List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right. Additionally, if Daniels doesn’t cost his team a certain goal by wasting the umpire’s “advantage” call then GWS holds on to win.

But they look so fragile when the heat is applied to them. You could see Brisbane were going to get them near the end.

Composure. Steadiness. Strategy. They lack it in big games when the momentum is flowing against them.

I don’t think these back-to-back losses are a coincidence.
Kingsley is a noob coach. He clearly can coach but is new to running the show in finals. He'll learn, although not quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching peel thunder v swan districts in the wafl prelim today.
Liam reidy whose on Fremantles list, debuted last round this year should be our main target for ruck depth. 24 year old, mature body whose been on there list for 2 years. Looks a real competitor and moves well. Stuck behind Darcy and Jackson. Really want to have a crack at Erasmus also. Big frame for a mid, terrific at wining first possession. Reminds me so much of a young Steele. Dunno why the dockers don't give him a look in as a top 10 pick.
Except Reidy literally signed a contract extension last month

Merrett was looking pretty pissed with a number of his teammates in their last few games for second rate efforts. Maybe he has had enough

He's a gun, but he's 28 and would cost us 2 first round picks.

Goodbye future.

Merritt is stringers good mate and I believe he asked them to give Stringer the 2 years he wanted and the club said no. This was reported on SEN if I recall correctly.
He’s contracted and also their captain, about to finish top 5 in the Brownlow. Hard to see it happening without selling the farm.
If he’s actually mates with Stringer I’d steer clear based on that alone.

Merrett would be incredible..
Turns 29 soon, but the type of player he is, I can easily see him play another quality 5-6 years like a boomer Harvey. Doesn't rely on his pace similar to a Pendlebury, and you don't lose skill or footy iq. If people are saying we aren't in contention, with Zach we move a lot closer. Plus if we can't see a flag window within the next 12-24 months, we are doing something seriously wrong. Pick 8 this year and a future 1st? Unsure if that would be enough but worth trying..

Except Reidy literally signed a contract extension last month
Did he though? I remember reading a while ago that it was as good as done, but then he gave an interview to the West Australian on Sept 4th still saying it was "close". Maybe just his manager squeezing some more dollars. Would be a great get, reckon either he or Knobel goes

Merrett would be incredible..
Turns 29 soon, but the type of player he is, I can easily see him play another quality 5-6 years like a boomer Harvey. Doesn't rely on his pace similar to a Pendlebury, and you don't lose skill or footy iq. If people are saying we aren't in contention, with Zach we move a lot closer. Plus if we can't see a flag window within the next 12-24 months, we are doing something seriously wrong. Pick 8 this year and a future 1st? Unsure if that would be enough but worth trying..
This seems to fit Richmond to a tee. Needs more senior talent, will have plenty of draft picks and salary cap space. He'd just to accept joining a team with the rare quality of being shitter than Essendon currently, but at least the culture is sound.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back