List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

A lovely sentiment- but for what purpose?

Virtually all our best players are in their prime years right now and about to hit 30.

We end up never entering flag contention if we blindly follow an edict that says we must play 19 year old kids in the midfield because 'they might end up being something'
Wait.. so Owens, Poo, Windy and whoever we draft with 7 and 8 don't need mid time. Makes sense.

stavro#4 I know you've already gone there, but this is the first time on here since 6:25 when I was listening to SEN teams, and I have wanted to say this ever since.

SDK, if he wasn't unhappy before - surely he is now. Mt Martha to Moorabbin is an easy drive, but surely anyone brought up on the Peninsula would be keen to leave Geelong at some point.

I hope we strike while the irons hot, grab SDK instead of Soldo - not as a pure ruck but as a backup or chop out. I truly think a SDK/Smith/pick 8 trade combo is a win for everyone.

I honestly think we were pretty close to Tom De Koning before that 2 year extension but that just took him to free agency. TDK next year as a free agent to play with lil bro and allow Roma to play more mid forward as hile ages. One of Finn, LDU or Brayshaw and we would be 2026 flag favourites.

It's dreamland stuff, but getting a SDK could be a sliding doors moment for our club.

Confirmed. Jake Stringer a Painter And Docker with links to the Morans and Ned Kelly.

NAS is very good now. Is it his third year? He is the quickest to come on in years. For every NAS and Sheezel there are much more that are slow burn. Wilson was good but neither are starring in the midfield.
Naz should've been in the AA 40.
Pou was poor early, but did the work and looked good towards the end...but I would agree that he's not quite there yet.
Wilson I thought had an excellent debut season...faded a bit mid year, when the whole team was poor, but came home with the wind in his sails.
Think Wilson, with his run, ability to take a strong mark, and get on the scoreboard reasonably regularly will be big for him next year.
To me he's shown more than Pou, and looks very likely. He may not be a star yet, but it won't take long.

hard to keep up with this,lets see

we are one over already with hall needing to fit in?

6 delisted/ufa so 5 spots,macrae makes it 4?

hotton hayes paton membrey in limbo?

crouch possibly off list soon?

so maximum 9 spots if all 5 of those names not retained?

picks 7,8 or 21(battle)?and 24 plus picks for cole/peckett and a sandy player,leaves us 3 if all 5 of them gone?

soldo/tomlinson?so one pick left?

keep one of those 5 players,or get another player(kennedy peatling)?or hold onto a pick?

someone please tell me where ive gone wrong,im sure i have somewhere
✔ Checks out for me

stavro#4 I know you've already gone there, but this is the first time on here since 6:25 when I was listening to SEN teams, and I have wanted to say this ever since.

SDK, if he wasn't unhappy before - surely he is now. Mt Martha to Moorabbin is an easy drive, but surely anyone brought up on the Peninsula would be keen to leave Geelong at some point.

I hope we strike while the irons hot, grab SDK instead of Soldo - not as a pure ruck but as a backup or chop out. I truly think a SDK/Smith/pick 8 trade combo is a win for everyone.

I honestly think we were pretty close to Tom De Koning before that 2 year extension but that just took him to free agency. TDK next year as a free agent to play with lil bro and allow Roma to play more mid forward as hile ages. One of Finn, LDU or Brayshaw and we would be 2026 flag favourites.

It's dreamland stuff, but getting a SDK could be a sliding doors moment for our club.

I would love to get SDK but Geelong usually don't let talented young players like him go.

The only players I can remember us getting from Geelong were spuds like Charlie Gardiner and Ryan Gamble.

We also got Steven King from them but he was well past his best and also injury prone by the time we got him.

I would love to get SDK but Geelong usually don't let talented young players like him go.

The only players I can remember us getting from Geelong were spuds like Charlie Gardiner and Ryan Gamble.

We also got Steven King from them but he was well past his best and also injury prone by the time we got him.
At least we didn’t give them Prime Jack Steven.

Pou was poor early, but did the work and looked good towards the end...but I would agree that he's not quite there yet.
Wilson I thought had an excellent debut season...faded a bit mid year, when the whole team was poor, but came home with the wind in his sails.
Think Wilson, with his run, ability to take a strong mark, and get on the scoreboard reasonably regularly will be big for him next year.
To me he's shown more than Pou, and looks very likely. He may not be a star yet, but it won't take long.
Nas and Wilson are the two absolute untouchables on our list IMO. Everyone else has a price (even if it's an eye-wateringly high one).

