List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

im on board with the merrett thing,if only because its essendon,if it was a 29yo laird/neale/cripps/touk/whitfield/viney/wines i wouldnt be so willing(bont maybe,but for different reasons)

will definately keep things interesting till monday the 30th when the bs gf is over

Max king straight swap for merret. Discuss

I cant get my head around it .
Why?
Is it a ploy to find out who the "mole" is? ( Tell different names to different suspects )?

Might be a tool to put some pressure on LDU?

If heā€™s actually mates with Stringer Iā€™d steer clear based on that alone.
Some people falling for another Tom Morris special. A player is unhappy with the club because his mate didnā€™t get a two year deal? Thatā€™s very odd to say the least. If I was a Essendon supporter, Iā€™d actually say thatā€™s prudent management and the right call. Not exactly a reason to be thinking of leaving the club.

As I already mentioned, I donā€™t buy this at all. I hope Merret stays at the Bombers. Saints donā€™t need to give two first rounders for a 28 year old.

Things are starting to get wild on this forum.

I love Merrett, have for years - but he isn't young and there's no way he'd be a salary dump.

I'd be surprised if pick 8 even satisfied them and that's a lot to give a 29 year old.

7 must only be upgraded to a better pick for a draftee if it is used in a trade, unless its for H Reid.

Having said that, if we got Merrett and Macrae for our midfield - I'd be asking Battle if he wants to reverse that decision because that spot on the field would suddenly be our biggest weakness.

Article written by Tom Morris

Well known that the club and him don't get along

Would be hilarious if we are leaking bullshit to this twat just to make him look like a complete and utter tool

Merrett is 29 next month .. contracted for another 3 years ... captain of Essington ... who would ask for the solar system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itā€™s going to be Max King for Zac Merrett isnā€™t it.

I reckon Morris is genuinely being trolled by the clubs lately. Feed him bogus info here and there and he suddenly starts looking like the weasely shit that he is.
Yep wouldn't surprise me at all

Merrett is contracted for another 3 years... unless Essington are very happy to let him go ... which hasn't been reported .... you just don't nominate a club and expect to get released when contracted ... especially as the captain and posterboy of that club

We'd win the premiership with a midfield of Steele Macrae Merrett Phillipou

Max King would average 10 goals per game

Essendon about to self-destruct again, this is beautiful!

Best case scenario: They will ask the moon for Merrett and no one will pay up and he'll be forced to mope around Windy Hill for another year.

Worst case scenario: we bend over and take the hit to "turbo-charge our rebuild"

Something in the middle: straight swap Merret & Steele

From the Essendon board šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

turbo charge the re build if it happens

pick 8, pick 9, 2025 first + a Rowan Marshallmaybe
my idea was obviously far fetched and from the Dodoro play book but lets break it down shall we;

Essendon Captain
3 x AA (most think he should have been this year too)
4 x club B&F
contracted for another 3 years
5th line of betting with sports bet for the Brownlow if you want to go down this line

So yeah, to be asking for the world? why not. We hold absolutely all the cards...

Lets just all agree that this will not be happening and you will instead end up with Jake Stringer for a future 3rd

my idea was obviously far fetched and from the Dodoro play book but lets break it down shall we;

Essendon Captain
3 x AA (most think he should have been this year too)
4 x club B&F
contracted for another 3 years
5th line of betting with sports bet for the Brownlow if you want to go down this line

So yeah, to be asking for the world? why not. We hold absolutely all the cards...

Lets just all agree that this will not be happening and you will instead end up with Jake Stringer for a future 3rd
Doesn't matter what you've done if you start leaking against your coach

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back