List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Haynes will be going there

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ah yeah right, actually a Carlton supporting friend (it's possible to have them) did tell me that on the weekend and it's just been reported on AFL website. Thanks.

He'll (Haynes) be almost 33 at the start of the H&A season, jeez they'd be really banking on getting things done next year with their list. Not an 'old' list by any means but still....

Can’t see us having any interest in Kennedy with McRae alreading committing to us.

There needs to be some room in that midfield for the young players coming through.
Yep i agree , one mature mid is enough unless you got LDU which is never ever happening

Anytime his form has been good, his body has let him down-soft tissues. If he can have a couple of healthy years, he gives us a point of difference in our midfield with his strong tackling & explosive run.
No coincidence our midfield looked much sharper when Jones, Clark and Dow all got good blocks of games. Match fitness, touch, and playing together takes time.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah yeah right, actually a Carlton supporting friend (it's possible to have them) did tell me that on the weekend and it's just been reported on AFL website. Thanks.

He'll (Haynes) be almost 33 at the start of the H&A season, jeez they'd be really banking on getting things done next year with their list. Not an 'old' list by any means but still....
Does he come with his own wheel chair

For years they have been massive underperformers- they've been recognised as having one of the best 'on paper' best 22 in the comp- but failing to contend.
Plus- it isn't a rule that cast offs from flag winning sides are guaranteed to be any better than spoon winning castoffs etc.

For instance- we got wood from lolnorf and crouch after the crows won the spoon.

There still would be.
How many kids did we play this year?
A: boatloads.
Very few through the midfield for any decent amount of time though.

Windy and then Pou early and late in the year

That was before McRae was on the list let alone trying to fit Kennedy in there too.

Can’t see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way we're wetting ourselves over any player who shows us any love at all is understandable but a wee bit too sad and desperate for comfort.

And this Sam DeKoning rumour, is there anything at all there? Is he gettable and would he come over to us?
Urgh. Geelong is the new Essendon when it comes to trades. They'd ask for 3 top ten picks, Max King and Naz.

I know everyone thinks I am a Clark fanboi, but can see the MacRae move as being nothing but beneficial for him as well.
He gets fair criticism for his lack of ToG and hopefully he gets a full preseason.
With MacRae, Steele and Clark as the inside mids, Dow, Pou, Windy, Jones, Garcia, Wilson and the two dp's, a fit midfield is looking, while not top 4 material, certainly a lot better than this year.

Thank God we didn't try to top up with Houston or Merrett or some other messiah that would take all our draft capital.
So MacRae ( so far)
Pick 7
Pick 8 (hopefully)
Peckett
Cole
The other NGA
Windy, Henry, Max all back.

Must be springtime, because it is time to hope once again.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It certainly is not a top 4 midfield! I would say 90% of analysts and fans would say it’s probably on the edge of the bottom 4. Richmond, WC, mayyybe Adelaide. Struggling to think of more.

It certainly is not a top 4 midfield! I would say 90% of analysts and fans would say it’s probably on the edge of the bottom 4. Richmond, WC, mayyybe Adelaide. Struggling to think of more.
We might be hoping for just a little improvement from the likes of Pou, Garcia , Windhager.
I could be wrong but i might consider that most players haven't played their best footy in their first few years.
( mild condescending sarcasm ).

Very happy with McCrae nomination.
Accumulates and distributes at the coal face. Will be a very good foil for Steele. Windy, Garcia and Pou will learn alot from the triple AA. Let alone picks #7 and #8.
Very savvy work...we have $ to spare and effectively bring in a playing - coach for the developing midfielders.
Don't tamper with those first two picks Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back