List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

AZ WS
I think he’s definitely a decent footballer.

I’m not sure he’s been treated unfairly by Carlton though. He gets a game every week. His issue is though that the Blues have too many similar types and there are better mids ahead of him so he has to spend time in other positions.

He’d have the same issue with us I’d imagine and probably nearly every other club in the competition.

You need a point of difference in your midfield so unless you are elite as that one paced hall winner you are going to struggle to get a full game in the middle.
Carlton are happy to keep him,but he wants more midfield time.
Has played regularly so they haven't mistreated him

But Kennedy has been reported as telling Carlton he wants to play inside midfield.

He feels frustrated that he is being played out of position on a wing or a flank. The reason he wants a trade is to be the full time midfield bull.

We have Steele and now Macrae to fill that role. And potentially other developing lads in the team and whoever we draft.

I doubt he wants to go to another club unless they can assure him that he will play that role.
Injuries. Look at us midway through the season. No mids.
He comes he ain't guaranteed shit. Earn your spot. Same with McRea. If Steele, Clark, Dow, Windy and Garcia are better in and under, McRea and Kennedy can sit at Sandy.
Prove your worth. Sick of players thinking they get a game not on merit. Competition in the mids. Good.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Terrible call.

This is 2 seconds of searching aswell.

I was there when Daniher jumped on Carlilse's head and won the 2017 mark of the year and to be honest I've never seen a tall guy get so much elevation.

I dearly dearly want Max to be as good or better than Joe.

Potential is a big word to use, but Max has it and Joe Daniher looks to have fulfilled his.

Max now has a huge contract in front of him, they are now becoming the norm. Let's hope he can fulfil his potential.

I like Kennedy as a player. Don't think I want him though. My only issue is taking games away from the likes of Windy.

Of course if injuries smash us it's another story. I'll wish we had him.

Our midfield went alright against Geelong and Sydney late in the season. Macrae plus drafting a couple of decent mids is the way to go I think.

Kennedy wants guaranteed midfield time by the sound of things. He's a decent player but he's not Cripps or Bont

80 metres? From the centre of Marvel?
No exaggeration there?

I'm not posting highlights of Daniher on here but some of his early goals at the MCG with the Bumbers were from serious range.

As said I'd like to see Max play up the ground a bit.

He's got the talent and potential to be a game changer, love to see him fulfil them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries. Look at us midway through the season. No mids.
He comes he ain't guaranteed shit. Earn your spot. Same with McRea. If Steele, Clark, Dow, Windy and Garcia are better in and under, McRea and Kennedy can sit at Sandy.
Prove your worth. Sick of players thinking they get a game not on merit. Competition in the mids. Good.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So far Dow hasn't provided much on the inside.

I think Steeles best footy is when he gets to spend some time forward. This would allow that.

I’d be willing to sacrifice some speed overall to win more first use
Fair enough

I think there’s a reason the likes of he and Macrae are getting pushed out of midfields. You just can’t roll out same same midfields with such little pace and explosiveness and expect to do well.

Each to their own through, but I’ll be surprised if he ends up here.

I was there when Daniher jumped on Carlilse's head and won the 2017 mark of the year and to be honest I've never seen a tall guy get so much elevation.

I dearly dearly want Max to be as good or better than Joe.

Potential is a big word to use, but Max has it and Joe Daniher looks to have fulfilled his.

Max now has a huge contract in front of him, they are now becoming the norm. Let's hope he can fulfil his potential.

This is what bothers me. All it takes to realise Max is not as good as Joe yet is to take the St Kilda goggles off for 5 minutes. Yet we are already treating him like he's Nick Riewoldt or Buddy Franklin. Let's see him get there first and then if he does just be fair to him and pay up. Brodie Grundy was actively one of the best footballers in the comp and giving out a mammoth contract still went pair shapped for the pies. There are no garuntees here and he's still already contracted with us for 2 more years it just doesn't make sense to take the risk to me.

Kennedy, Steele and Macrae would be the slowest least damaging midfield in the competition.

Oh no- lets not risk ruining the speedy, damaging midfield we have currently!

Who cares if paddy dow has more legspeed than kennedy if he can't get the ball 25+ times a game?

Who cares if zac jones has more leg speed than kennedy if he is held together with stickytape?

Bringing kennedy AND macrae in would allow them to do the grunt work- while the likes of steele, pou, garcia, henry etc rotate through the middle with impact and burst.

Steele has been turned (by necessity) into this lumbering in and under workhorse- but at his best he is/was far more than that.

Bringing in macrae and kennedy to do the grunt work would free him up to be the goal kicking, dynamic, balanced mid he used to be.

We wouldn't be slow if steele is freed up by kennedy being the one on the bottom of packs.

