List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't looked into Liam Bakers contract situation whether he's contracted or not

Any chance of us getting involved here?
Saints give picks 7 and 24
West Coast give pick 3
Richmond give Baker
Saints get 3
West Coast get 7 and Baker
Richmond get 24

We get one of the top 3 guys, ideally Draper. Does this undervalue Baker?

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No chance 24 is enough compo for a team to drop from pick 3 to 7, even in an even draft

You obviously don’t watch the game if you don’t respect Owies… has kicked 50 goals in the last 2 years when 95% of the ball goes to McKay or Curnow. Excellent player and Carlton fans love him for a reason.

It's easy to know where the balls is going as a small forward if 95% of the ball is going to the same 2 players.

He is a one way player, there is a reason he is the last in line / wait and see when it comes to a contract.

Wilson emergency????????? Give me some of your good stuff
Clearly rate your own opinion. Wilson will be a good player for us but let’s face it, he played one really good game in the second half of the season. If he was a 3rd year player we would have played a good chunk of that time at Sandy. He won’t be gifted games in his second year, just like Phillipou.

Garcia is decent. If he comes for a future pick or two he's worth it.

Yeah Garcia could be handy for midfield depth.

I don't think he would be a walk up start in our best midfield but we don't have an embarrassment of riches in that department.

There is also some talk we could get Jack Macrae as well, I wouldn't be against that idea either if we could pick him up cheap.

He has been squeezed out of the strong Dogs midfield but he is still a quality midfielder that can float forward and kick goals.

Clearly rate your own opinion. Wilson will be a good player for us but let’s face it, he played one really good game in the second half of the season. If he was a 3rd year player we would have played a good chunk of that time at Sandy. He won’t be gifted games in his second year, just like Phillipou.
Okay, but he wasn't a third year player so not sure why that's relevant in the slightest?

He's the best runner at the club, the things he does for our structure aren't recorded on the stats sheet. Then add in a second AFL-level pre-season, you'd expect him to improve his game to another level especially with a bigger body

Nothing like Phillipou. Pou was having zero impact even as a simple role player, hence why they switched his position. Wilson, even on off days, is still working his ass off and getting in good spots that shift opposition structures and creates space for teammates. He doesn't need big numbers to have a solid impact as a role player

If you have a 19 year old who is capable of winning games off his own boot AND has a relatively low floor in terms of game-day performance, you play them every chance you get

As long as he has at least an average AFL-level pre-season, he will be best 22 come round 1 (or 0 if AFL stop disciminating against us)

No Wilson is actually criminal. Especially when the Doggies Garcia gets a walk up start

It’s not about position, it’s about role

Assume you play three small forwards in a starting 22 - if you have 3 Jack Higgins then it doesn’t work because there’s limited forward pressure

We need depth behind Butler as a small pressure forward. That’s why we drafted Collard - although he’s a goal kicker, he also has the speed to form a part of the ground level pressure team like what Kozzy does at Melbourne

Now, I agree on your point that Owies isn’t an ideal target, but I do believe we should chase a cheap small forward. Someone like Rosas (although he might be a tad expensive). Definitely will be others of a similar type to be delisted in the coming weeks

Can argue that Henry is this type, but he’s capable of way better things further up the ground than to be restricted to the pure pressure forward role. Same for Wilson

Hotton and Hall are mid/fwds, neither of them can play Butler’s role at all. They’re more Henry replacements if anything
Yeah l'm not arguing his role, l'm arguing we have more important needs.

Your points have validity but we just don't structure with three small forwards, if we change that structure or look to play 3 or even 4 smalls then sure.

Take 7 and 8 get two of Smilie Reid Lalor Langford let them play 15 games each and we enter another year of discovery.

Filing the void left by Battle Marchbank No Tomlinson probably Cordy jury is out.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s wrong with Schooers playing Battles role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree
☝️
Lets
Deepend him
How stkilda develop kids

Snow Surprise GIF

It’s his running capacity that’s his 1 wood

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back