List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly the other way around, Merret is unhappy with the changes happening at the hanger and likes things exactly as they have been. See his complaints about Stringer, Hind and Laverde. He's jacking up because he didn't get what he wanted, his party boys all around him.
Potentially, at the end of the day we dont know.
He could of been promised certain things as well and they have gone back on those promises. Its just speculation at this point

There's zero chance this happens, but if it does, I'm going to drive the truck and dump the shit out the front of moorabin myself :)
jurassic park deal with it GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So people, I know it’s early, but many of us aren’t over all the names of players new and foreign. How would you see the barometer of trade winds blowing so far? Anyone venture a score out of 10?

This Merrett talk is absolutely ridiculous. If there’s any truth to it then St Kilda supporters should storm Moorabbin asking for Silvagni’s head. Let’s throw away two years of draft picks for a 29yo. Yes he’s a great player but this kind of move will destroy what is already an extremely thin list. Whether we like it or not the only way to set up for any type of future success is to hit the draft hard and bring in some gun young mids to add to what we already have.
I’ve been a vocal critic of Silvagni since his days at GWS, if this is true then it’s me just about done with this club.

Or is this a Claytons bid? Is this the bid you have, when you are not having a bid. We are known to have a large cash pile we want to use, preferably on free agents. Essendon now has a disgruntled captain (who is contracted), for which there is little downside in this, in us seeing if we can get him to express a desire to leave. Then a fair to reasonable trade offer and if not accepted, we have left Essendon in turmoil. Their captain wants to leave and they head from bad to worse.

This may be similar to some offers the Saints make where it seems like we are bidding up the salary, so we can either stretch that club, to put them under pressure, or to free up another player, they then cant pay the market rate to him, as their salary cap is maxed out.

Even if this is fantasy, got to love creating turmoil and unrest at Essendon (and also Carlton if we can).

Jackson MaCrae realistic.
Zach Merrett not realistic.

Lets move on

Fully expect the Merret talk is from managers feeling out what clubs are willing to part with.
I doubt we would be interested in any player who is going to cost to much and is closer to 30 than 25.
Brayshaw , LDU and Rowland would be a different story - they will be all off contract next year.

This Merrett talk is absolutely ridiculous. If there’s any truth to it then St Kilda supporters should storm Moorabbin asking for Silvagni’s head. Let’s throw away two years of draft picks for a 29yo. Yes he’s a great player but this kind of move will destroy what is already an extremely thin list. Whether we like it or not the only way to set up for any type of future success is to hit the draft hard and bring in some gun young mids to add to what we already have.
I’ve been a vocal critic of Silvagni since his days at GWS, if this is true then it’s me just about done with this club.
Depends on price. If he requests a trade and says he wants to leave and never wants to play for Bombers again, there is a reduction in the price to acquire him. He is an elite midfielder who could easily play another 5 years. We would be stupid not to consider it if the price was such that we weren't selling our future.
Merrett nominates saints

Saints split pick 8 for 13 and 21 from GC

Send Pick 7 and 13 and 21 to bombers

Get Merrett and Pick 9 back
Good example of how the price could work. This trade then ultimately becomes Battle (26) for Merrett (28) plus moving our first down the order by two spots (7 to 9). Thrown in Membrey and we might get a third round back too.

Since Lyon has come in we've heard repeatedly from Bassatt and Co that there are no shortcuts this time. We will take a long term approach and build through the draft.
If they genuinely target Merrett then the same complete and utter ****wits that have ruined this club for the last 150 years are in charge again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back