Bringing kennedy and macrae in also doesn't stifle opportunity for garcia, windy and pou to get time in the midfield (as impact players rotating through half fwd).

What it does do is relagate the likes of dow, jones and clark to where they belong- injury cover (unless they are dominating vfl).

I'm fine with that.

Fair enough

I think there’s a reason the likes of he and Macrae are getting pushed out of midfields. You just can’t roll out same same midfields with such little pace and explosiveness and expect to do well.

Each to their own through, but I’ll be surprised if he ends up here.
I’m not saying he will end up here. But I’d take him.

No shame not being able to get long consistent minutes when Cripps Walsh Cerra/Hewitt are infront of you.

This is what bothers me. All it takes to realise Max is not as good as Joe yet is to take the St Kilda goggles off for 5 minutes. Yet we are already treating him like he's Nick Riewoldt or Buddy Franklin. Let's see him get there first and then if he does just be fair to him and pay up. Brodie Grundy was actively one of the best footballers in the comp and giving out a mammoth contract still went pair shapped for the pies. There are no garuntees here and he's still already contracted with us for 2 more years it just doesn't make sense to take the risk to me.
I'll give you 2 reasons to sign up long term.

1, Free agency he is coming up to that at the end of next year

2, Tasmania and it's lure for marque players the AFL will target players to get them there.

Oh no- lets not risk ruining the speedy, damaging midfield we have currently!

Who cares if paddy dow has more legspeed than kennedy if he can't get the ball 25+ times a game?

Who cares if zac jones has more leg speed than kennedy if he is held together with stickytape?

Bringing kennedy AND macrae in would allow them to do the grunt work- while the likes of steele, pou, garcia, henry etc rotate through the middle with impact and burst.

Steele has been turned (by necessity) into this lumbering in and under workhorse- but at his best he is/was far more than that.

Bringing in macrae and kennedy to do the grunt work would free him up to be the goal kicking, dynamic, balanced mid he used to be.

We wouldn't be slow if steele is freed up by kennedy being the one on the bottom of packs.

Bringing kennedy and macrae in also doesn't stifle opportunity for garcia, windy and pou to get time in the midfield (as impact players rotating through half fwd).

What it does do is relagate the likes of dow, jones and clark to where they belong- injury cover (unless they are dominating vfl).

I'm fine with that.
I’m not worried about pushing the likes of Jones and Dow out, that should be the aim. That should be the spots Windhager, Pou and Garcia are taking over, but you can’t replace all our speed with slow inside mids and expect good results.

Having those three as your starting mids makes is ridiculously slow and one dimensional. There’s a very good reason why the four sides left in the competition don’t have midfields that look anything like that of Steele, Macrae and Kennedy.

You can scoff at the lack of pace and explosivebess because you are happy we’d win a bit of footy but it doesn’t work.

As for the kids still being able to play midfield with Macrae and Kennedy in the side, well that can only happen if Kennedy plays a large chunk forward and considering that is why he wants out of Carlton, it makes no sense.

A opinion I have is if we want to trade for the GWS bayside boy and have either LDU and/or Brayshaw coming to us via free agency, we need to be competitive next year - either play finals or just miss out, as the above more than likely won’t come to us if there is no ‘optimisim’
Exciting times if we nail this draft and the free agency next year 😃

I’m not worried about pushing the likes of Jones and Dow out, that should be the aim. That should be the spots Windhager, Pou and Garcia are taking over, but you can’t replace all our speed with slow inside mids and expect good results.

Having those three as your starting mids makes is ridiculously slow and one dimensional. There’s a very good reason why the four sides left in the competition don’t have midfields that look anything like that of Steele, Macrae and Kennedy.

You can scoff at the lack of pace and explosivebess because you are happy we’d win a bit of footy but it doesn’t work.

As for the kids still being able to play midfield with Macrae and Kennedy in the side, well that can only happen if Kennedy plays a large chunk forward and considering that is why he wants out of Carlton, it makes no sense.

I'm not disagreeing with your point above, but a counterpoint would be that (re: the top four teams) - how many teams have the outside running power of Hill, Wood & Wilson (throw in Byrnes as a backup there).

I'm not keen on Kennedy because I think Carlton will want draft capital that we'd be better off holding on to, but just making the point that our outside run (particularly in early 2023 and that was before Wilson joined) was very good.

Announced their engagement the other day.

“Go to Hawthorn so I can get this job they’ve offered me in the area.”

“But honey I love the Saints.”

“I’ll marry ya.”

“Done.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No idea if his partner getting a job via Hawthorn is real or not but surely thats a quid pro quo. AFL needs to look into these kinds of bending the rules deals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back