List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets a start for a much better side than ours my friend.
Pint sized battler from WA, too good for the vfl but maybe not up to it at afl level. Sounds very familiar to several players we’ve had in the past who could run up the numbers at sandy. Where do you see him playing if he makes it, small pressure forward ?.

I’m not sure what you’re missing with Wilson but the kids been fantastic for us. He can really play and has had a few outstanding games, his work off the ball is incredible. I have him as our third best youngsters rising fast behind Nas and Poo, sky’s the limit on this kid get on board.

I am assuming if the GWS coaching staff and the players themselves, could not arrest that slide last night, particularly given what had happened the previous week, then few of us mortals would have a clue. I’m just gonna say bad luck. It was a case of bad luck and every conceivable dice roll went Brisbane’s way. Is there any other way to see it?

Whately talking all week about how small forwards are what builds premierships. When the game was to won Daniels stuffed up that off the ground advantage goal and that little dude with the helmet got found out. End of the day, small forwards can be flakey when the going gets tough

Archie Perkins, Nik Cox and Zach Reid or a guy who shows all the signs of being the best player of his generation. Hmm let me think. Bird in the hand, every time. WC already knocked back 6 + 11 + F1 for a reason. You reckon Port regret what they gave up for JHF? We're still allowed to draft players... just a little later on.
For every Perkins Cox and Reid there is a Young Serong and Henry.

Last edited:
Not all good teams are built with ‘big fish’ - look at what Hawthorn have done with Scrimshaw, Ginnivan, Chol, Meek, Amon, Impey etc.
Yep.
Hawthorn were all chips in for Several players last year, McKay being one...it's almost like they were saved from themselves lol, with who they were chasing.

if Richmond have stated they’d like to spread out their picks over multiple years. I hope we can either trade directly with them or in a 3 way trade to get an extra top pick this year, by offering our first next year (everyone thinks we’re no hopers so it will be valued highly.
We must take Dodson, he will be Dean Cox
Then next year we can try lure free agents.

if Richmond have stated they’d like to spread out their picks over multiple years. I hope we can either trade directly with them or in a 3 way trade to get an extra top pick this year, by offering our first next year (everyone thinks we’re no hopers so it will be valued highly.
We must take Dodson, he will be Dean Cox
Then next year we can try lure free agents.
I tend to think the same, though l reckon Richmond will still want however many they can get in the 1st round. They have a big bunch of later picks that they'll be keen to move on which is probably what they'd be referring to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS received that pick from Adelaide

But they still had the pick a point in time.

I’m sure that is the rule (or it was).

A club cannot trade-in a pick they have traded-out.

At a draft a few years ago Melbourne and Adelaide were blocked from completing a live trade for that very reason.

But I stand to be corrected if wrong or if the rule is nuanced.

Not sure their coaching is all that good either. They melt a lot when the heat is applied.
I felt like they created enough solid opportunities in both games to have won. Hogan pushed up too high too often for my liking and they overuse handball which is their MO. Strange they didn’t seem to have a plan B especially with the talent they have.

Wilson's stats for his first year, compared to player who shall remain nameless.

Wilson: 23 games P1 : 16 games.
Wilson : Averaage Disposals 15 P1 : 11
Wilson : average contested possessions : 5 P1: 5
Wilson : Average clearances 1 P1 1.5
Wislons: Average tackles 2 P1 ,1

Who is Player1?

L Hayes

Not all good teams are built with ‘big fish’ - look at what Hawthorn have done with Scrimshaw, Ginnivan, Chol, Meek, Amon, Impey etc.

Hawthorn is already yesterdays news. The premiership this year will be won by a team with a deck full of aces.

But they still had the pick a point in time.

I’m sure that is the rule (or it was).

A club cannot trade-in a pick they have traded-out.

At a draft a few years ago Melbourne and Adelaide were blocked from completing a live trade for that very reason.

But I stand to be corrected if wrong or if the rule is nuanced.
I am not sure either

Hawthorn is already yesterdays news. The premiership this year will be won by a team with a deck full of aces.
Sydney - Grundy (for cheap), Jordon for free, Adams for cheaps. Everyone via academy and draft

Geelong - Dangerfield for free, Henry for cheap, Stengle for free, Bowes for literally negative payment, Bruhn for cheap. JC the only big one but that’s a generational key forward

Port Adelaide - BZT, Ratugolea, Aliir, Narkle, Evans, Sweet all for next to nothing. JHF the only big one

Brisbane - probably the one that’s traded most; Neale, Dunkley, Cameron. But that’s because they’ve nailed their later picks - Andrews, Omac, Payne, Berry, Starcevich

So unless Brisbane win the premiership, seems like it’ll be another team built by cheap trades that prevails

Their main mid Tom Greene cant run out games he was ineffective when it counted again.
Interestingly when they convincingly beat us in the final last year, twice, they got to 42 points up for us to drag it back to 24 points twice.
They have a habit of taking the foot off the pedal. Came back to bite them twice.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney - Grundy (for cheap), Jordon for free, Adams for cheaps. Everyone via academy and draft

Geelong - Dangerfield for free, Henry for cheap, Stengle for free, Bowes for literally negative payment, Bruhn for cheap. JC the only big one but that’s a generational key forward

Port Adelaide - BZT, Ratugolea, Aliir, Narkle, Evans, Sweet all for next to nothing. JHF the only big one

Brisbane - probably the one that’s traded most; Neale, Dunkley, Cameron. But that’s because they’ve nailed their later picks - Andrews, Omac, Payne, Berry, Starcevich

So unless Brisbane win the premiership, seems like it’ll be another team built by cheap trades that prevails

Dangerfield wasn't for free, Crows matched and made them trade for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back