List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that stands out is how he says "I had to talk to my girlfriend as it's life changing money". The guy is already on close to a million a year, a bit of perspective wouldn't go astray.
I wonder if the conversation included a request to get his balls back out of her handbag....

Le Archie and any other Essendon supporters wandering around here: "we might be a joke but St Kilda is the punchline"

That doesn't make any sense. If you are the joke then you are also the punchline. And make no mistake you are both. The rest of the footy world is laughing at your club's continued failure to rise to its supporters' lofty expectations, year after year since equalisation wiped out Essendon's advantage and it was bound by the same rules as the rest of us.

Now let's get it straight. We know what we are, we know our history, and if we somehow forgot we've got no-marks like you lining up to remind us. The spoons, the one cup, the dumb decisions and cruel twists of fate. We're still here, still fighting with the rest of the comp looking down on us and tipping the scales whenever they can.

Essendon supporters carry on like their club is a powerhouse of the comp but it isn't and hasn't been since before the invention of the iPod (remember those). Since then, it's been comedy hour at Windy Hill, as well as highly illegal and immoral activities. This last couple of years have been a perfect illustration of what the Bombers are now. Failed to get Clarkson, failed to get Lyon, forced to sack Rutten, removed CEO Thorburn after 1 day(?) In the job, veering on a lawsuit for doing so. Then bringing in players who promise much and deliver little at ridiculous expense. We ourselves gave you the most Essendonny of all our players and his ridiculous salary demands this time last year. Did it stop you losing? Only enough to give you enough hope to hang yourselves with.

You guys all thought you were finally going places this year with Bad Scott and his band of merry mercenaries but we stepped in to kick you out of finals.

I still remember that call by Anthony Hudson in the 3rd quarter: "WHERE ARE YOU ESSENDON?"

Where indeed! They'd downed tools as usual. Could be good, But it's too much effort.

Oh yes, we all know where they are, on the bloody Hindenberg about to burst into flames. Richmond have their 3 premierships to keep them warm at the foot of the ladder for the next couple of seasons, but what do you have? Fading memories of Lloyd and Hird making your lot look good, but you carry on acting like it's just a blip and when you're back you can all pretend that you didn't shame yourselves for decades, from the board and various presidents, to the cavalcade of useless coaches to your meme-worthy uberfraud of a list manager - fistpumping after snaring Irving Mosquito - right through to the gutless players no other club wants because they've been tainted with the red and black streaks of fraudulence and profligacy, fighting with Carlton players for the title of biggest disappointment of an AFL career.

Those player gifs the Dons made a few years ago, that just about sums up the skillset of an Essendon player and supporter; talking a big game. You're the only club with supporters who created a viral YouTube account purely to mock their own club's inadequacy yet so many supporters still want to throw shade on other clubs and pretend you're Nutty Kevin Sheedy twirling his jacket round like a pillock.

Do yourselves a massive favour: Lose the hubris, get back in your box, and concentrate on supporting your own club in its continuing time of trouble. Stay off oppo boards and always remember, any mockery your players or club get is entirely justified.
View attachment 2116512
Did you hear that Essendon supporter call in on sen yesterday?
He was whinging that they were increasing their membership price and for the first time in 25 years as a member he was contemplating not renewing.
Dwayne asked him if it was because of the price increase and he said no it was because of their poor ongoing onfield performances. 🥹😀😃😄😁😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

certainly sounds like merrett is in damage control,but he has the right fan base to fool,doesnt even have to try very hard id imagine,if the ones that cross our path here are any indication

i love essendon
im a sensetive new aged guy that discussed it with my partner
its all st.kildas fault

its ok zach,you play for a bunch of morons,no need to grease it so hard

Are we all spelling MCcrae differently on purpose?

Cos that's a trend I can get behind.
For everyone’s information I used to go with a girl from Footscray with her last name being McRae. I know completely irrelevant, but at least I now know where I went wrong when sending Valentine’s cards.

giphy.gif

Steele McCray!

steel cray.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anybody else think that Riley Bice was Bailey Rice??? Even kind of looks like him.

Sounds like Zach Merrett got sick of staring at footage of 900k dollar man Ben McKay in match review footage and played a bit of silly buggers with his manager. Don’t blame him lol.

Sounds like Zach Merrett got sick of staring at footage of 900k dollar man Ben McKay in match review footage and played a bit of silly buggers with his manager. Don’t blame him lol.

Think McKay was paid $1.5m this year probably double Merrett lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back