List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Reid is going he will spend 30% of his career suspended. His ego is that huge he spends his entire game in dick measuring contests rather than playing footy. He reminds me of a young Toby Green, by the time he matures he will be nearly burnt out.

He'll be an absolute gun.

Limp noodle attitudes will get us nowhere.

We can't draft.
We can't do well from other club's players.
Nobody will come to us.
Players might leave us.

Reid to King (when he's not bursting through and kicking them himself)? Yeah that'll do me thanks. Would be the 3rd elite mid we've had in my lifetime, and while we have a gun key forward. Yes please. I used to rock up to Moorabbin every game just to watch Nicky and Plugger play. Would just about fly over from Japan for Harley and Max.
Only trouble with that is Max doesn't leed like plugger but stands in the goal square and tries to wrestle like plugger

We can't draft.
Nobody will come to us.
Players might leave us.

Reid to King (when he's not bursting through and kicking them himself)? Yeah that'll do me thanks. Would be the 3rd elite mid we've had in my lifetime, and while we have a gun key forward. Yes please. I used to rock up to Moorabbin every game just to watch Nicky and Plugger play. Would just about fly over from Japan for Harley and Max.
How good if instead of using 3 first rounders on one player... we just used three first rounders on 3 players.

How good if instead of using 3 first rounders on one player... we just used three first rounders on 3 players.
Would be nice too, but the greats are easily worth more than pick 7,8 and ?.
Would trade those picks in a heartbeat for a Dusty, Gaz Jr, even a Banger/Hayes.
Reid is the most likely to reach those levels of the kids around today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be nice too, but the greats are easily worth more than pick 7,8 and ?.
Would trade those picks in a heartbeat for a Dusty, Gaz Jr, even a Banger/Hayes.
Reid is the most likely to reach those levels of the kids around today.
Nobody’s worth that this isn’t the NFL and we don’t have quarterbacks. Is he bont good ? the bulldogs have some very good players and him and their out of the finals. Is he daicos good ? same story. LDU is the saviour dream for next year, seven seasons 108 games 19 wins 😳.

You need to draft your stars because chasing someone else’s and paying those prices is only arguably worth it for teams in a flag window. Free agents on the other hand are gold but we all know where the top ones go and that’s to flag contenders. No we need to hit the draft and trade smart, this is a deep draft we need more picks not less. This is the sort of draft where you might just find another bargain like Sinclair, Marshall or Wilkie with a late pick.

Just for a laugh if I could have any three young guys I’d take Darcy, Reid and Scheezel.

Melbourne offered 6, 11 and what turned out to be pick 6 this year as well for Reid. Scary thing is I reckon it may still have been worth it.

I wouldn't be against a cheeky offer of 7, 8 & 2025 1st for him. We have the cash and need a marquee player to put us on his back and give guys like Steele, Sinclair, Marshall etc a chance at a flag.

Add in Macrae who also instantly improves our midfield, why can't we challenge for a flag every year for the next 5 years?
I think I’d do it

We can't draft.
Nobody will come to us.
Players might leave us.

So only two elite mids since at least plugger / winmar days…

Who did you leave out?! 🤣

That’s my point it only works when you’re in a position to top up. Are we 1 A grader away from a contending team or already contending and looking to push for a flag. No we’re not and as such we need to keep building through the draft and smart trading. If we reach the point where a player like that gives us a shot at a flag then I’ll back paying the price.

Take any three players you like and add them to our list and tell me if you’re putting every penny you have on the saints to win next years flag.
Easy argument to make because even the best list in the world isn't a dead cert to win an AFL flag, there's to many variables; umpiring decisions, injuries, coaching, oppo teams playing above themselves on any particular day. When was the last time the best list was bolted on to win a premiership?

The coaches who vote in the BnF go to every game... and they work in the industry.
They do indeed and that was his best year by far. It’s not as though I said he couldn’t play, he rated him a B grader they’d overpaid for. The knock was he’s third banana behind Cripps and Walsh, lacks a yard of pace, doesn’t have huge hurt factor, doesn’t kick many goals.

Unfortunately he’s injured entering his most productive years and we’re not in the race for him anyway. Let me ask you this as you obviously rate him higher than a B grader. Was Seb Ross an A grader he’s a two time B&F ?. How many mids would you take in front of him ? I’d take a lot so I’m comfortable with a solid B grader rating and I’m not handing over an early first for that.

Easy argument to make because even the best list in the world isn't a dead cert to win an AFL flag, there's to many variables; umpiring decisions, injuries, coaching, oppo teams playing above themselves on any particular day. When was the last time the best list was bolted on to win a premiership?
Maybe but I think it’s pretty clear if you can’t be confident with any three you like the impact of 1 footballer even a great one is often overrated.

Archie Perkins, Nik Cox and Zach Reid or a guy who shows all the signs of being the best player of his generation. Hmm let me think. Bird in the hand, every time. WC already knocked back 6 + 11 + F1 for a reason. You reckon Port regret what they gave up for JHF? We're still allowed to draft players... just a little later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back