List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we are asking questions about Matt Kennedy & Lewis Young.

Kennedy is underrated IMO, reckon he’s a really solid midfielder that can swing forward too.

Young would be good depth if nothing else, could even back up Romo in game if he plays. 6’7 guys don’t grow on trees, rather him than Cordy!

I reckon Young would cost next to nothing, Kennedy I’m not sure about. I’m sure SOS of all people would be making enquiries at a minimum.

We need a Weitering/Andrews/May type.

Howard/Young/Tomlinson all do some form of itch scratching without sorting the issue.

With young specifically, Carlton are short on key backs. It’s actually a need for them. Yet they are telling Young to go find a new home.

Carlton got beat in a final & lost 6 out of last 8 games, something has to change they are clutching at straws to apese the members.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope we are asking questions about Matt Kennedy & Lewis Young.

Kennedy is underrated IMO, reckon he’s a really solid midfielder that can swing forward too.

Young would be good depth if nothing else, could even back up Romo in game if he plays. 6’7 guys don’t grow on trees, rather him than Cordy!

I reckon Young would cost next to nothing, Kennedy I’m not sure about. I’m sure SOS of all people would be making enquiries at a minimum.
This is getting a bit silly now with the Carlton gops. I don't mind one or two, but do we really want to turn St Kilda into the Carlton of 2022? Kennedy or Young are not the missing pieces of a premiership team, just like Dow, Stocker or Hammer weren't. We can't keep using up all our list spaces with anymore fairly decent players, we've got plenty already.

Either untried draftees or game-changing guns and leaders only, please.

This is getting a bit silly now with the Carlton gops. I don't mind one or two, but do we really want to turn St Kilda into the Carlton of 2022? Kennedy or Young are not the missing pieces of a premiership team, just like Dow, Stocker or Hammer weren't. We can't keep using up all our list spaces with anymore fairly decent players, we've got plenty already.

Either untried draftees or game-changing guns and leaders only, please.
I do agree with although.

I also feel that Kennedy has been horribly used his entire career.
He has played his best football as an inside mid.
Yet both GWS and Carlton do not playing him as an inside mid.

I get that Carlton have Cripps who takes most of that duty away.
But for Voss to say he sees Kennedy as a Half Forward is ridiculous.

I reckon we would have pushed top 4 with a fit Crouch and a few less injuries. Next year with a clean injury run and internal development we should be pushing back towards there again. Merrett probably would push us a lot closer. You only need to get a couple of soft kills and you are in the running.

We probably need to groom Sharman as the third tall defender and hope that King steps back up though.
Someone has replaced Gringo with some positive campaigner while I've been away. Doesn't feel right.

He gets played out of position because both clubs have much better midfield options. It's the same as Paddy Dow.

I don't see any need for us to keep adding these types to our list when we can be pumping midfield minutes into Pou, Windy, Wilson and possibly even Owens.

You mean that he actually had any journalistic integrity....!!!!

The FBI wouldn't be able to find his "journalistic integrity"

It wasn't that long ago that he was Trumpeting that Big Ro wanted out of the Saints.

That was a coup for Tom....NOT !!!!!!
Ahhh Tommy and his purple mate. Dweebs who love to hate the Saints.

View attachment Purple Licker.mp3

OK - which contracted gun are we getting today. I reckon its about time for the media to run with a King Twins reunion story.

Surely that will fill in another day before they turn their collective brain cell to the weekend finals matches.

Heard Tom Morris is about to lead with his new story.
Ross and Bassat seen today having coffee with Harley Reid
prepared to make a 10 year 24 million dollar offer and a high up job at seek.

Saints prepared to offer
2024 7,8,24
2025 1st

As well as Phillipou, Wilkie, Wilson and Hastie

Eagles still not interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said. If it’s a cheap cost. I’d rather him over a Jones or Byrnes

I think he's probably a similar level to what we got from Jones late in the year but a bit less dynamic. Byrnes is a workhorse running utility. We need a Crouch replacement mid not another depth player.

