List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget about the SOS/blues thing- it's irrelevant.

Kennedy can't get a gig in front of walsh and cripps in his preferred spot- no shame in that.

He's been doing a decent job at half forward, and would really thrive to at least (uninjured) brad crouch type level as a fulltime inside mid I reckon.

He'd come across with a point to prove.
I hope we are right into him- future 2nd/3rd type deal.

Force the likes of dow, jones, clark to smash down the selectors door in order to get a game.

As for Young- same again, it's just co-incidence that it happens to be carlton, the SOS connection is irrelevant.

Surely enright and rtb are a good gauge of whether they can use him with battle gone.
If they say yes- get him in.

Anyway…

Anyone else hearing the talk that SDK is “gettable”?
Very small murmurings. Hopefully enough for us to pursue it, Battle for SDK as a straight swap is perfect. Hasn't had much continuity in one position this year which would've affected his form. If we could settle him at full back and tell him that he's our man for the next decade, that would do our rebuild a world of good

Would much prefer SDK for pick 8 over Lewis Young for a third rounder

Kennedy can't get a gig in front of walsh and cripps in his preferred spot- no shame in that.

He's been doing a decent job at half forward, and would really thrive to at least (uninjured) brad crouch type level as a fulltime inside mid I reckon.

Force the likes of dow, jones, clark to smash down the selectors door in order to get a game.

As for Young- same again, it's just co-incidence that it happens to be carlton, the SOS connection is irrelevant.

Surely enright and rtb are a good gauge of whether they can use him with battle gone.
I don't care about the SoS thing, I care that we're getting many cast offs from the same one club - I don't recall this club amounting to shit until very recently so why are we desperate to pick up the worst of their list?

Very small murmurings. Hopefully enough for us to pursue it, Battle for SDK as a straight swap is perfect. Hasn't had much continuity in one position this year which would've affected his form. If we could settle him at full back and tell him that he's our man for the next decade, that would do our rebuild a world of good

Would much prefer SDK for pick 8 over Lewis Young for a third rounder
Would've known Boris in his first year I think.

Also, wasn't Gubby talking to his brother during our last game - I'm pretty sure the cameras showed the two of them in one of the boxes.

Can’t see us having any interest in Kennedy with McRae alreading committing to us.

There needs to be some room in that midfield for the young players coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care about the SoS thing, I care that we're getting many cast offs from the same one club - I don't recall this club amounting to shit until very recently so why are we desperate to pick up the worst of their list?

For years they have been massive underperformers- they've been recognised as having one of the best 'on paper' best 22 in the comp- but failing to contend.
Plus- it isn't a rule that cast offs from flag winning sides are guaranteed to be any better than spoon winning castoffs etc.

For instance- we got wood from lolnorf and crouch after the crows won the spoon.

Can’t see us having any interest in Kennedy with McRae alreading committing to us.

There needs to be some room in that midfield for the young players coming through.

There still would be.
How many kids did we play this year?
A: boatloads.

Carlton must have something brewing on the defender front if they trade Young. Their 190cm+ defenders (not counting Mitch McG, he's exactly 190 apparently) - Brodie Kemp, Weiters, Durdin and some bloke called Domenic who hasn't played an AFL game yet.

I wonder if they are looking at SDK.
Haynes will be going there

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back