List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd be mad not to find out what Callaghan would cost right now. Then proceed on the basis of that information.
Season 3 No GIF by The Simpsons

I'd be more than happy to ship off 2 1st's(2025 and 2026) next year for him and chase LDU as a FA. Then get back to drafting

Steele, Mcrae
Windy, Pou, Garcia, Wilson, Henry
7&8 this year as mids, Peckett
Callahan and LDU

rights the midfield situation in a big way

/wishful thinking tho/
More wishful thinking (starting with the most wishful of all - Pick 8 compensation). Given the nature of the draft I reckon the #1 player on some clubs' boards might still be there at 8. We'll already have our top pick locked away at 7.

If GWS were prepared to do 18 + F2 for 17 last year, surely someone will entertain a mid-teens pick + F1 for 8. Gives us some extra capital for trades next year, and maybe we still get the next player on our board in the teens. It's also much more fun death riding first rounders when they're not ours

We’ll be the only one that isn’t a feral introduced pest.

Dingley isn't bayside.
It’s literally just following south road down as it turns onto the bypass.

Kidding yourself if you think some technicality about location doesn’t make them a threat to what we want to be, stand for and achieve in the area.

Whether they are feral or not is irrelevant. They are a big club and a threat to us.

What they are doing is the equivalent of Sydney deciding they want to relocate back to Victoria and setting up shop next to the doggies or North.

They could have gone anywhere east of their current location and they settled strategically on a landfill site in the heart of the countries biggest talent producing pathway in the last 15 years.

Not only is that a challenge to us attracting players to the area it also fundamentally has a huge impact on the NGA academy.

Good thing its our allocated area then hey
You believe they will never be up for discussion review etc??

You think Hawthorn won’t lay claim to the same talent sources as ours?

I’ve noticed the Kennedy Center also has areas for public and sporting club use too…

Kidding yourself if you think some technicality about location doesn’t make them a threat to what we want to be, stand for and achieve in the area.

Whether they are feral or not is irrelevant. They are a big club and a threat to us.

What they are doing is the equivalent of Sydney deciding they want to relocate back to Victoria and setting up shop next to the doggies or North.

They could have gone anywhere east of their current location and they settled strategically on a landfill site in the heart of the countries biggest talent producing pathway in the last 15 years.

Not only is that a challenge to us attracting players to the area it also fundamentally has a huge impact on the NGA academy.
I know only too well what they’re doing and I’ve hated them for decades. You give them too much credit, big club I don’t think so. Get a side that contends for a decade, run the club well, don’t be afraid to rock the boat where necessary and the saints will be fine.

Hawthorn talk a lot of garbage including their ex players, it’s been on full display for weeks and reached fever pitch after their loss.

Last edited:
Hawthorn are only a big club when they’re winning.

I’m not concerned yet, because their list isn’t there.

Their forward line is horrendous, and they still haven’t addressed the lack of lock down key defender.

Battle isn’t that, nor is Barrass.

It’s on us to claim bayside if people see them as a threat.

By that logic it's Dingley is down Springvale Road from Mulgrave.
In fact they're closer to Waverley than us post move.
There isn't exactly too many greenfield sites you can put a professional football club elite training facility in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll put it this way. If a side wanted to push up high in the draft order they need to expect to give up good picks.

Callaghan was a pick 3 and hasn’t lost any value since. If you want to move up the draft to pick 3 you’d be expected to give up 2 firsts somewhere in the order.

And pick 3 would be even more of an unknown than Callaghan who seems to be tracking nicely.

Callaghan is just three seasons into his career. There aren’t too many mids that are dominating by that time outside a few freaks and Callaghan is still doing his apprenticeship mostly playing on the outside with GWS having a strong midfield.

Depending on where the two first fall you may get something back as well, but the two firsts are a starting point unless you were to hold a top 5 pick.
I’ve been off Macrae given age and contract and direction. Didn’t see Peatling being or likely to be better than most of our kids. Don’t see the point of paying for Soldo to sit in the scoobs as he’s nit getting better and he’s just a back up (well, to me he is).

But I’d be all in on Callaghan. Seven firsts, 100% of our salary cap and 15 Cotton On stores in case Geelong comes knocking.

The story of Henry Ziegland has been around for over 100 years and is one of the unluckiest, and most unbelievable, tales you will hear.

In 1905, the farmer, from Honey Grove, Texas, dumped his then girlfriend, Maysie Tichnor, who took the news incredibly badly and killed herself.

Angered by the way Henry had treated his sister, Maysie's brother took it upon himself to exact some revenge.

He went down to Henry's home and shot him before turning the gun on himself and taking his own life.

However, unbeknownst to the vengeful brother at the time, his first shot only grazed Henry, and instead landed in a tree behind him.

So far, it's a pretty tragic series of events, I think we can all agree.

Well, fast forward 20 years and Henry is out chopping some trees down on his land, but there's one he just can't budge because it's so big.

So instead of trying to axe it down as he usually would, he bored some holes in its trunk and packed it full of dynamite.

Now, while upon detonation the tree was blown to pieces, as planned, it also dislodged that bullet that had been sat there waiting for over two decades.

The explosion sent said bullet hurtling through the air, striking Henry in his temple and sadly killing him.
wow thanks,good find

Stavro is kind of right about what Hawthorns intentions are. They see the general area as being exploitable as we are not as strong a club and theres enough broad area around to not just "invade" like if they were to do the same to the western/northern areas.

Hawthorn has always attempted to exploit the Saints going all the way back to the original zone days where they lobbied to both get and mantain zoning areas that were meant to rotate to us.

No they aren't proper bayside like StKilda has claimed, but they are definitely butting into the general dandenong areas which is part of our area.

This in many ways is our own doing due to not capitalizing on our strength during the 2002 through to 2012 era when we had a lot of strong sides and could have built a lot of off field strength and assets.

The story of Henry Ziegland has been around for over 100 years and is one of the unluckiest, and most unbelievable, tales you will hear.

In 1905, the farmer, from Honey Grove, Texas, dumped his then girlfriend, Maysie Tichnor, who took the news incredibly badly and killed herself.

Angered by the way Henry had treated his sister, Maysie's brother took it upon himself to exact some revenge.

He went down to Henry's home and shot him before turning the gun on himself and taking his own life.

However, unbeknownst to the vengeful brother at the time, his first shot only grazed Henry, and instead landed in a tree behind him.

So far, it's a pretty tragic series of events, I think we can all agree.

Well, fast forward 20 years and Henry is out chopping some trees down on his land, but there's one he just can't budge because it's so big.

So instead of trying to axe it down as he usually would, he bored some holes in its trunk and packed it full of dynamite.

Now, while upon detonation the tree was blown to pieces, as planned, it also dislodged that bullet that had been sat there waiting for over two decades.

The explosion sent said bullet hurtling through the air, striking Henry in his temple and sadly killing him.
Lets be honest. That's so St Kilda.

Anyway. Bring this back on topic.

Still think Kennedy along with Macrae would represent 2 very smart gets.

Especially if we are bullish about being a September side next year. Allows for a nice little rotation for Steele/Pou/Kennedy and even Owens and gives this draft crop sometime to find their feet aswell.

Excuse my ignorance but why does it matter if Hawthorn move closer to Moorabbin? Surely players do not choose their club based on that information — we are hardly talking about Seaford.

We’ve nominated a s#itload about 5,000 ok… a few mids for this year & next, but there is still one more position we need almost as much & if Howard is on the outer, then it’s sooner rather than later & that is a solid full back.

Any out there that are worth chasing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back