Kennedy looked good when he first arrived at Carlton but has struggled with form, consistency and injury. Lyon might be able to get the best out of him but Dow is just as likely to improve with a decent run. Our training guys need to be looked at too.

Carlton got beat in a final & lost 6 out of last 8 games, something has to change they are clutching at straws to apese the members.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sacrificing a shit tall going to appease members?

Where is Jackson Ferguson when we need him to bring everyone together on BigFooty

I think he's probably a similar level to what we got from Jones late in the year but a bit less dynamic. Byrnes is a workhorse running utility. We need a Crouch replacement mid not another depth player.

Kennedy looked good when he first arrived at Carlton but has struggled with form, consistency and injury. Lyon might be able to get the best out of him but Dow is just as likely to improve with a decent run. Our training guys need to be looked at too.
Kennedy is much more of an inside player than either and has a strong overhead marking game. Can play a variety of roles.

Jones is bang average and gets on the mark 25% of a season.

Byrnes can run all he likes. He is a very average AFL footballer.

Don’t agree with that. He’s not a star, and barely a GOP, but he can fill a role.

We have absolutely ZERO depth behind Howard, unless we’re converting Keeler or Caminiti full time.

FWIW…

View attachment 2112833View attachment 2112834

I've watched Blues games and thought Young was okay. I never saw him as an obvious spud anyway.

Everyone assumes that the midfield is too thin based on a year where we had nearly every midfielder injured. Next year it could easily be a tall back shortage or small forwards. We have a decent amount of numbers in the midfield we don't in a lot of other areas and Battle has definitely made a hole.

I think I'd move Sharman back to that marking third tall role if we don't replace Battle. If King gets fit we play him and Hammer with Owens and a rotating mid with Butler and Snags at their feet.

I've watched Blues games and thought Young was okay. I never saw him as an obvious spud anyway.

Everyone assumes that the midfield is too thin based on a year where we had nearly every midfielder injured. Next year it could easily be a tall back shortage or small forwards. We have a decent amount of numbers in the midfield we don't in a lot of other areas and Battle has definitely made a hole.

I think I'd move Sharman back to that marking third tall role if we don't replace Battle. If King gets fit we play him and Hammer with Owens and a rotating mid with Butler and Snags at their feet.

Maaaaate

No

Leave Sharman in the forward line. Could well end up our best forward.

Exactly. Not sure why people are so sensitive about it. Saints statement clearly indicated there was informal discussion, which Morris got wind of and reported.
If SOS and Gubby aren’t out there kicking the tires in every option then WTF are we paying them for. Doesn’t mean we would take it any further.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still think it's a positive for us. We are out with bags of cash shaking trees. I'd think it gets a few player managers looking at their stable and trying to work out who would suit.

Maaaaate

No

Leave Sharman in the forward line. Could well end up our best forward.

I love Sharman forward and don't want to sell my shoes to buy a hat but he'd be the most like for like player to stop us having to break up our best line. King is going to have to find a spot and it makes us a bit tall and immobile with Hammer back.

For we need elite talent , but we don't need a 29yr old , we need a LDU or Bryshaw who are both around the 25yr old bracket.
Both are RFA next year so I fully expect they will be looking at offers being tossed around.

Of course we do but they are very hard to get. Geelong was crazy to get Jeremy Cameron at 29 for three firsts round picks. Worked out okay.

We also need to move fast or another lot of players will see out a career barely seeing a final.

He was always a mid forward though. He's been injury prone and a bit unreliable. His best is very good though. If he was nearly free he could be the type that Lyon irons out the wrinkles but you'd want a proper medical done.

One of either Macrae or Kennedy (not both) probably lean toward Macrae as a more proven talent but Kennedy is cheaper and there’s less issue if we wind up benching him cause some kid comes on.

I also wouldn’t dismiss Young. We’re talking about Tomlinson pretty seriously, Young is big enough to play TRUE fb which frees up Dougal to play CHB and makes Wilkie a proper third tall. The backline system we have feels tailored to guys like Young, **** Ross made Dawson look like an elite FB. Young is 25 as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back