List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Been dropped since round 22.

Missed out on selection AGAIN tonight and if they make the granny would be unlikely to play.

Throw the war chest at him.
You’re not throwing a ‘war chest’ at a FB surely… nice player but Im not selling the farm on that sort of player. Finn Callaghan on the other hand

Oh no- lets not risk ruining the speedy, damaging midfield we have currently!

Who cares if paddy dow has more legspeed than kennedy if he can't get the ball 25+ times a game?

Who cares if zac jones has more leg speed than kennedy if he is held together with stickytape?

Bringing kennedy AND macrae in would allow them to do the grunt work- while the likes of steele, pou, garcia, henry etc rotate through the middle with impact and burst.

Steele has been turned (by necessity) into this lumbering in and under workhorse- but at his best he is/was far more than that.

Bringing in macrae and kennedy to do the grunt work would free him up to be the goal kicking, dynamic, balanced mid he used to be.

We wouldn't be slow if steele is freed up by kennedy being the one on the bottom of packs.

Bringing kennedy and macrae in also doesn't stifle opportunity for garcia, windy and pou to get time in the midfield (as impact players rotating through half fwd).

What it does do is relagate the likes of dow, jones and clark to where they belong- injury cover (unless they are dominating vfl).

I'm fine with that.
You had me until Clark. He's probably our only mid who can get away a clean disposal in any circumstance, despite having the muscular allowance of Gumby.

So far we have Macca and no one else so I’m not sure there’s a problem getting Kennedy.
ATM we need around 7 spots filled with Crouch likely to not go on and there could be more to follow.
Not sure how many draft picks we’ll use, and I’m seriously hoping we use a future 3rd for Macca, because pick 43 would be our 4 picks as it stands. Hopefully 43 is either an academy of fs.
hard to keep up with this,lets see

we are one over already with hall needing to fit in?

6 delisted/ufa so 5 spots,macrae makes it 4?

hotton hayes paton membrey in limbo?

crouch possibly off list soon?

so maximum 9 spots if all 5 of those names not retained?

picks 7,8 or 21(battle)?and 24 plus picks for cole/peckett and a sandy player,leaves us 3 if all 5 of them gone?

soldo/tomlinson?so one pick left?

keep one of those 5 players,or get another player(kennedy peatling)?or hold onto a pick?

someone please tell me where ive gone wrong,im sure i have somewhere

Wins his own ball and has shut down some of the best players in the game, that’s a handy skill set. If you can take out Neale for example what’s that worth ? No different in my mind to a fullback keeping Cameron goalless. He’s also stiff developing and hopefully will become an attacking weapon as well.
Trust me I was one of Windy’s biggest fans and was ropable when Ross moved him out of the middle but I can’t argue with the results. When the midfield mix went from mostly Steele/Windy/Ross to Steele/Clark/Phillipou/Sinclair etc our form got better. There’s a clear distinction in the type of mid there.

I’m sure Windy will be a gun in time but with the mix we’ve got ATM I’m not sure if he fits in right at this minute. No harm in developing somewhere else for now.

Good to know Collingwood getting the Daicos's, Brisbane getting the Ashcrofts, Bulldogs getting Darcy's and Carlton getting the Camporeales for junk picks while keeping their first round pick is all our fault.
Also it is obvious we are responsible for losing McKenzie as an NGA whole four teams have unlimited access to multiple NGA's for junk picks.
Never looked at how we are to blame for all the top 8 teams benefiting from the AFL compromised draft.
Really good to know.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Amen, brother

I think he is. His first year at Carlton he played predominantly inside mid. He looked excellent, borderline A grade. Since being given less minutes he has dropped his numbers right back.
No Macrae and we’d jump on him but given Macrae is better, cheaper and won’t clog development it’s an easy call imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay hear me out. If we get Pick 8 like we’re hoping for, we trade it to a team that has two late teens picks, and then send one of them to the Dogs for Smith. Their board seems to have accepted that they won’t get a top 10 pick for him, so we could potentially offer a teen pick that’s better than what the Cats offer.

I find it strange that he hasn’t nominated Geelong yet. Maybe he’s waiting for our compensation pick to be announced?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably because Geelong are still in the finals. Same with no SA bound players nominating a club.

Naz was good in his second year, Pou played every game in his first, came back at the end of his second looking terrific, Wilson played every game and used his tank every game and was almost BoG v Geelong.
They aren't Reid, but to say they have no impact is patently not true.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

FFS. A mid you take next year isn't impacting the midfield from day one. It really isn't a difficult concept. You need both because only one in a thousand are ready to carry a major midfield role from day one. It doesn't mean they can't play at all. You really need comprehension skills. It will be three to five years before a draft pick will have a similar impact to someone like Steele or even Kennedy. You are either going full Plugger66 or you struggle with basic concepts.

No Macrae and we’d jump on him but given Macrae is better, cheaper and won’t clog development it’s an easy call imo.

I think you're probably right but if you can get him cheap it's another rotation or depth and gives us a good chance to play finals next year and probably Sandy too.

Clark is a lot better, you’d be sorry if you did that imo.

Clark is getting on and he's still fringe IMO. A better midfield and it's him and Jones on the chopping block. I rate him but he's also replaceable.

Been dropped since round 22.

Missed out on selection AGAIN tonight and if they make the granny would be unlikely to play.

Throw the war chest at him.
Not sure SDK had been dropped ... he battled a knee injury and had to have minor surgery in August and hasn't been able to force his way back into the side .... it could be that they are worried about his fitness given he has only played one VFL game since returning from the knee injury .... makes sense for Geelong to pick the same side that smashed the Qualifying Final ... except of course bringing in Tom Stewart who missed though illness I think

Don't know about the Jiggster but news on SS that Gazrat aka Asiu passed away a few days back

He was around from the beginning of SS
get ****ed

are you kinding?

wow
this is shocking
gaz took me to my first time to moorabbin
holy shit
man i had a good few weekends with gazrat over that 09 10 period

sorry to go off topic all
if any one else here posts on MTS pm me up

Want. But until we're consistently looking like making finals I'd be very reluctant to part with a future first in an even comp that only has 3 dud teams. Melbourne getting pick 5 for an 11-win season is unprecedented. I'm bullish on our progress but it's still not impossible to see us in the same boat next year without the easy fixture. No first rounder also makes the pursuit of Callaghan etc much harder.

I'd be happy to part with the Battle pick, with some picks coming back if it happens to be pick 8.
Tigers
Bombers
Roos

All certain to finish under us this time next year, even if our results somehow don't improve from this year with an easier fixture and more development in our young players

Crows
Demons
Suns
Eagles
Magpie

All likely to be under us also. If so, we'd finish 10th and our FF would be one pick later than our Battle comp this year (excluding all other compo and FS/academy picks)

This draft is too deep to trade out of. Draft this year, trade next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back