Hopefully we get Nas' signature wrapped up quickly or it could be a long year. SA teams will come hard.

Nas and Wilson are the two absolute untouchables on our list IMO. Everyone else has a price (even if it's an eye-wateringly high one).

Hopefully we get Nas' signature wrapped up quickly or it could be a long year. SA teams will come hard.
If there is one guy who deserves a ridiculous contract from us, it is Nas. Would be battle times 1000 if Nas leaves.

If there is one guy who deserves a ridiculous contract from us, it is Nas. Would be battle times 1000 if Nas leaves.

I would hope the club are ahead of the game in the area. Same with Pou
One of the reasons the club couldn’t afford to overpay a third tall defender.

get ****ed

are you kinding?

wow
this is shocking
gaz took me to my first time to moorabbin
holy shit
man i had a good few weekends with gazrat over that 09 10 period

sorry to go off topic all
if any one else here posts on MTS pm me up
Just shot you a PM.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium Defenders 2024 (Wheelo Stats)

Disposals (NWM 6th, Sinclair 4th, Houston 15th)
Kicking Eff % (NWM 50+, Sinclair 50+, Houston 10th)
R50s (NWM 11th, Sinclair 25th, Houston 15th)
Meters Gained (NWM 3rd, Sinclair 16th, Houston 9th)
Disposals per turnover (NWM 20th, Sinclair 17th, Houston 12th)
Intercept Possessions (NWM 26th, Sinclair 35th, Houston 19th)
Score Involvements (NWM 8th, Sinclair 1st, Houston 5th)
Score Launches (NWM 20th, Sinclair 6th, Houston 1st)
D50 1v1 Loss % (NWM 50+, Sinclair 100+, Houston 100+)
Pressure Acts (NWM 30th, Sinclair 2nd, Houston 10th)
Spoils (NWM 40th, Sinclair 100+ Houston 100+)
Bounces (NWM 6th, Sinclair 18th, Houston 50+)

NWM not in AA40
Sinclair in AA40 but not AA Team
Houston in AA team.

Three players with slightly differing profiles playing the same position. Our guys with lower kicking efficiency a big factor. I put in the defensive profiles in because I had a misconception Houston was better defensively but it’s probably NAS that wins out there although Sincs 2nd in pressure acts was a surprise.

Taking Sinclair pretty comfortably still but NAS projects better than all of them. Happy we pulled out of the race for Houston.

Haven't followed the thread or been reading, so not sure if this has been discussed, but would way rather Matt Kennedy if we can get him over Macrae. Younger, more versatile and can play forward in a pinch. Hope we are looking hard into this.
But less experience, less premierships, less leadership. That's all that matters with Macrae. Honestly he's probably still the better player even at 31 when full-time midfield

We need guys who can mentor our next crop of mids. At this point of our list build, there's no point in getting a 28 yr old who's an average player and doesn't offer much on the intangibles side, we may as well keep the pick and take an 18 yr old in that scenario

But less experience, less premierships, less leadership. That's all that matters with Macrae. Honestly he's probably still the better player even at 31 when full-time midfield

We need guys who can mentor our next crop of mids. At this point of our list build, there's no point in getting a 28 yr old who's an average player and doesn't offer much on the intangibles side, we may as well keep the pick and take an 18 yr old in that scenario

Couldn't agree more. Let another club profit from Kennedy. Our list spots are now too precious to waste on GOPs anymore.

Macrae has a cup and bags more experience. He comes from a club that has actually been to the top, not a bunch of no-marks who haven't gone anywhere for the last quarter of a century. He's played for a demanding coach who is unafraid to be a little different, not a clueless company man who's learnt to mouth the right sounds.

I don't doubt that Kennedy has a use, but we are better off throwing our young mids in at the deep end and living and dying on that than softening the blow with any more "halfway to paradise" players. It might be a different story next year if a few more such players may exit the Saints.

Haven't followed the thread or been reading, so not sure if this has been discussed, but would way rather Matt Kennedy if we can get him over Macrae. Younger, more versatile and can play forward in a pinch. Hope we are looking hard into this.
People forget how good Macrae is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back