List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all good teams are built with ‘big fish’ - look at what Hawthorn have done with Scrimshaw, Ginnivan, Chol, Meek, Amon, Impey etc.
They’ve done nothing and no reason to believe they’re any better than we were in 2020.

Geelong a better example for mine, they have some big fish yes, but a hell of a lot of role players.

We are still a chance to land a big fish.

291570.png

I made the mistake of listening to 3AW for a bit today as SEN was talking horses... anyway the topic of Macrae's potential suitors came up.

I can't remember everything but North was the one everyone thought would be a good fit, followed by Geelong.

Eventually the got to St Kilda but said that why would we want him when we just got rid of Seb Ross. That was pretty much it. I can't remember if it was that segment or not but I remember someone saying something like, who doesn't St Kilda chase?

Surely anyone with any knowledge would know that Crouch may never play again. Seb, whilst he was a loyal servant during a period where we were terrible, he well he fell off a cliff and was never in the same category as Macrae.

Realistically, I couldn't think of a list who needed a player like Macrae any mire than ours. We have Steele then a massive gap. In the midfield we have some promising kids, a few injury prone players with ok experience, then nothing. Where's the Crouch replacement? The bloke who can win a clearance and accumulate disposals at will?

I know media can be lazy, but I really can't imagine a better landing spot for Macrae than Moorabbin.

As long as that fish isn't a "trout".

He's past his use by date but he would give us great leadership in our rehab group which has been lacking since Hanners retired,

I made the mistake of listening to 3AW for a bit today as SEN was talking horses... anyway the topic of Macrae's potential suitors came up.

I can't remember everything but North was the one everyone thought would be a good fit, followed by Geelong.

Eventually the got to St Kilda but said that why would we want him when we just got rid of Seb Ross. That was pretty much it. I can't remember if it was that segment or not but I remember someone saying something like, who doesn't St Kilda chase?

Surely anyone with any knowledge would know that Crouch may never play again. Seb, whilst he was a loyal servant during a period where we were terrible, he well he fell off a cliff and was never in the same category as Macrae.

Realistically, I couldn't think of a list who needed a player like Macrae any mire than ours. We have Steele then a massive gap. In the midfield we have some promising kids, a few injury prone players with ok experience, then nothing. Where's the Crouch replacement? The bloke who can win a clearance and accumulate disposals at will?

I know media can be lazy, but I really can't imagine a better landing spot for Macrae than Moorabbin.
Yeah, that is not a very nuanced observation by the 3AW lot. Just because Seb doesn’t get a gig, doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be desperate for some decent mids. Sounds lazy.

Any analyst/journo/media 'expert' that's not from AFL Media/Fox Footy/SEN is utterly clueless. No one listens to them so they have zero accountability for making uninformed assumptions

We are the front-runners for Macrae. Geelong shouldn't even be in the conversation, they've ruled themselves out. North are only interested if Parker doesn't arrive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would loved to have called up and asked them to name our 2nd best midfielder.

That simple exercise is all thats needed to explain why we are chasing Macrae.

Did you watch the game?
Peatling got 2 kicks for two goals in the first qtr and after that had a total of 8 possessions for the rest of the game.

After the first qtr he didn't do much when he was in the midfield and Zorko then torched him when he went forward.

Anyway it doesn't matter - he'll be staying at GWS.

I am assuming if the GWS coaching staff and the players themselves, could not arrest that slide last night, particularly given what had happened the previous week, then few of us mortals would have a clue. I’m just gonna say bad luck. It was a case of bad luck and every conceivable dice roll went Brisbane’s way. Is there any other way to see it?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back