but hopefully we can shake him free as Battles replacement.

Maybe Battle might do a Gunston🥰

Sounds like a challenge to the good doctor. 🤔
Accepted, though fail to see how this would benefit our club 🤪

SWQ9cVH.jpeg

Because pick 8 and something else isn't what you spend on a replacement to then experiment with your best young player in another position.

Someone can simultaneously be an excellent player and a horrible fit for a club in terms of needs and price.

Because pick 8 and something else isn't what you spend on a replacement to then experiment with your best young player in another position.

Someone can simultaneously be an excellent player and a horrible fit for a club in terms of needs and price.
Houston would play as a mid for us. Instantly would probably be our best mid

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston would play as a mid for us. Instantly would probably be our best mid
He is not a mid. An AA HBF'er costing two firsts and then play him out of position?

Not really smart in my opinion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Hawks have built a really nice midfield through smart drafting haven't they? Worpel was pretty late, Newcombe mid season, Ward and Day high picks. I always thought they seemed a bit vanilla but they can win the ball and spread. Destroyed the Dogs last night.

They look years ahead of us in their rebuild now and are taking one of our best players. It's a bit depressing.

Just makes me think we need to keep nailing the draft. No short cuts. Have to be patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back